Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 12:39 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roskybosky View Post
I have to add, these cities are quite willing to take the tourist dollar (as much as they can possibly milk out of you,) yet make no accommodations for the needs of those same tourists. The Versailles had busloads of tourists herded through the palace all day. Bathrooms? About 6, and a line like 2 city blocks. Ruins everything, so beware.
And that's what adds insult to injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 12:41 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,972,569 times
Quote:
I have to add, these cities are quite willing to take the tourist dollar (as much as they can possibly milk out of you,) yet make no accommodations for the needs of those same tourists. The Versailles had busloads of tourists herded through the palace all day. Bathrooms? About 6, and a line like 2 city blocks. Ruins everything, so beware.

At least there are lot of trees in the Versailles for you to hide behind to do it while offering them extra nutrient supply from the natural fertilizer you release. It is much harder to do it in a concrete jungle like NYC filled with spectators everywhere ready to picture what you do and circulate it on youtube.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:12 PM

8,694 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Pee onto the nyc subway tracts. Adds to the mta aura

Old 09-07-2018, 01:15 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
New York is the worst when you have to find a restroom, especially with kids. So many places tell you that you have to buy something or order something, even when you are nicely dressed. I once removed my denim jacket in a cab, bunched it up to shove under me in case I was forced to go in the cab. I made it to a restroom somehow, but the bathroom thing ruins a lot of outings. Even if you plan it, even if you have no "problem" in that way.

Paris is just as bad, if not worse. I told my husband if we ever return, I'm wearing Depends. It was such a nuisance always trying to find a restroom; it becomes the focus of your sightseeing.
I thought Paris had those coin operated restrooms?

Old 09-07-2018, 01:39 PM

454 posts, read 763,863 times
I saw no coin-operated restrooms.
Even at the TOUR COMPANY office they told me they had no restrooms. Holy crap.

Old 09-07-2018, 01:45 PM

454 posts, read 763,863 times
[quote=BugsyPal;53016138]Only people with issues finding restrooms are mainly females. Guys can (and do) at least pee anywhere.....

That being said don't see what is the huge issue; and maybe it is because only females, the homeless and others are constantly yapping about having to "go" an cannot find a place.

"Only" females is "only" half the population. And "yapping"????

You sound like a nice guy.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:12 AM

478 posts, read 774,190 times
This all reminds me of an occasion--- it was more than twenty years ago mind you --- I
was at the Mcdonalds at 181st and Broadway. I heard a loud angry customer: "What do you mean there is no rest room? This is a Mcdonald's. There is always a restroom!"

I must admit half of me was sneering at the idea of this middle American, being dis-abused of his notion of what his rights are, vis a vis, being a person walking into a random Mcdonalds. Welcome to New York.

But then again, not being native to this town, I kind of understood his thinking. He gets off the GWB and he has to go. There is a Mcdonalds. Hunny, stay in the drivers seat, I'll only be a minute.
I'm sure he sent off one hell of an angry tirade letter to Mcd management. He probably got a bunch of coupons from that. But those coupons won't get him into any restroom at 181st St.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:04 AM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I can't blame them for not having one available for the public. People are gross especially when they know that they don't have to clean afterwards.

NYC - i remember using the restroom at a Starbucks and some lady decided to leave her bloody tampoon right on the floor. (the trash can was filled to the top with toilet paper so i guess she decided that the floor was the next option.
I understand why many restaurants/establishments here don't have restrooms. Its just extremely inconvenient at times. Note, if you're near a public park/beach out here, there will be public restrooms. But you're not always near such places and, if you're far from your home/hotel room, then you can be in for an uncomfortable time

Old 09-08-2018, 11:21 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterStereoman View Post
This all reminds me of an occasion--- it was more than twenty years ago mind you --- I
was at the Mcdonalds at 181st and Broadway. I heard a loud angry customer: "What do you mean there is no rest room? This is a Mcdonald's. There is always a restroom!"

I must admit half of me was sneering at the idea of this middle American, being dis-abused of his notion of what his rights are, vis a vis, being a person walking into a random Mcdonalds. Welcome to New York.

But then again, not being native to this town, I kind of understood his thinking. He gets off the GWB and he has to go. There is a Mcdonalds. Hunny, stay in the drivers seat, I'll only be a minute.
I'm sure he sent off one hell of an angry tirade letter to Mcd management. He probably got a bunch of coupons from that. But those coupons won't get him into any restroom at 181st St.
I've never been in an NYC McDonald's with no restroom. I could understand him being pissed since I consider it an obligation of a food establishment to provide restrooms for its paying customers, especially a massive chain like McDonald's.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:36 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Advice:
Don't drink any liquid if out and about for any length of time.
Stay away from foods with lots of moisture content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City