Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 10:12 AM

10,073 posts, read 14,453,980 times

Advertisements

I have seen that in several neighborhoods in the Bronx and it's a problem. I also saw it regularly in the west Harlem neighborhood that I used to live in.

I lived in Hamilton Heights in Manhattan for 4 1/2 years from 2012 to 2017, on 150th and Amsterdam. Every day, there were huge piles of new and old dog sh*t on the sidewalk. This was one of my biggest gripes with that neighborhood.

Hamilton Heights is gentrifying, but for some reason, neighborhood pride in terms of cleaning up after their pet dog is not a priority. It's pretty gross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2018, 01:06 PM

12,791 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
My old apartment was almost the same square footage as the house I grew up in here---my parents' house is tiny. We still had a dog. Dogs don't really need a lot of indoor space if you take them out a lot. (Or if they are lazy dogs like mine was.)

I have two cats in my coop now---the best pest control. I can do with one but we ended up helping someone out and adopting the second one too.

As for the dog poop, I see it a lot around where I live too---some blocks I can tell you are awful---must be the same jerks walking their dogs and leaving the poop behind. And my neighborhood is "nice" but the thing is people are jerks and no one gets in trouble for it ever so they figure, why bother? Why is it when it snows no one picks up after their dogs and there are just piles of **** everywhere? I remember one time my dog had diarrhea when I was walking him and I couldn't clean up after him and I felt so guilty leaving it behind.
There's your answer. The dogs all have diarrhea.

Old 12-26-2018, 02:55 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Take pictures and upload to complaint dept, police dept,etc... Call 311 and make a quality of life complaints.
Call everyday. Do not Stop. Watch the patrols come out in force and issue summonses.
Suddenly the poop problem disappears.
When common sense and respect for oneself or another does not penetrate very hard heads
taking money from their pockets performs great wonders.

Old 12-26-2018, 03:38 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Let me elaborate. A lot of people tend to think that quality of life issues are less likelier to happen in wealthier areas. I was pointing out that this is not the case. I did not mean to imply that money = class, but I could have worded it better.

I agree with 7th floor. Quality of Life issues permeates all divides be it creed,race or religion.
Quality of Life issues is far less noticeable in poor and wealthy neighborhoods where communities hold true to family values, a belief system and self respect for oneself and fellow man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City