Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 01:13 PM

19,057 posts, read 13,973,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
I know who I was talking to... and he doesn’t speak for the entire department, whereas commissioner does
Well I can speak for my precinct where right after the decision we all drove back to the precinct and have been doing nothing ever since. I’m actually working on my personal laptop with another cop right now. Working on as in we’re fixing it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Well cops who don't do their jobs should also get fired. If they don't like it they don't have to remain cops. Simple isn't it. Thousands of good men and woman would enjoy taking those jobs. It's pretty simple. Don't like your job some one else woild.
My cost benefit analysis is that union protections mean it is far, far tougher to fire us for doing nothing than the risk of doing something and having the bad luck of running into a walking piece of trash like Garner on his last few days anyway due to health issues.

I barely have to lift a finger and I’ll be here ten more years if I so choose, pumping up my pension over $10,000 a month. Nothing anyone can do about it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-19-2019, 01:18 PM

101 posts, read 90,191 times
Haha. Eric Garner is just another dead....

He should have shut his mouth, said "yes sir," and he'd be alive to collect welfare today. Hope some of ya'll out there learn ya lesson. And you know who you is.

This is really Bloomberg's fault. People complain about broken windows w/Rudy, but Bloomberg took it to a ridiculous level where cops were pulling people over for anything, everywhere, anytime. I got pulled over for picking my fkg nose while driving one day...cop said I was on my cell phone!

These cops want no part in "helping" ya'll, nor did Pantaleo give a crap about getting cigarettes off the streets in SI. He was told to do his job. Even the sista boss cop stood there while he "killed" the homeboy.

But, as usual, in the end the only suckas that are gonna die from this are the suckas in those neighborhoods. Crime will rise. More mofo's gonna get shot. Cops will only respond to radio calls, as would any of us. They just want to get to 20 and get theirs.

See homies, there ain't ever police brutality in my neighborhood. EVER. Why? Because we don't mouth off like ya'll. You should try it. Might save ya'll lives.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:19 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Is easy to say someone want the job. Try and be one, and let us know what it is like to be an officer.
Btw, in College I was going join the NYPD but I asked myself did I want to deal with the stress or the job. Given my personality which has inclinations to rage, and elements of insecurity, I felt I might do something I should not declined the job. I am ethical and self reflective. Others who are not so anaylaytical rush to the job. I am happy to make my living doing something else. I respect cops but they have to respect the people they serve as well.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:20 PM

12,790 posts, read 8,298,640 times
Quote:
Well cops who don't do their jobs should also get fired. If they don't like it they don't have to remain cops. Simple isn't it. Thousands of good men and woman would enjoy taking those jobs. It's pretty simple. Don't like your job some one else woild.
Please... Cops are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Easy for you to sit back and say what people should and shouldn't do. You're not putting your ***** on the line every day. They are...

Old 08-19-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
My cost benefit analysis is that union protections mean it is far, far tougher to fire us for doing nothing than the risk of doing something and having the bad luck of running into a walking piece of trash like Garner on his last few days anyway due to health issues.

I barely have to lift a finger and I’ll be here ten more years if I so choose, pumping up my pension over $10,000 a month. Nothing anyone can do about it.
Yes, your right. Nothing we can do about it. But hopefully their will be fewer of you and people like you as time goes on.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:22 PM

Actually maybe not ten more years. I just promised my wife that the first time a perp tells me “not today” from here on out, I’m just going to walk away and go straight to the pension section. Let that body camera video hit the news. It would be epic and I’d be damned proud of it too!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, your right. Nothing we can do about it. But hopefully their will be fewer of you and people like you as time goes on.
NYC doesn’t deserve cops like me, so I agree with you.

Old 08-19-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Please... Cops are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Easy for you to sit back and say what people should and shouldn't do. You're not putting your ***** on the line every day. They are...
It's a tough job. Hypothetically what police conduct to you justifies their termination ? What officer in the last 3 years would you say should have been fired ? I repeat the question.

Last edited by bxlover; 08-19-2019 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-19-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Actually maybe not ten more years. I just promised my wife that the first time a perp tells me “not today” from here on out, I’m just going to walk away and go straight to the pension section. Let that body camera video hit the news. It would be epic and I’d be damned proud of it too!
Have to say, maybe you should stop writing. But from what you have written previously you have a desk job. What perp is mouthing off to you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City