Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 02:14 PM

19,057 posts, read 13,973,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
It's a tough job. Hypothetically what police conduct to you justifies their termination ? What officer in the last 3 years would you say should have been fired ? I repeat the question.
Sorry, not falling for that trap.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Have to say, maybe you should stop writing. But from what you have written previously you have a desk job. What perp is mouthing off to you ?
Sort of, but not entirely. And because I’m in a precinct, I still have to fill in patrol often anyway.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-19-2019, 02:20 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Almost everyone, in whatever job they do, is accountable to someone - that's the truth for police officers, barbers, construction workers, bank tellers, deep sea divers. In the private sector, you're out quick for much less (an understatement). Police officers serve the public and if enough of the public is dissatisfied with the job done by a particular officer, they're not going to want him on that job anymore. To me it seems simple.
It's a pragmatic approach. The police union makes their argument that if a bad police office officer is fired it's going to be complete anarchy. The police union position is if a officer can be fired then that means you don't support good cops. Then those who think they are supporting cops make arguments like if you dare critize cops that means you hate all cops. It becomes some distorted extreme position. If any other union made such a position we would just dismiss it as extremely self serving.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Airborne, and I mean this in the nicest way, this conversation is not about you and what tough guy thing you want to say you would do. Let's try not to do this anymore where you talk about what you would do in some dramatic heroic fantasy of yours. It's not about you.
What you don’t get is that it is about me. It’s about all of us. Because tomorrow it could be me who runs into the next Eric Garner. And if I try to do my job and it goes south, suddenly I’m the racist white cop who murdered the newest cause de celebre and nothing I’ve done in my life or career will change that.

You know what won’t affect my life or my kid’s lives or my paycheck? Some loser calling me a freeloader. Zero effect. Much better choice. :ok:

My kids will never have to go into hiding or change their names because I scammed at work for a few years to boost my pension.

Last edited by Airborneguy; 08-19-2019 at 02:30 PM..

Old 08-19-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Sorry, not falling for that trap.
Didn't ask you. For you no cop should ever be fired. Yet, do you believe no teacher, janitor, nurses should ever be fired ?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
What you don’t get is that it is about me. It’s about all of us. Because tomorrow it could be me who runs into the next Eric Garner. And if I try to do my job and it goes south, suddenly I’m the racist white cop who murdered the newest cause de celebre and nothing I’ve done in my life or career will change that.

You know what won’t affect my life or my kid’s lives or my paycheck? Some loser calling me a freeloader. Zero effect. Much better choice.

My kids will never have to go into hiding or change their names because I scammed at work for a few years to boost my pension.
It's about all of us, right so maybe one day I will be coming home from work and reaching for my keys to enter my house and some cops will shoot me for having what they think is a gun. We can make tons of possible scenarios. But didn't Pantalleo get fired ultimately for lieing to investigators and not killing Garner ?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:44 PM

Don’t quote me when asking a question then.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
It's about all of us, right so maybe one day I will be coming home from work and reaching for my keys to enter my house and some cops will shoot me for having what they think is a gun. We can make tons of possible scenarios. But didn't Pantalleo get fired ultimately for lieing to investigators and not killing Garner ?
O’KNEEL the traitor explained why he decided to fire him. You clearly didn’t listen but you’re still going on and on about this?

Old 08-19-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Don’t quote me when asking a question then.
Ok, time to de escalate the conversation. Peace out. Have a safe night. I made my points, no need to press on further. Done with this topic. In the end bad cops being fired and held accountable will make your job easier. Your Union is wrong. Public support grows for cops and your job will get safer. More bad cops have to go for ultimately the good of all the good cops. That's my last word. Peace out

Old 08-19-2019, 02:56 PM

Today made my job much easier. The PC said “don’t do anything”. To that order, I will comply.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City