Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2019, 12:18 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Clearly you are not following the thread so we'll hold your hand

“What I am understanding is that [Majors] was in the park to buy marijuana,” Sergeants Benevolent Association president Ed Mullins told radio host John Catsimatidis on his AM 970 show, “The Cats Roundtable.”

https://nypost.com/2019/12/15/tessa-...sident-claims/

If later on in the thread it was found out this was not the case then it is what it is, but this is where the whole weed thing came from. So let's pay attention to the discussion.

this is a active ongoing police investigation, where her murderers, and everyone involved haven't even been rounded up yet. so why would the benevolent association president comment on it?
why would the boys murder one of their customers if she in fact was there to cop bud?

again. nope. and you will see
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2019, 12:20 PM

120 posts, read 203,278 times
Quote:
Clearly you are not following the thread so we'll hold your hand

“What I am understanding is that [Majors] was in the park to buy marijuana,” Sergeants Benevolent Association president Ed Mullins told radio host John Catsimatidis on his AM 970 show, “The Cats Roundtable.”

https://nypost.com/2019/12/15/tessa-...sident-claims/

If later on in the thread it was found out this was not the case then it is what it is, but this is where the whole weed thing came from. So let's pay attention to the discussion.
Well done in bringing that point back. But on that point - the story provides no evidence that she was in the park to by weed. That may turn out to be the case but that article is the only data point that mentions weed. And the statement that was made is not an official police statement. It was not made by an officer associated with the case. It was made by the president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association on a weekend daytime talk radio show. In the parlance of our times...it is "fake news." It isn't fake that he said it but the idea that any validity should be attributed to it needs to be shouted down from the mountain top with a loudspeaker.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:39 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboriginie View Post
Well done in bringing that point back. But on that point - the story provides no evidence that she was in the park to by weed. That may turn out to be the case but that article is the only data point that mentions weed. And the statement that was made is not an official police statement. It was not made by an officer associated with the case. It was made by the president of the Sergeants Benevolent Association on a weekend daytime talk radio show. In the parlance of our times...it is "fake news." It isn't fake that he said it but the idea that any validity should be attributed to it needs to be shouted down from the mountain top with a loudspeaker.
That's ok

I was merely showing how the notion of her going to the park to buy weed got introduced to the thread. I want to make clear that this was not a case of hearsay amongst the forum.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-18-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
That's ok

I was merely showing how the notion of her going to the park to buy weed got introduced to the thread. I want to make clear that this was not a case of hearsay amongst the forum.
I agree with you 100%. It was much worse. It was hearsay from a union boss with an agenda.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:29 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
this is a active ongoing police investigation, where her murderers, and everyone involved haven't even been rounded up yet. so why would the benevolent association president comment on it?
why would the boys murder one of their customers if she in fact was there to cop bud?

again. nope. and you will see
I don't understand why you are having so much trouble following the probable events. As has been stated repeatedly, these kids were not there to sell drugs. They were there to rob somebody. They did. She fought them, and one of them used a knife on her.

None of us know for sure why she was there, but given the choices presented that she was some naive southern doofus who decided to jog in a dark park or that she might have been buying weed, doesn't the latter sound more likely? She was smart enough to get into Barnard, and she'd been there since August. Why would she go jogging after dark, and in a down coat too yet? She was well-to-do. No doubt if she was a jogger, she had a cute little expensive outfit for that.

I doubt the kid even intended to kill her.

It serves no one to candy-coat a story. Bottom line, she was the victim of a terrible crime.

Old 12-18-2019, 01:51 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't understand why you are having so much trouble following the probable events. As has been stated repeatedly, these kids were not there to sell drugs. They were there to rob somebody. They did. She fought them, and one of them used a knife on her.

None of us know for sure why she was there, but given the choices presented that she was some naive southern doofus who decided to jog in a dark park or that she might have been buying weed, doesn't the latter sound more likely? She was smart enough to get into Barnard, and she'd been there since August. Why would she go jogging after dark, and in a down coat too yet? She was well-to-do. No doubt if she was a jogger, she had a cute little expensive outfit for that.

I doubt the kid even intended to kill her.

It serves no one to candy-coat a story. Bottom line, she was the victim of a terrible crime.
Virginia's cities are more dangerous than NYC, I'm not sure why people would assume she's a clueless country bumpkin

Old 12-18-2019, 02:37 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
probably because an artery in her neck was sliced.
Her heart was punctured when she was stabbed in her underarm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboriginie View Post
it is "fake news."
A friend of hers from Barnard told the police that she went to the park to buy weed.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post

A friend of hers from Barnard told the police that she went to the park to buy weed.
That may be the case but I have seen no credible citation of that. Do you have a source other than Ed Mullins?

Old 12-18-2019, 03:03 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Good god, I hadn't heard that. Geez.

Quote:

Old 12-18-2019, 04:24 PM

874 posts, read 454,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
His mother was DEAD, his father either absent or possibly DEAD, and quite clearly his aunt did not really care for him (probably only took him in to get money from the government and didn't really want him around). The problem is not weed or drug use.Oh, and broken families have been normalized in slums and in the housing projects for decades. So has carrying weapons. It's a pretty violent and screwed up society. Kids like him do indeed kill people all the time, this just shocked people because the murder victim was a young promising white woman at Barnard. It's easy to put the blame on drugs, but much harder to come up with a plan on what to do with unwanted children. That was the problem. And it is relevant that lots of teens are out smoking weed in Spain. They don't kill people. They will get weed money by selling it to each other. Or teens here work. I see kids here younger than 13 working in their parents restaurants, and I've seen teenagers here work on farms. So they have money for their weed. American teens used to work, but not the case anymore, and certainly not in the hood.

- His mother was DEAD
- his father either absent or possibly DEAD,
- clearly his aunt did not really care for him

The problem is not:

- weed or drug use.
- broken families
- slums/housing projects

all three of them -- each one portrayed VIOLENT tendencies. Looking to rob people, carrying a knife.........then they found someone to rob, and COULDN'T WAIT TO STAB their "victim" - their #@$! minds are a garbled twisted mess. violence on their minds. there's something wrong with their brains. something isn't clicking properly with all of them-IMO. they say he wasn't the one who plunged the knife into Tessa -- it was the other 14 year-old who conveniently jumped out of a moving car on the way to the station to "turn himself in." what a nut he is. ...and he's no where to be found for days now... where's this 14 yr old kid ? riding the trains? in another state? is his family hiding him in his grandma's living room?

only for SHOW - they're keeping this 13 yr old locked-up ---> "until the end of the year." [they said].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City