Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 09:51 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,240,189 times

Advertisements

The stench is so bad I gag half a block away. My neighbors smoke indoors too. It stinks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2020, 11:09 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,482,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
Is the smell bothersome to many? Always wondered. To me it smells better than cigarettes

smells nasty

they're just killing their short term memory and possibly getting cancer

Old 02-17-2020, 02:19 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Welcome back to the 1970's.

Old 02-17-2020, 02:32 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: Get used to it.
Opinion:
How would some of you young adults feel if an old fart like myself sat next to you on a subway or bus wreaking
of old man urine and feces. I don't think it would pan out as a minor convenience. I work to keep my old
body smelling nice so you young adults should do the same at keeping yourselves clean shaven and smelling fresh
instead of walking around unshaven, unkempt, in dirty clothes and smelling of mold and skunk weed.
I doubt many people today know what skunk weed is as it was primarily used in the 70's/80's. For those who aren't old enough to know, skunk weed was Mexican weed sprayed with just enough paraquat to give off a odor that made cigarette smoke smell like perfume.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:24 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:
Is the smell bothersome to many? Always wondered. To me it smells better than cigarettes
I will deal with the weed over these putrid 99 cent Nebraskan cigs the loser downstairs smokes that waftes up into my apartment to the point of where I have to put carbon filters on my window screen to reduce the noxious odor

Old 02-17-2020, 06:43 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,361,153 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
The stench is so bad I gag half a block away. My neighbors smoke indoors too. It stinks!
I agree. I hate the stench and I hate that it's now everywhere.

Just as bad as cigarettes. And awful perfume.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:51 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,521,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
I will deal with the weed over these putrid 99 cent Nebraskan cigs the loser downstairs smokes that waftes up into my apartment to the point of where I have to put carbon filters on my window screen to reduce the noxious odor
Those super cheap cigs are super nasty , I agree

Old 02-17-2020, 08:56 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,022,811 times
It annoys the daylights out of me. I don’t want that stuff anywhere near my old, asthmatic lungs. It’s so inconsiderate to smoke that in public.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:41 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Cigarettes smell way worse to me

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-17-2020, 10:41 AM

88,610 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Cigarettes smell way worse to me
Same here. I find the smell of pot pleasant, but I don't want to smell it all the time.

I work downtown part-time, and I have definitely noticed an increase in the occurrences of the smell on the streets from when I worked there 20 - 30 years ago. When I was young and working at the WTC and we smoked on our lunch hour, we'd go away from the building and find little side streets and obscure places to smoke so as not to be detected. The residents' garden area at Battery Park City was always a good spot. During the day rarely was anyone in there.

LOL, I remember one day when President Clinton was coming to the WTC. We walked outside to do our usual thing, and there were SWAT teams with heavy firepower on the roofs of all the surrounding buildings. Not that they were going to pick off a couple of office workers smoking weed, but we walked further away that day, just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: