Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 06:53 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,888,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
The soldiers, as soon as the government can no longer provide for them. If it ever comes to that...
We have infinite money. We are the new Argentina.

Old 03-24-2020, 06:55 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tioga View Post
I pretty much post on the general NY state section. However, I am sure the following will apply to our current health crisis. Our area( southern tier..Chenango, Broome, Tioga, Chemung, Steuben, and Cortland counties) does not have a lot of the weekend/vacation retreats that are owned by downstaters/L.I./Philly/ and folks from N.J. The Catskills, Finger Lakes, Adks, and Hudson Valley get the overwhelming majority of these part-timers. Myself and others have noticed a recent influx to places that are owned by the folks mentioned above. Usually its ' a summer or fall thing...but one can't help but notice they are coming here with packed trucks, trailers, suv's. Early spring..used to be..about the low point for these weekend retreats to be occupied..but not this year. I'll assume they are now more of a " bugout" destination. And I am also pretty sure that this relocation will increase by the week till ?
If they own it and pay taxes on it, that’s their right.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-24-2020, 06:58 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
We have infinite money. We are the new Argentina.
Money can’t buy products that don’t exist.

Will it come to that? Most likely not. Can it? Yes.

Like I always say: I can afford the guns and ammo I buy, whether they’re used for fun, hunting or training for unlikely scenarios. So that’s what I will continue to do regardless of the odds of ever needing them to protect my family from whatever threat may arise. And should that threat be the Army which would certainly overwhelm me, I’ll do my best to kill a few of them before they kill us.

Ironically, I am wearing my ACU pants today. Lol

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 03-24-2020, 06:59 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
One question that I can't seem to find an answer for is this: Is it possible to get the coronavirus and never get sick from it, meaning you never show symptoms? This is a lot of information in support of the idea of a long incubation period and that it is being spread by asymptomatic people who have no idea they have it, but is it true that all of these asymptomatic people will eventually get sick, or has it been just passing through a great many of these people?

That was the original story, that 80% will have mild symptoms or be asymptomatic. Whether that was "feel-good" news, mostly spawned by Pollyannas like DJT, or actual fact remains to be seen. I would like to believe that symptoms will probably be mild, but I am afraid that is not likely.

<I do not trust my government to tell me the truth. I have been lied to far too often.>

Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,600,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Money can’t buy products that don’t exist.

Will it come to that? Most likely not. Can it? Yes.

Like I always say: I can afford the guns and ammo I buy, whether they’re used for fun, hunting or training for unlikely scenarios. So that’s what I will continue to do regardless of the odds of ever needing them to protect my family from whatever threat may arise. And should that threat be the Army which would certainly overwhelm me, I’ll do my best to kill a few of them before they kill us.

Ironically, I am wearing my ACU pants today. Lol
But you can't shoot a virus, and if you get to sick to fight it was all in vain.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:03 AM

961 posts, read 2,504,692 times
Hmm..believe we have talked before. I was Not in any way trying to draw a negative in my post. It was just an observation on what had been noticed locally. I might add that one of my neighbors ..a former NYC 'er.. is a now a good and close friend of mine. Another is also a former vet, and a 3rd from "down that way" is a serious gun guy...all good men in my book..

Old 03-24-2020, 07:14 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Agreed. And a few "business journals" have discussed how many Chinese workers, who live in other parts of the world, returned home for the New Years festivities, got infected, didn't know it (or DID they ), then went back to the countries where they work. They then infected the people in the areas where they work. This is supposedly why the infection rate is so high in Italy.

What I don't understand, however, is why there are so many cases in the middle east. I don't see that as an area where great numbers of people would be going in and out of there, on a regular basis, unless I underestimate how many people go to that area on "religious pilgrimages".

Depends on where you live.........
Places like iran , UAE and Qatar use Chinese laborers for construction projects.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:19 AM

357 posts, read 727,811 times
New York City is just way too overcrowded.
I can see the exodus really accelerating when this is all over.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:23 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,501,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackconverse View Post
I agree, this is accelerating my plans to get out of here. I’m aiming for September or October. I knew when this virus hit here, it would get so bad. I was saying it back in January.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:23 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,089,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackconverse View Post
I feel this would be an issue/topic with major cities going forward. It is way too easy for a virus to spread like wild fire in one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City