Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 10:55 AM

874 posts, read 454,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post

"Why is this surprising??

You have a government who refused to prepare and prevent...
[ On top of all these incompetences].

. . .you have a prevalent mindset insisting that it is only natural to lose those weak and
vulnerable citizens to this virus as long as the strong and healthy can recover swiftly
from the infection. Biden called Trump “xenophobic” when he banned travels between
the US and China..."

i can't put it into words....

Quote:

"You have a government who refused to prepare and prevent. . ."

()

GUILTY

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bip...virus-response

Old 03-24-2020, 10:59 AM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times
A seven day lockdown will do nothing.

In point of fact no lockdown will do anything. Until we develop herd immunity, it will continue to burn through, and the rate won't slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
They might need 7 day lockdown in New York State blocking highways, stop the trains only goods can be transported, no fights for 7 days to slow down the spread.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:01 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Understand what momentum is?

Even if he acts now, effectively so to say, the death toll will surpass 1k by next week.

Whatever he does will only be affect the situation in 15 days or later...

NyC is like on a titanic en route towards a gigantic iceberg at full speed...it is too late to stop the collision, and the only option left is trying to steer it away to minimize a head on collision as much as possible...
That's the reality of the situation, we've been silently building up momentum for weeks and now that people finally understand how serious the threat it's impossible to stop it for at least 2 weeks because of the incubation period. But we'll find out how effective that malaria drug is with the Zpack because Cuomo ordered tens of thousands of doses

Old 03-24-2020, 11:05 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
New York will still be grappling with this long after other areas of the country are back to work. What's the mortality rate for those under 70 ? 1%?

Old 03-24-2020, 11:10 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,047,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
No. The subways are empty. The supermarkets are full (of people at least.)
The subways are not empty. Not even close.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:10 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
New York will still be grappling with this long after other areas of the country are back to work. What's the mortality rate for those under 70 ? 1%?
I think NYC will have 100k infected and the whole entire state will have 170k infected. I believe that NYS and NYC will have more deaths than certain nations due to the poor health complications of people that reeside in NYS and NYC. Also NYS and NYC is full of old people. I wonder if the Coronavirus will make old people to retire outside of NYC?

Old 03-24-2020, 11:13 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,717,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I think NYC will have 100k infected and the whole entire state will have 170k infected. I believe that NYS and NYC will have more deaths than certain nations due to the poor health complications of people that reeside in NYS and NYC. Also NYS and NYC is full of old people. I wonder if the Coronavirus will make old people to retire outside of NYC?
Yeah right, easily 5-10 million in New York State will be infected. Everyone on the planet will eventually be exposed, we need that Vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Counterintuitively, I think it will be the opposite. NYC and the tristate area have clamped down hard whereas many midwestern and southern states are pretending like there's nothing wrong. The build up may be pretty severe there so that long after NYC peaks we're going to have to worry about someone from Nebraska coming here to reinfect everyone

Old 03-24-2020, 11:13 AM

37,148 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
A seven day lockdown will do nothing.

In point of fact no lockdown will do anything. Until we develop herd immunity, it will continue to burn through, and the rate won't slow.
This seems like the opposite of what actual public health professionals are saying, and thus far, the two places that have had the earliest large scale lockdowns seem to be turning the tide.

Yea, you will develop herd immunity as it transmits as most people eventually get it, but you need time to ramp up your healthcare resources to deal with it and distribute the cases along a broader time scale. If you're lucky enough, then that time might also buy tested effective medication and the mass manufacture of such.

Old 03-24-2020, 11:14 AM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times
All of this is entirely false.

When it's said and done, infections in NYC will be in the seven figures, probably multiple. Deaths in the multiple five figures.

NYC is ahead of the curve, but the rest of the country will catch up. Wait until Florida, with it's hordes of retirees get going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post

Old 03-24-2020, 11:19 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,934,018 times
In New York state, the "rate of new infections is doubling about every three days," New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo warned Tuesday. "That rate of increase, that apex, they project at this time could be approximately 14 to 21 days away."

Cuomo described the virus moving at first as a "freight train," but now speeding like a "bullet train."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City