Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 06:14 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I wouldn't get too excited about this. They can make these proclamations all they want but until you get the check out of the mailbox or in direct deposit, it's just feel good talk. The $1,000 checks weren't approved yesterday due to politics. Today I heard the decision would happen any minute, that it was on the 1 yard line. As of 8:59 EST, a deal still has not been announced according to CNN, so what yard line is it on now? Schumer can say what he wants but it means nothing until they show us the money.
If they don't do this the entire economy will collapse.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:19 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
There is a talk on a 90 day rent freeze. Would this include pending MCIs filed recently by building owners?
https://qns.com/story/2020/03/23/que...y-coronavirus/
So far it is all just that talk; and no, don't believe it would freeze MCI increases just rent owed.

Personally don't see how any such freeze can happen unless landlords/property owners are given relief from taxes and other costs as well.

Mortgages are different because first they are backed by a lien on real property. Two payments are only on hold; at end of period people are going to have to write one big check to cover all missed payments or else.

Despite what NYS/NYS tells them renters don't own anything. Rent is nothing more then payments to fulfill contractual obligation coming from using someone else's property. Cannot see now any law can override contractual obligation which includes leases, unless thing was invalid from start

State can maybe ask LL's to forego April, May and maybe June on time rent payments; but again where are these tenants going to get two, three or more months of cash money in July to bring themselves current?

Again if state or city wants to give landlord's relief, that would be another matter.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/helpin...harm-everyone/

Old 03-25-2020, 06:22 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
On another note there is going to be mother of all battles when RGB meets in a few weeks to start considering rent increases for next year.

Tenants and their advocates are certainly going to push for another rent freeze or even roll backs. Landlords OTOH have seen their costs go up again last year and have suffered from six years of either nil or well below their costs rent increases.

If BdB hadn't given two years of zero increases, then another few of between 1% and 2% things could be different. But there isn't much wiggle room remaining, so something has to give.

Old 03-25-2020, 06:56 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times
Default Donations of medical supplies

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
You are unbelievably ridiculous. While you are confined into your little selfish world and making fun of kindness, the Asian communities in NYC metro areas and throughout the US are connecting through their social apps to organize money donations and reach out to overseas manufacturers to purchase PPEs and other medical supplies for major US medical centers. Many private practices in NYC metro area are pooling their unused gowns, face pieces, gloves, and masks to their peer healthcare workers in local hospitals with limited or no access to these essential supplies.
I've never stated that I had a problem with supplies coming from manufacturers of medical supplies. My post stated clearly that I'm against people (civilians, non-healthcare organizations) donating medical supplies to the healthcare community.

I stated that medical supplies should come from manufacturers who are vetted to produce them because they have to follow regulations and specs. What you've described is civilians donating money to purchase medical supplies from manufacturers and will be donated to the medical community. That's whom I said supplies should be coming from. As far as private practices donating medical supplies to others within their community, that would be an intra-medical/healthcare community transfer of supplies. Not a problem because they're vetted.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:14 AM

5,685 posts, read 2,614,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I've never stated that I had a problem with supplies coming from manufacturers of medical supplies. My post stated clearly that I'm against people (civilians, non-healthcare organizations) donating medical supplies to the healthcare community.
I got what you are saying.....You were worried about a civilian say donating masks from her house. And lets say the box was opened and she had 8 cats and cat hair was everywhere. It would be unsanitary.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:55 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,946,605 times
March 24 numbers which is yesterday waiting on Wednesday numbers

Old 03-25-2020, 08:07 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Queens cases are hi. I heard Elmhurst hopsital is at the breaking point.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:13 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
White House, Senate reach historic $2 trillion stimulus deal amid growing coronavirus fears

Old 03-25-2020, 08:15 AM

5,125 posts, read 4,974,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post

Based on unpublished first hand ballpark numbers from hospital staff, Jewish communities are hardest hit, possibly related to their congregative lifestyle. East Asian covid cases accounted for ~1% of the total, which might be related to that they were better informed and alarmed by what happened in China/Korea and practiced caution on their own way ahead of the curve.

I am puzzled and wonder how an expert like Ian Lipkin fell ill to covid given that he constantly run to the front line of various dangerous outbreaks and should have developed routines in self protection...he probably thought this was just another flu and let his guard down?

Old 03-25-2020, 08:24 AM

4,757 posts, read 3,367,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
White House, Senate reach historic $2 trillion stimulus deal amid growing coronavirus fears

What they passed is a piece of sh**. I knew we had politicians looking out for big banks/corporations, but I was surprised they'd have the gall not to include better provisions for the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.