Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you comply with a city issued shelter in place order?
Yes 132 74.16%
No 46 25.84%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 09:41 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
What I want to know is who are the SELFISH 32 people who voted "no" to this poll? Shame on you. Blood will be on your hands, but you're too important to stay home when given an order to? F outta hea with that ****.
That’s from earlier when a few posters were calling for people to ignore stay at home orders, because this to them was little more than a flu. There was even a poster calling for people to congregate in Times Square to protest.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:45 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,401,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
Italy's death rate is 10.839%, the US death rate is 1.722%, the NYC death rate is 2.312%. Italy has a death rate 6.3x the US rate and 4.6x the NYC death rate. I know Italy has a older population and higher population density, but the socialized Italian medical system has failed them.

WHO - https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...beeeee1b9125cd

Once the virus passes I expect the Italian economy to slowly recover.

Once the virus passes, I actually expect all economies to recover rapidly, and overshoot in the positive direction. Shopping malls in Wuhan have reopened today. Dow, so far today, is a up from the end of last week (when it was already a lot up from earlier in the week), just on the news that the number of new cases is very very slightly down worldwide.

Old 03-30-2020, 09:50 AM

961 posts, read 2,504,988 times
Even though I am from/live in upstate..I made
nuumerous friends in the service from the downstate area. So I occasionally look or post on this, the L.I. and NJ forums. That said...a little while ago, I had the news on.
They were showing the hospital ship headed up to it's
pier. Oddly..there were quite a number of people out, watching from the railing by the water's edge..Others were out with their children, others out jogging.Didn't see any protective gear on. Had I never been aware of all what's going on...would have assumed? this is what a normal day looks line down there.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:03 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,576,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Manooky View Post
I was hoping to stay in NYC but realized I couldn't. My roommate turns out to be a massive jerk. I'm quite sure he will be shocked to find I have left tomorrow. He thought I had no choice but submit to his bs. I never told him I have parents in Long Island. My Mom is coming to pick me up and drive me home. He is going to be screwed!!! lol! I have no sympathy. I tried to work it out with him. He underestimated me. I guess he won't get evicted for 90 days but he will owe the rent. I guess by leaving tomorrow the 30th I actually got one less use of the place I paid for since I won't be there for the 31st! Bye sucker!!!! Don't assume everyone is desperate and has no family!!!
How was your roommate a massive jerk. Genuinely curious to know, so that others can avoid this issue.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:29 AM

34,103 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Now, that the govt sees that it was stupid to depend on another country to make all/most of your basic necessities while you produce nothing for yourself - simply a consumer, many manufacturing jobs will be coming BACK to the USA. I believe a lot will change for the better after COVID-19. History shows that people who triumph over adversity are always better for having done so.
The problem is figuring out how to produce for yourself without causing pollution. More use of industrial hemp will solve this problem.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-30-2020, 10:49 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,139,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
How was your roommate a massive jerk. Genuinely curious to know, so that others can avoid this issue.
Why do you care? Do you have roommates in your safe space on the west coast?

Old 03-30-2020, 10:53 AM

15,867 posts, read 14,491,391 times
The problem is figuring out how to produce it for ourselves without having to pay through the nose for it. It's all about the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The problem is figuring out how to produce for yourself without causing pollution.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:21 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,441,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The problem is figuring out how to produce it for ourselves without having to pay through the nose for it. It's all about the money.
The savings per item for the consumer isn't necessarily all that massive for a lot of items.

The best thing the US could have done with trade deals was to tack on environmental and labor protections on them--even setting up the system to make passable lies would add to the costs for a lot of the worst offenders. It would make US products more price-competitive and at the same time, the US comes out looking like it cares about the general welfare of peoples.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:34 AM

591 posts, read 252,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Bad muscle aches and all of a sudden couldn’t breath well ..in fact on the way to the hospital she was texting the kids because she couldn’t talk on the phone and breath.

She said it was like nothing she ever had in flu

She works at one of the queens hospitals so we are not surprised she got it
So my case of the sniffles shouldn't bother me?

Old 03-30-2020, 11:45 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,772,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
my ex wife has it ...she was released for treatment at home yesterday .... my daughter inlaws mom has it and is hospitalized ... her dad died last night ....this is awful ....her parents lived in flushing
Oh, man. This is horrible. May he RIP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City