Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2020, 08:26 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,244,628 times

Advertisements

Face masks are to be found in shoprite and target.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:19 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,558,148 times
Default City Lore Corona Blues Video

Can we share Utube videos? I thought this one was pretty cool and nice blues sound track .

https://youtu.be/0cqzPrNP5j4

Old 05-10-2020, 11:17 AM

5,719 posts, read 2,632,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Lockdown is over for us, at least in as much as the things that we can choose to do on our own.

We’re celebrating Mother’s Day today with a drive to NJ, then 3 different stops to see family. I’d go to a bar or restaurant too if I could find one open. It’s time for us to go about our daily lives. Anyone still afraid at this point can stay inside, that’s your choice to make.
I agree. If your worried or scared then stay at home. I want and need to get back to living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
Face masks are to be found in shoprite and target.
Reusable or disposable?

Old 05-10-2020, 11:19 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,558,148 times
I'm heading to the beach. Hoping I can park somewhere and walk.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:22 AM

5,719 posts, read 2,632,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I'm heading to the beach. Hoping I can park somewhere and walk.
I'm jealous! Enjoy!!!

Old 05-10-2020, 12:04 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,244,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I agree. If your worried or scared then stay at home. I want and need to get back to living!

Reusable or disposable?
Disposable

Old 05-12-2020, 04:37 PM

494 posts, read 559,175 times
Does anyone think the new stimulus package will pass on Friday? Another $1200 and extending the $600 until January. A lot of people will be getting paid more to not work. Why would anyone want to go back to a job they hate that pays less than unemployment? How will this effect the employer/employees relationship when there will be so much animosity about returning to work? This gives people the opportunity to get certifications save for school or find a job they really love. It gives them time with little pressure to take their steps to improve their lives. It will also possibly force employers to actually give a living wage since businesses are getting gov help to pay for employees salaries.

Old 05-12-2020, 05:54 PM

31,959 posts, read 27,083,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyrical View Post
Does anyone think the new stimulus package will pass on Friday? Another $1200 and extending the $600 until January. A lot of people will be getting paid more to not work. Why would anyone want to go back to a job they hate that pays less than unemployment? How will this effect the employer/employees relationship when there will be so much animosity about returning to work? This gives people the opportunity to get certifications save for school or find a job they really love. It gives them time with little pressure to take their steps to improve their lives. It will also possibly force employers to actually give a living wage since businesses are getting gov help to pay for employees salaries.
House may pass something, but senate is another matter.

GOP in general is in no mood for another generous stimulus package, and neither is DT for that matter. So things will have to be worked out with whatever comes from House.

Republicans in general (including DT) are in a tight spot. Having spent seven years of Obama's presidency, and the three years of Trump's lambasting 2008 stimulus package, and trying to undo most of it they now find themselves in exact same spot. As such many GOP members have woken up and got religion in fears of being called exactly what they are; hypocrites.

In general don't see any broad consensus for another round of giving every single living breathing adult (with a SSN and is a citizen or legal resident) in USA another $1200 of free money. That is just not going to happen. Plenty of those who don't work and or haven't been remotely affected got their taste first time around, and will have to be happy with their end.

Old 05-12-2020, 06:57 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,748,633 times
Because the economy was on such a tear, most people have not hit the panic button yet. If rent and mortgage payments can be skipped for now people have gotten more than just a stimulus check. That equates to atleast $1500-3000/month in savings per month without paying rent/mortgage. But some people will get squeezed such as property owners are gonna lineup and ask for bailouts. Re-opening businesses will not save every business and industry. By end of summer or even before July 4th we should see many big names filing for bankruptcy protection.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:18 PM

31,959 posts, read 27,083,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Because the economy was on such a tear, most people have not hit the panic button yet. If rent and mortgage payments can be skipped for now people have gotten more than just a stimulus check. That equates to atleast $1500-3000/month in savings per month without paying rent/mortgage. But some people will get squeezed such as property owners are gonna lineup and ask for bailouts. Re-opening businesses will not save every business and industry. By end of summer or even before July 4th we should see many big names filing for bankruptcy protection.
Very few have managed to "skip" rent or mortgage payments. They have either not paid (former) or have managed to get forbearance (latter), or perhaps even then just haven't paid.

Either way people still owe that money, and those it is owed to are going to get theirs one way or another.

With mortgage forbearance for instance it merely means kicking the can down the street so to speak. Either sums owned (and accrued interest) will be tacked onto end of load, or rolled into a new balance. Unless people can come up with lump sum to pay off past due (again with accrued interest and any possible fees), they are probably going to end up paying more in long run than had they made payments on time. But if it helps someone stay in their home you have to take the rough with smooth.

Renters OTOH are going to be in a tight spot. Those who cannot or have not paid March, April, and soon June rent are going to get hit with a big stick once housing court opens up again.

Even with a dirt cheap rent of <$1500 month you're still looking at nearly 4G of back rent. Those paying $2G or more are even in deeper.

Problem is neither Sam the Eagle nor Fredo's big brother have legal authority to do what some want; legally cancel rents. So all either have offered so far is postpone, postpone, postpone.

https://therealdeal.com/2020/05/11/m...ngry-reaction/

There is a saying "justice delayed is justice denied". As attorneys both Cuomo and DeBlasio know they cannot keep housing courts closed forever and or continue to delay banks, lien holders, and property owners their rights to due process under the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City