Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 01:57 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,641,893 times

Advertisements

There are so many homeless, EDPs and just weirdos/trouble makers that ride the subway in the overnight hours. I don’t see how the NYPD can sustain the task of removing them every single night. They’ll have to begin before 1am or else it could be a 4 hour task of just ensuring the homeless are removed so that true cleaning can be commenced.

The busses to move essential workers that actually have a purpose to travel overnight is a bad idea. The busses are a further enclosed space and don’t have the option of actually spreading out. This seems to be another Cuomo optics move to make him appear like a leader. Where is the scientific medical proof that this will slow the spread?

I bet the post will expose all of the ridiculousness to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 02:11 PM

874 posts, read 454,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwesterns45 View Post

"There are so many homeless, EDPs and just weirdos/trouble makers that ride the subway in
the overnight hours. I don’t see how the NYPD can sustain the task of removing them every
single night. They’ll have to begin before 1am or else it could be a 4 hour task of just ensuring
the homeless are removed so that true cleaning can be commenced.

The busses to move essential workers that actually have a purpose to travel overnight is a bad
idea. The busses are a further enclosed space and don’t have the option of actually spreading out.
This seems to be another Cuomo optics move to make him appear like a leader. Where is the
scientific medical proof that this will slow the spread?

I bet the post will expose all of the ridiculousness to this."

"How can all the homeless be removed between 1-5am?"

block all the entrances.....? all....5,000 of them ? (or how ever many there are)....

Old 04-30-2020, 02:32 PM

606 posts, read 419,615 times
The solution starts with actual enforcement, which likely won't happen. A lot of homeless have fewer places to hang out now. The shelters may be getting crowded and/or seen as less desirable. I'm not sure if there are enough cops around to enforce that rule. Even if they could, I feel parks and other places might become the next place the homeless would congregate.

Old 04-30-2020, 06:25 PM

12 posts, read 6,211 times
I’ve noticed some tents going up in Manhattan. People living in street tent communities.

What is happening in the subway must be off the hook filthy?

I suggest shutting MTA down fully and providing free voucher passes for medical people to ride cabs for free. Really the only people working in Manhattan are essential workers, and illegal aliens.

A lot of small businesses (delis, pizza shops) should be straight up shut down soon (ones that harbor illegal aliens).

Old 04-30-2020, 08:42 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskie View Post
I’ve noticed some tents going up in Manhattan. People living in street tent communities.

I suggest shutting MTA down fully and providing free voucher passes for medical people to ride cabs for free. Really the only people working in Manhattan are essential workers, and illegal aliens.

A lot of small businesses (delis, pizza shops) should be straight up shut down soon (ones that harbor illegal aliens).
Where are tents in Manhattan?

Old 04-30-2020, 08:47 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,469,033 times
Start spraying at the rear car and move forward with the powerful sprayers and disinfectants. I'm sure they will get out of the way.

If not, it's going to get ugly especially if there are SJW's recording on their phones and yelling "They didn do nuthin!'"

Old 04-30-2020, 08:55 PM

5,683 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskie View Post

Columbus circle used to be a mini tent city before the time warner building went up.

Old 05-01-2020, 01:30 AM

606 posts, read 419,615 times
Things must be bad if tent cities are popping up here. I don't recall ever seeing any while I was there. I guess it also speaks to the emptiness of the city.

Old 05-01-2020, 05:05 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Like it or hate it,the following is only my opinion:

New York is over populated..........................politicians know it......................they will not curb it........................money is more important.

The pyramid scheme called New York City bottomed out 30 years ago but the city kept welcoming everyone into the Ponzi Scheme.
We are witnessing the mass of investors that were ripped off now encroaching our daily commutes with no where to go.....................

Hey Lady Liberty...............is this what you meant by huddled masses?

Old 05-01-2020, 05:25 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
IIRC they used to do this back in 1980's or maybe early 1990's. Some or many lines were taken out of service with bus and or van service used as replacement.

Think it may have had something to do with major capital improvement projects.

It actually (again IIRC) is expensive for MTA to shut down subway system for any length of time. They have to move trains to safe locations, then get them back to where needed when system opens.

There are already plenty of trains mothballed. If you take the N or R going towards Brooklyn as you pass Canal and approach City Hall there are "N" and "R" trains stored on center tracks and the ones on lower level (now closed off) of City Hall station. While waiting for "R" train one day last week was trying to remember what trains used to stop at that closed off lower level station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City