Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 11:48 AM

51 posts, read 44,092 times

Advertisements

Can anyone explain how taking from the police budget and throwing money at the black community is going to solve anything? Democrats have been doing just that for decades and yet here we are. It's nothing more than virtue signaling pr for black votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2020, 12:03 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
You are 100% correct.

No one likes to hear facts about Police vs. Black Criminals and how under 10 people last year were shot by police and only 2 were unlawful and those cops were convicted. And this is for the WHOLE OF THE USA. 328 MILLION PEOPLE. And Police shootings have continued going DOWN over the last 3 years.

If you never looked up facts you would feel that cops are actively killing black people for no reason everyday. That's what they want you to believe. The media is in on it as well.

It hurts my brain that this whole thing is based on manipulated statistics.

P.S. The cops in Minneapolis were right to be arrested and now tried. Training has failed them unfortunately and perhaps the one cop on his neck who knew the victim had a personal beef. I'm talking the bigger picture here.

PPS: George had a long record with jail time including holding a gun to a pregnant woman's belly while him and his boys robbed her place, not saying he deserved to die, but he definitely was a piece of scum.

Now where is that poster who will most definitely call me a RACIST for facts. For things that can be verified.

Last edited by Werdywerd; 06-07-2020 at 12:23 PM..

Old 06-07-2020, 12:17 PM

5,071 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
You are 100% correct.

No one likes to hear facts about Police vs. Black Criminals and how under 10 people last year were shot by police and only 2 were unlawful and those cops were convicted. And this is for the WHOLE OF THE USA. 328 MILLION PEOPLE. And Police shootings have continued going DOWN over the last 3 years.

If you never looked up facts you would feel that cops are actively killing black people for no reason everyday. That's what they want you to believe. The media is in on it as well.

It hurts my brain that this whole thing is based on manipulated statistics.

P.S. The cops in Minneapolis were right to be arrested and now tried. Training has failed them unfortunately and perhaps the one cop on his neck who knew the victim had a personal beef. I'm talking the bigger picture here.

PPS: George had a long record with jail time including holding a gun to a pregnant woman's belly while him and his boys robber her place, not saying he deserved to die, but he definitely was a piece of scum.

Now where is that poster who will most definitely call me a RACIST for facts. For things that can be verified.
So Floyd was far from innocent what a shock and they are making him a hero. Seen this before with someone named Laquan McDonald

Old 06-07-2020, 12:19 PM

51 posts, read 44,092 times
Debozos wife is going to be in charge again so everyone loses out here except her pocket. The money will disappear, we'll end up with less policing, more crime and zero social programs. Typical liberal gameplan of throwing money at the fire to put it out, sponsored by you and me of course. I'm really hoping they get what they preach and police gets defended throughout the country. New yorkers and Americans in general need to start arming themselves. There's an old saying of "when seconds count the police is only minutes away" the new version of that will be "when seconds count the police is nowhere to be found"

The media, politicians, celebrities and elite have successfully turned us on one another through the use of fear. They are waging class warfare, faning the flames of racial war and the majority of people are too stupid to see what's going on. Ex: Walmart is essential but mom and pop isn't? Religious prayer doesn't abide to social distancing but looting does? Get your guns people! Do it yesterday!

Old 06-07-2020, 12:28 PM

6,689 posts, read 6,035,107 times
And now AOC wants for 1 billion to be slashed from the NYPDs budget:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yds-death.html

Old 06-07-2020, 12:46 PM

1,860 posts, read 1,247,757 times
Anyone who has ever had to call the police in the city KNOWS that there already isnt enough policing going on. And they want to cut the budget by 15-20%? Don't count on them ever being there.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:17 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,577,158 times
Dispatch: “911, what is your emergency?”
Caller: “There is someone got beat up very badly”
Dispatch: “Please wait, an officer will be there in approximately 2 hours”

Old 06-07-2020, 01:31 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
AOC supports defunding NYPD. I bet she doesn't support defunding congressional police.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:58 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
So Floyd was far from innocent what a shock and they are making him a hero. Seen this before with someone named Laquan McDonald
I don't care if he was the scum of the earth. He was murdered plain and simple.
The cop belongs in jail.

With that said BLM is a misguided ignorant joke at best.

Old 06-07-2020, 02:05 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Does it mean crime will increase in NYC ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City