Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 10:33 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Hate to admit it, but its solid advice IMO.

I fear for life in many liberal cities all summer actually.
Vote blue no matter who!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 10:39 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,502 times
srs question. who cleans up the mess?

Old 06-28-2020, 10:43 PM

644 posts, read 307,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
It was a block party that had started in the afternoon. There were some gun shots reported (shooting in air? was it fireworks? )
I'm reading that there were shell casings found there. So actual shots, not fireworks. How is that not a reason to feel afraid? I don't know anyone who says to themselves "soo, I'm going to a party, maybe I'll get shot at but that's cool with me!" or better yet "soo, I'm walking past a party, maybe I'll get some stray bullets but I'm bulletproof so whatevs"

Old 06-28-2020, 11:44 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,752,106 times
Lol. It was a bunch of dorks having a party. Tonight is dead. The cops already picked up three of the bottle tossers caught on cam. The gun shots were from tough guys shooting in the air. Just like the white boys do in Texas every day.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:24 AM

3,735 posts, read 3,471,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Just like the white boys do in Texas every day.
Link?
I guess white boys also shoot children everyday in their neighborhood too.

Why don't you care about black children getting shot? These are actual children. How racist is it to just dismiss dead black children and adults? This is actual racism IMO. Just saying "whatever" when black people die at the hand of other black people.

Saying "all lives matter" is not racist.

But you know... Nothing makes sense anymore.

I'll just quietly feel sad and angry about death in black neighborhoods while many here would accuse me of being "fake" about it. Ok whatever.

When my people die on a daily basis for nonsense, I will always be sad about it.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:55 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_...ork_City#1990s

Under the Dinkins administration, crime in New York City decreased more dramatically and more rapidly than at any time in previous New York City history.
(David Dinkins January 1, 1990 – December 31, 1993)

Guilliani became Mayor in 1993

https://ebiblio.istat.it/digibib/Ess...ysN19_2009.pdf

THE REMARKABLE DROP
IN CRIME IN NEW YORK CITY

7.1 Introduction
According to NYPD statistics, crime in New York City took a downturn
starting around 1990 that continued for many years, shattering all the city's
old records for consecutive-year declines in crime rates. To verify the declines, this study obtained New York City crime data from sources independent of the NYPD, principally the National Crime Victimisation Survey.
Independent data largely corroborate the NYPD statistics.
Excerpt: crime in New York City decreased

Response:
This is an example of cherry picking.
A graph showing a reduction in the murder rate and then followed by a posting of overall drop in crime.
This does not encompass the entire data. It does not include burglary,assault,rape among many other
types of crimes and quality of life issues. Please gather all your facts and put them in perspective...
otherwise Mayor DeBalsio will go down as the greatest mayor on fighting crime in New York City.....NOT!

Old 06-29-2020, 05:14 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Dude

Giuliani has not been in office in like 20 years

I understand you think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread but he's not coming back

You do know that right
Excerpt: he's not coming back

You do know that right

Response: Absolutely.
You need either a paramilitary enforcer to stop violence immediately or a jobs creator to put
people to work immediately for crime to drop. Feds can start by bringing back jobs from China............

Old 06-29-2020, 06:19 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: he's not coming back

You do know that right

Response: Absolutely.
You need either a paramilitary enforcer to stop violence immediately or a jobs creator to put
people to work immediately for crime to drop. Feds can start by bringing back jobs from China............
Bringing back what types of jobs from China? There is nothing to bring back. USA does not manufacture anything anymore and this is why we are in the position we are in. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a normal purchase on Amazon without the seller being from China?

But, the reason the USA can't bring manufacturing back is because they can't combat pollution effectively. Look at China's pollution problems. You really want crime to drop then you bring manufacturing back to the USA.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-29-2020, 07:15 AM

15 posts, read 10,617 times
The city council is handing the city away!

Old 06-29-2020, 08:33 AM

588 posts, read 947,661 times
This is basically a hostile takeover. The cops shouldn't bother rushing to scenes in these neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City