Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 02:27 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
My logic is that since all schools are still kept intact therefore someone has to pay for the maintenance, until after they have decided to demolish them for good.

Don’t forget that your tax money helps make the products out of the schools who will pay tax into the system to keep you retired/non-working folks fed and taken care of until, well, after you stop eating...... so stop complaining...
Response: Opinion

I like most retirees EARNED our RETIREMENTS. I am not exempt from paying
my portion of property taxes which goes towards education ,which in turn, helps
feed and educate kids while parents are off working so that these children can learn
a set of skills , end up with jobs, pay taxes which in turn comes back to feed and old
man like me. After all....If I don't eat I die. If I die the I can't pay my property taxes. If
I can't pay my property taxes kids will suffer .............so stop your complaining ,send
your kids to school and make sure they end up to being contributing members of society.
P.S. I like my steak well done..............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2020, 02:45 AM

[quote=Back the Blue Burro;58872852]

You are delusional and depraved. Please seek Jesus and turn away from your highly racist and elitist ways.

Your personal attacks have no redeeming value.
Asking to not pay school taxes racist?
Needing to find Jesus?
That's a new one!
Your train of thought has derailed before leaving the station.
Think before you write......
Best wishes.

Old 08-11-2020, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back the Blue Burro View Post
Lol people would De-fund Schools, where teachers have to buy their own stationary and kids have to share books and seats before they De-fund the HIGHLY CRIMINAL NYPD and the TERRORIST MILITARY. If Defunded the military would have a few less bombs to murder people with and the police force would have a few less weapons to gun down and gas peaceful protesters but such prospects are unthinkable to the average boomer. LEL, that's what you call cognitive dissonance.

The state is bankrupt, chiefly because the TRAITOROUS, TREASONOUS AND TREACHEROUS, TRUMP has refused to bail out New York and other Democrat Cities. To not charge property taxes now would exacerbate the issue. Yes we Democrats had our financial problems before the crisis but to deny us funding now is FINANCIAL TERRORISM by the Trump Regime!!!

The payments can't be that high. If that's what you're complaining about then it seems you are closer to being one of the homeless vagrants on the UWS you "property owners" despise so, perhaps you should reevaluate your priorities lest you fall out of your feathered bed and need to rent one?

How about no. How about we defund the Military and police by 20% and invest in Rent to own housing, Civic clean up and education so your property taxes don't have to carry this huge tax burden. You came in here and complained about NYC asking for a bail out but if we don't don't it where do you think the balance is going to come from? (Spoiler your property taxes are probably going to go up!)

You are delusional and depraved. Please seek Jesus and turn away from your highly racist and elitist ways.
I am retired from teaching. One of my many careers.
Vagrancy was never one of them.
Teachers purchasing their your owns stationary is nothing. You are clueless.

Defunding Military ,less bombs ,murder people? Defending Sovereignty. Stay on topic please.
Traitorous Trump? President never committed treason. Again ....off topic..

Homeless Vagrant? Verbal attacks as your mode of discourse? Not a good idea !

Complained about NYC asking for a bailout? No....I did not ask for a bailout.
I suggest you read...deep breath.....count to 10 ..exhale........and then comprehend.

Delusional and depraved .Seek Jesus? Turn away from your racist and elitist ways?
All this from a question on schooling? ...........Can't stop shaking my head.....

Take my advice...
You are not going to last long on this forum if you continue to misbehave.
I suggest you comply with the the rules on this Forum as most of us do.
Best wishes.

Last edited by Mr.Retired; 08-11-2020 at 04:08 AM..

Old 08-11-2020, 07:24 AM

1,467 posts, read 761,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
You know they are still teaching right, and essentially having to adapt their face to face curriculum for online learning.
Everyone has had to adapt to this. That’s human nature. Adapt. Especially when you paid a very high salary.

Teaching ? Eh. I witnessed it first hand. Some teachers are great and answer quickly. Others are sitting doing the absolute bare minimum and getting full salary.

If there is no federal bail out for schools let’s see the teachers take a pay cut to help their local districts. This isn’t an attack on teachers. Why don’t the teachers go to their respective class rooms for the entire day and teach from there? If you can go to Costco and the bar you can go to school and teach from there.

The unions are so strong I wonder if I’m paying for the teachers internet to teach the kids from their home.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,906,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Simple and straight forward question.
Property owners understand that the biggest hit to their
pockets is not the land your home sits on but the school
the neighborhood kids attend.

If New York City does not open its' schools then why should
property owners be subjected to paying the full amount on school taxes.

There is a minimum one pays for gas,electric and water whether you use it or not.
I believe under these circumstances the same should apply to the City school wide
system. If there is a 20% no show by choice then drop the school tax by 20% as well.

What is your opinion?
Curious minds would like to know....
If athletes are on scholarship and not playing football, should their scholarships be revoked? Pro athletes who don't play should definitely not be paid!

Old 08-11-2020, 08:07 AM

2,448 posts, read 1,222,529 times
Time for everyone to go back to work, as said above grocery store workers, police, fire dpt, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex all working through the pandemic, all essential.

I guess teachers not so much. Give the money to the parents let them pool resources hire tutors, supplies, pod classes.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:12 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,549,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You don't think there's work involved in transitioning an entire curriculum from the centuries norm of face to face classroom teaching to trying to do online coursework in the course of several months? The hell is wrong with you?
Thank you!!!

Old 08-11-2020, 08:29 AM

99 posts, read 54,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Time for everyone to go back to work, as said above grocery store workers, police, fire dpt, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex all working through the pandemic, all essential.

I guess teachers not so much. Give the money to the parents let them pool resources hire tutors, supplies, pod classes.
Its funny because I have teacher friends who post on social media about how going back to in-person instruction is bad and we are going to kill people. Then I see them posting stories of them at restaurants, bars, out on the beach, etc. I guess they aren't worried about dying from getting COVID in a bar but in a classroom it is leathal!

It just shows how their protesting is to continue working from home. Teaching online is easier and less stressful (I would know since I have taught both in-person and online at the college level).

The teachers and the teachers union should be ashamed of themselves for perpetuating this lie that in person instruction is not safe.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:12 AM

8,697 posts, read 11,087,873 times
If there is cancel rent movement and defund police movement, why not cancel tax movement?

Defund teachers!

Old 08-11-2020, 09:15 AM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
Mr. R:: for more entertaining responses, please post on the Education board. That should be fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: