Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 08:26 PM
mym

706 posts, read 1,171,264 times

Advertisements

i met a bunch of californians in omaha. they had to move there cause yahoo opened an office there. wasnt like they were hoping to build some sort of hippietopia in omaha. in fact they looked quite miserable. so im not sure if everyone leaving a state has some nefarious plan other than keeping a paycheck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 08:43 PM

319 posts, read 279,129 times
As an ex-New Yorker turned Virginian i say we make a deal. You guys can have Northern Virginia up to Canada, leave us Central Virginia down to Miami. You guys can come as far down as Fairfax and we can go as far up as the Mason-Dixon line that runs the section of Pennsylvania.

We get the Yankees and New York Rangers and you can keep the Met's and Islanders and the Giants and Buffalo Bills, we get the Jets, New York has ruined my team and they need a new place to grow.

Also you guys can have Cuomo and Deblasio and we'll throw in Northam as a bonus, we just want 1 New York Republican or Independent.

So are you guys in?

Old 09-03-2020, 11:59 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
These tiny towns hardly have any political influence except in an extremely close election. Pine Valley (population 12) is a private golf club. One of the highest ranked in the world.
Look at the link here:

https://www.nj.com/politics/2018/06/...ats_or_re.html

How Jersey breaks red and blue in all 21 counties.
Updated May 14, 2019; Posted Jun 04, 2018

Last edited by jonbenson; 09-04-2020 at 12:27 AM..

Old 09-04-2020, 03:30 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Tell that to Colorado.
Opinion:

Got that right.....................If you are over 30 you are over the hill..............

Old 09-04-2020, 06:28 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Maybe is time for you to move to NYC once NJ becomes the NYC. People move wherever they want, and they can bring their politics to where you live, nothing you can do about it. Asking won’t help because that’s how it is.
Can you see how this doesn't make any sense, though? People work to make their area just how they want it; they get a mayor, a city council, a district attorney, a governor, who are right in agreement with them. So obviously they live out their days in their political utopia, enjoying the fruits of their efforts, right? No, they pick up and move to somewhere else, places where the local politics aren't in accordance with their own. Why? I think the answer may be that they really don't like their own politics. But they'll never admit that to themselves.

Old 09-04-2020, 09:21 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mym View Post
i met a bunch of californians in omaha. they had to move there cause yahoo opened an office there. wasnt like they were hoping to build some sort of hippietopia in omaha. in fact they looked quite miserable. so im not sure if everyone leaving a state has some nefarious plan other than keeping a paycheck
That move happened over 10 years ago, when Democrats were more moderate.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:06 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizm View Post
Seems like a lot people in this tread should move to Mississippi. Such paranoia and fear.
People move because they down size, or want a change, or want to be close to family, or for 100 other reasons. This is just another bash liberals thread. Fake and thinly veiled.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:07 AM

88,589 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Holy crap really? I've been looking at houses in Beachwood for months. I had no idea. I mean I know that Ocean County in general is NJ's most "conservative" county, but that's awesome to hear.

It really goes to show you that people pick these things up without even having to research.
I didn't know, either. Ocean County also has the most towns with heroin/opiate usage. Wonder if that's related.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:17 AM

1,107 posts, read 552,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
People move because they down size, or want a change, or want to be close to family, or for 100 other reasons. This is just another bash liberals thread. Fake and thinly veiled.
Yes. It's pure coincidence that NYC dwellers happen to be leaving in droves at the exact same time that their neighborhoods became overrun with crime, homeless, mentally ill, drug addicts, sex offenders, filth, etc....

Old 09-04-2020, 11:37 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
No one moves to NJ expecting conservative policies or low taxes. It is one of the most left leaning states in almost every regard.
Specifically housing laws, medicaid expansion and CHIP, immigration enforcement, number of homeless shelters and food banks, commitment to feeding programs in the schools, tough gun control, high minimum wage, family leave policies, support of planned parenthood, generous college aid to poor and middle class families including undocumented.
I might add that most of NJ supports and appreciates their police departments and the AG is committed to good law enforcement and community relations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City