Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 07:49 PM

1,034 posts, read 448,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
If you have the crystal ball then by all means tell us our futures
No one has a crystal ball. That's the point. Anyone who claims " COVIDs no big deal. Everything will go back to normal" is also making a prediction.

I have my opinion on what will happen in the next 5-10 years but it's just an opinion/guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 08:26 PM

34,169 posts, read 47,434,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
No one has a crystal ball. That's the point. Anyone who claims " COVIDs no big deal. Everything will go back to normal" is also making a prediction.

I have my opinion on what will happen in the next 5-10 years but it's just an opinion/guess.
It would be nice if people prefaced their posts with, "My opinion is..."

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-22-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
It would be nice if people prefaced their posts with, "My opinion is..."

- sir, may I take your order?
- my opinion is, I'd like....

- what do you think of the food in this restaurant?
- my opinion is....

- look at that ass
- well my opinion is...

-_-

Old 02-23-2021, 08:33 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,760,672 times
Quote:
It's going to be years before Manhattan comes back
I don't think so.

We're about to have a boom of astronomical proportions. There is SO much money sitting on the sidelines and pent up demand that when the pandemic is declared over it's going to be a flood of people spending spending and spending as Manhattan fills up again

Of course if you owned a business when this started you are completely ruined

But your loss is someone else's gain because anyone with money now has their pick of buying bankrupt businesses on the cheap and almost unlimited consumer demand

You've heard of the roaring twenties, history is about to repeat itself

Old 02-23-2021, 09:17 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,496,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I don't think so.

We're about to have a boom of astronomical proportions. There is SO much money sitting on the sidelines and pent up demand that when the pandemic is declared over it's going to be a flood of people spending spending and spending as Manhattan fills up again

But your loss is someone else's gain because anyone with money now has their pick of buying bankrupt businesses on the cheap and almost unlimited consumer demand

I've been trying to tell this to people for a long time, but so many get off on doomsdaying this city.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:21 AM

927 posts, read 419,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post

Wishful thinking at its finest.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:49 AM

2,473 posts, read 1,238,941 times
In my opinion
Bail "reform", and DA's deciding not to press charges, will delay this city's rebirth more than the mishandling of this virus by our elected's.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:11 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,760,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleura123 View Post
Wishful thinking at its finest.
It's not, there is no way around it. There is way too much money in the system and Biden is going to pump another 1.9 Trillion into the economy. The money will flow like you've never seen, and the problem is there will not be enough supply of goods and services so inflation is also going to go through the roof.

We're going to really pay for it 10 years from now and it's going to be extremely painful, but short term the party is about to start

Old 02-23-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
In my opinion
Bail "reform", and DA's deciding not to press charges, will delay this city's rebirth more than the mishandling of this virus by our elected's.
Money papers over a lot of problems. Lack of money exposed them.

Old 02-23-2021, 02:08 PM

927 posts, read 419,747 times
Quote:
I agree with everything you said but the only thing is that NYC doesn't have competition in the US. That's why this city has been run into the ground by ******* politicians and has always bounced back.
Correct, but the US now seems hell bent on destroying itself.

I don't see it ending well. Maybe I'm wrong and things will get back on the right track. We'll see, it will be interesting to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City