Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 11:49 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llol45519 View Post
My issue with legalization is that the government is encouraging losers. Lets be honest here: what percentage of people that smoke marijuana are not losers? 5%? 10%? Most of us grow up.
Most of the people that I know who are regular users are the polar opposite of what most would consider a loser. By that I mean: one is an investment banker, another an ER doctor, another a psychologist, another a partner in a law firm...so many people in the tech industry too! So much so that on a team trip to the company HQ in California (circa 2019) a bunch of people openly discussed going to a dispensary together after they were done with the days meetings LOL.

These people aren’t sitting around like in the movie half baked- which is the image I think some of you must have in mind. They aren’t “pot heads” in the stereotypical sense. They are responsible adults that use weed the same way responsible adults should use alcohol. To that end, for those of you who drink, why do you do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 03:31 AM

5,679 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Stoners come in all forms. You got my neighbor who smokes weed all day and lives off the government. Then you got my friend making 7 figured that smokes to relax or when out having fun. And then everything in between the two.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:59 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
CONGRATULATIONS NYC !

I hope everyone enjoys their weed in good health. Now I am not worried about moving back if I need to.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:26 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
To that end, for those of you who drink, why do you do it?

The devil made me do it.

So, where can I get some seeds?

Old 03-31-2021, 08:43 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
we have a pot smoker partment in my building and the hallways reek of it, it is disgusting to ay the least, but it is thier apartment. I open the hallways windows even during the winter and i dont give a rass azz who is cold. if someone closes them, when I pass them, I open them.
We have a window on each landing, so there are three.

tough, the smell is repulsive.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:15 AM

5,679 posts, read 2,612,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
we have a pot smoker partment in my building and the hallways reek of it, it is disgusting to ay the least, but it is thier apartment. I open the hallways windows even during the winter and i dont give a rass azz who is cold. if someone closes them, when I pass them, I open them.
We have a window on each landing, so there are three.

tough, the smell is repulsive.
Whatever you do, don't ask that neighbor to open their window or light a candle. I tried that. Lets just say their response wasn't kind

Old 03-31-2021, 09:27 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,194 times
People who smoke weed indoors and let it drift into their neighbors' apts are a special type of *******. There are edibles for them to consume or they can just go outside and light up now w/o fear of repercussions.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:54 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
Whatever you do, don't ask that neighbor to open their window or light a candle. I tried that. Lets just say their response wasn't kind

I'm sure there are a lot of tenants that are just not nice, I so believe that.

But, these tenants we are friends with them for years and like them very much.
It is a daughter and a mother, the mother isn't very healthy and has a lot of medically things wrong, so I feel bad for her, I know them for years and years and she when she was healthy was always so nice to us, and the daughter I know since she was 7.... so, we say nothing. I'm sure it is the daughter and her friends

I don't understand why though if they like to smoke, and that's fine, why not put a fan in the window on exhaust to suck the smoke out. I always have a fan in the top half of my bathroom window for when if I have company and they want to smoke a cig, I will allow it in my bathroom so they put the fan on, and it is in my window 24 7 365

I also like the fan on after I take showers to suck the steam out, and it helps pull air in from the other windows in the other rooms. I don't like cig smoke and don't smoke, but living on the 4th floor of a walk up, I would not ask any of my guests to go downstairs to smoke, I just suck it up and plug the fan in, so everyone is happy.

I don't really have many friends or family members that smoke anyway, so this doesn't happen very often at all.

Old 03-31-2021, 11:50 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,600,729 times
It will be legal to be smoked anywhere tobacco can be legally smoked, except for cars.

Old 03-31-2021, 02:40 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,652,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
At the end of the day people are more comfortable with alcohol and cigarettes than they are with weed, even though alcohol and cigarettes are way more deadly. It is what it is. Weed's been around thousands of years and people refuse to even try it, but they'll run out and get a needle in their arm for a vaccine that just got created with unknown side effects, make it make sense somebody!
That will change when dispensaries are allowed to stock candies, mints, dummies, and other methods of ingesting cannabis.

Mainstream people will flood to dispensaries to get effective relief for anxiety, and help with falling and staying asleep - to name two positive effects cannabis has on the endocannabinoid system.

People who have no tolerance will experience body euphoria with small doses (and that effect will not last when tolerance is built). It's a very pleasurable and medically important substance.

A few years ago (maybe ten?) I was at the doctor at Kaiser Permanente and needed something for sleep and anxiety and my doc whipped out her RX pad and prescribed me the most toxic meds - I asked about cannabis instead, and she just stood there dumbfounded - most docs know nothing about the positive effects of TCH for pain management, anxiety, and help with sleep.

This is a real plus for NY.

I wonder how long it will take to get the dispensaries stocked and ready to serve.

Note: The one thing I think is super dumb is that Cuomo is allowing smoking in public (in those places where it's okay to smoke tobacco). That is a big mistake, I think, because people will be smoking openly on the streets. That wasn't a necessary addition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City