Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 03:06 PM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times

Advertisements

Doesn't concern me. I already told you that. I no longer engage in discussions on this topic beyond gloating or saying things which might influence cops to leave the profession (or start taking a seriously protectionist stance towards their actions).

In fact, I've been very open in my belief that I want to see city PD's turn to total crap because cops who actually do act in the way that cops have been labeled are all you deserve.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 03:19 PM

72 posts, read 23,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Doesn't concern me. I already told you that. I no longer engage in discussions on this topic beyond gloating or saying things which might influence cops to leave the profession (or start taking a seriously protectionist stance towards their actions).

In fact, I've been very open in my belief that I want to see city PD's turn to total crap because cops who actually do act in the way that cops have been labeled are all you deserve.
Why is that all I deserve ? What have I done that is criminal or bad other then pay my taxes, serve on jury duty, vote, and be a good neighbor ? It's a great offense to expect police to follow the law they are sworn to protect ?

Old 05-02-2021, 03:23 PM

Most likely nothing, so you'll unfortunately be one of the casualties of this front in the culture war.

I was a direct casualty. Attacked by hundreds of people who had the full support of the establishment of NYC, including our police commissioner and 4 of the 5 DAs. It proved to me that the people of the city were no longer worth the risk. Simple cost/benefit analysis.

Now there will be millions of indirect casualties as quality of life continues to decline in major cities.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-02-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Most likely nothing, so you'll unfortunately be one of the casualties of this front in the culture war.

I was a direct casualty. Attacked by hundreds of people who had the full support of the establishment of NYC, including our police commissioner and 4 of the 5 DAs. It proved to me that the people of the city were no longer worth the risk. Simple cost/benefit analysis.

Now there will be millions of indirect casualties as quality of life continues to decline in major cities.
Sounds, Like paranoid ideation. Your sense of persecution, combined with a sense your fighting for others and given up family and friends who don't understand what your warring against. Huge battles of culture and people betraying you. But that has nothing to do with policing.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:26 PM

1,034 posts, read 446,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydadwasamarine View Post
So by your definition what is a bad cop ? What offenses should get a cop arrested or fired ? Your post above has lots to unpack. Clearly, there is a great deal to evaluate beyond policing policy.
That's not the point.

There are bad people in every profession. Bad doctors. Bad lawyers. Corrupt government officials. Pedophile teachers.

What percentage of police interactions end up in the cop committing murder? You'll never hear this statistic. Why? Because it shows that there's no widespread issue. There are isolated incidents due to idiot/criminal cops.

The current movement is purely political (and by extension financially driven for some) .

How many malpractice cases are there per year in the US? Imagine if someone claimed the medical profession in the US was rife with killers because some doctors commit negligent malpractice. Most people would think they were loony.

That's exactly what's going on here. The statistics do not point to a systemic issue yet we're told there is one. Furthermore, were told that this issue which is allegedly "systemic" only affects a very small (<5%, black males between 15-55) of the population.

It's systemic yet it doesn't affect ANYONE but this small subset of Americans. It's like a bad joke.

Last edited by Bklynball; 05-02-2021 at 03:39 PM..

Old 05-02-2021, 03:27 PM

Refer above. It is what it is. Doesn't concern me.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:43 PM

163 posts, read 55,912 times
The NYPD is not hurting for people. For every cop that leaves there are 100 willing to take their place. The pension and benefits are too good to pass up for some.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynball View Post
That's not the point.

There are bad people in every profession. Bad doctors. Bad lawyers. Corrupt government officials. Bad restaurant owners. Pedophile teachers.

What percentage of police interactions end up in the cop committing murder? You'll never hear this statistic. Why? Because it shows that there's no widespread issue. There are isolated incidents due to idiot/criminal cops.

The current movement is purely political (and by extension financially driven for some) .

How many malpractice cases are there per year in the US? Imagine if someone claimed the medical profession in the US was rife killers because some doctors commit negligent malpractice. Most people would think they were loony.

That's exactly what's going on here. The statistics do not point to a systemic issue yet we're told there is one.
I am not against cops. Why is that the argument you make against me ? I am speaking to Airbourne who refuses to believe that cops are guilty of any wrong doing at all. To you I re-state what I have said previously. Majority of people in the inner city love cops. Most people in the inner city respect cops. I asserted earlier most people like myself love cops. You mention other professions well in other professions when their is wrong doing they are accountable. I don't disagree it's a minority of times cops do something bad. I would also assert it's usually the same officers who do the majority of bad things. So those cops should be purged. I wish I could tell you numbers but is it not so that police information that can help the tax payer make those judgements are sealed from the public ? How many times do we see a cop accused of something has done it before. Sounds like something the police should be monitoring and identifying the ones who ruin it for the rest of them.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:48 PM

Where did I say that?

You just proved my point. Works every time.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousstyles32 View Post
The NYPD is not hurting for people. For every cop that leaves there are 100 willing to take their place. The pension and benefits are too good to pass up for some.
And that's thanks to the liberals. Cops are like any profession right now with pensions. People are retiring during a pandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City