Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 03:03 PM

169 posts, read 63,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Ding ding ding

I'm living in the real world.the idea that media or politicians ever address black on black violence and a massive lack of black fathers for black children let alone make it a focal point is beyond laughable.They don't and won't.
you are living in complete delusion. this is all media talks about. from documentaries on the "negro" in the 60s, to every daytime talk and news platform on network television from the 70s forward and now new media. this is a non-stop topic on everything from conservative to leftist media. what world are you living in where this is not talked about? politicians in new york have always had these talking points going back decades!

Quote:
It's why kids are taught things like a white person can kill a black person and get away with it no problem.Lets just ignore the fact 93 percent of black people being killed are killed by other black people.
more delusion requiring psychiatric evaluation. what rock are you living under???? what black person kills a white person and "gets away with it no problem" (except for maybe oj simpson lol)? is your head really that far up your ***? blacks have been and are currently the largest percentage of inmates in NYC by far. it's been this way for decades from being locked up due to actual criminal activity to hearsay and suspicion. where are all of these blacks who are killing people who are "getting away with it"?

Old 06-20-2021, 03:35 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
The word is Marxian, all this shtt is Marxian power conflict identity group nonsense. It says there is no individuals, only groups ans systems. If something doesn't go your way and you're black, it's the system's fault - that's he bottom line. CRT is calling everything racist where the end result doesn't go your way

wikipedia:

Marxism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism

"race" or "identity"

are not mentioned

Encyclopedia Britannica:

Marxism

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Marxism

"race" or "identity"

are not mentioned

__________________________________________________ ___

wikipedia

Critical Race Theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

Marx not mentioned

Stop the nonsense. Marxism is economic theory not racial

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-SffJkUt_U

Old 06-20-2021, 06:19 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
wikipedia:

Marxism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism

"race" or "identity"

are not mentioned

Encyclopedia Britannica:

Marxism

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Marxism

"race" or "identity"

are not mentioned

__________________________________________________ ___

wikipedia

Critical Race Theory

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory

Marx not mentioned

Stop the nonsense. Marxism is economic theory not racial

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
While you're at it, have a look at the entry for Useful Idiot

Old 06-20-2021, 07:52 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deconstructer View Post
you are living in complete delusion. this is all media talks about. from documentaries on the "negro" in the 60s, to every daytime talk and news platform on network television from the 70s forward and now new media. this is a non-stop topic on everything from conservative to leftist media. what world are you living in where this is not talked about? politicians in new york have always had these talking points going back decades!

more delusion requiring psychiatric evaluation. what rock are you living under???? what black person kills a white person and "gets away with it no problem" (except for maybe oj simpson lol)? is your head really that far up your ***? blacks have been and are currently the largest percentage of inmates in NYC by far. it's been this way for decades from being locked up due to actual criminal activity to hearsay and suspicion. where are all of these blacks who are killing people who are "getting away with it"?
what world are you living in? when in recent memory has the media even remotely mentioned the massive problem that is lack of black fathers in the household?no left leaning politican will not do this either. it's all. race baiting and pandering.

if you want to tell me that's how things were in the 60s and 70s you might be right but I wouldn't know as I wasn't born yet.The fact you even bring that in this discussion up shows how off base you're being. "it's all the media talks about" when they don't talk about it today but might have 40-50 years ago. great argument you're making there.

You know what the main stream media won't do- put up data that compares how many people cops kill by raced relative to violent crime committed because that doesn't fit the narrative.Left leaning politicians won't do it either. Race baiting and getting people riled up is what gets rating these days and that's what they'll do.

Trayvon Martin gets killed by a light skinned hispanic and it's news for 2 years. If zimmerman was black it would have been blurb for a day at best.

I seriously have zero clue what world you're living in to believe some of the nonsense you're spewing as far as how things are reported.

I agree there are TONS of blacks in jail for complete nonsense and it's disgraceful. A big reason for that is Joe Biden and the crime bill helped write (and bragged about writing until a few years ago.) He'll parade around to Tulsa for the anniversary of atrocities from 100 years ago (pandering) and brainwashed sheep will support him for it while completely ignoring his racist past and how much he's hurt black people. It would be comical if it wasn't so sad. i think all drugs should be legal and having millions and millions of people locked in prison, ruining their lives and hurting their children for non violent drug crimes is tragic. The war on drugs was always misguided and has been a dismal failure.

With that said blacks disproportionately commit murders by a large margin. Obviously murderers of any race belong in jail. I NEVER said black people can kill white people with no problem and get away with it (although of course some murderers do get away with murder besides rich NFL greats.) Your reading comprehension is really bad. I said "It's why kids are taught things like a white person can kill a black person and get away with it no problem.Lets just ignore the fact 93 percent of black people being killed are killed by other black people."

It is absolutely disgraceful that a little girl is brain washed to think white people can go around and easily get away with murdering a black person. It's even worse when you consider 93 percent of black people who get killed are killed by other black people. Do you think the teachers parents etc who have filled her head with this "white people are evil they can kill you and easily get away with it" drivel have actually told her the truth about what the numbers say? Of course not.

Let's assume that every murder committed of a black person is either commited by a black person or a white person. Do you really think white people are over 13 times more likely to get away with murder than a black person? Because that's what it would take for what this little girl has been brainwashed to say to have any merit and it's clearly not the case. What is the case is that obviously a lot more black people get away with murdering black people than white people do, and by a large margin. But that little girl will never be taught this.

There are some things I agree with on the left, some I agree with on the right and a lot I disagree with on both sides. But the far left is so detached from reality as this point. The way they're acting you would think 93 percent of blacks being killed are killed by white people. Frankly you're quite detached from reality as well.

As far as CRT and this victim mentality that helps nobody- I really don't care if it's marxist or not. That's all just meaningless semantics. But they are extremely detrimental to the people they supposed to be helping (like many far left policies. )

Last edited by djohnslaw; 06-20-2021 at 08:11 PM..

Old 06-20-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
If you disaggregate ”Asian immigrants” it quickly becomes clear that certain groups, which are more likely to have education and assets in their home countries and to have entered voluntarily (e.g., Indians), can tend to do fairly well socioeconomically, while other groups with more difficult historical circumstances (e.g., Hmong, Laotians) tend to struggle. They don't have some kind of ”better culture” that lets them succeed while Blacks don't. Them that's got shall get, them that's not shall lose.
These points directly contradict each other.

You don't think a culture of stressing education and taking care of your children is way more likely to produce success than single parent households where education isn't stressed?

Old 06-20-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
what world are you living in? when in recent memory has the media even remotely mentioned the massive problem that is lack of black fathers in the household?no left leaning politican will not do this either. it's all. race baiting and pandering.
yeah, you definitely need a reality check. type in "black fathers", "black fatherhood crisis", "absent black fathers" on youtube and thousands of videos will pop up from the present going back 30-40 years from new media to every single news outlet in existence, fox, cnn, npr, abc, pbs, orpah, 60 minutes and thousands of new media discussions on the topic.

you have to be living under a boulder to not know that this has been an overdone topic (and rightfully so) forever.

heck, this documentary was done in 1986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vrw416MnJ8

this was a few months ago on fox (right leaning) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-GotqfNrmg

this is from CNN a few years ago (left leaning) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egu6ZjPnBiw

just three of thousands of examples of the media discussing this over and over and over and over.

again, exactly who isn't talking about this? what world is "the media not even remotely mentioning this problem that is the lack of black fathers in the household"?

your response is one of the real problems. what you've shown is there is a bunch of people like yourself who are ignorant to reality, make up their own stories, actually believe them and accept their ignorance as reality. unbelievable.....

Old 06-20-2021, 08:17 PM

cool 1986 and 2 random videos out of tens of thousands of hours of race baiting and blaming white people for everything
exceptions don't prove rules nor do they make your point.

"this is a non-stop topic on everything from conservative to leftist media. what world are you living in where this is not talked about? politicians in new york have always had these talking points going back decades!"

Larry Elder (being dead right by the way) saying the exact opposite of what is said 99.99 percent of the time doesn't make you right. Of course those who disagree with him will call him an uncle tom while pretending to be anti racism, when telling a black man he has to think a certain way is blatantly racist. It's not a non stop topic. It's literally the exact opposite. it's an almost never mentioned topic in mainstream media (fox news is absolute garbage too btw so it's not like i'm some fox news fan boy), and even if your example it's a republican mentioning it.

Maybe it was a non stop topic in 1986, but I wasn't even in school yet so I don't remember.

I mean really if these dirt bag politicans said " lack of black fathers in the household and black on black violdence are the 2 biggest problems in the black community how can we fix these problems with our policies/correct errors in policy?" that would be wondeful and productive. But is isn't what's done at all. Instead it's George Floyd was murdered so all cops are racist (tons of cops are scumbags who have no business being cops, and some are racist but the former is way more the problem than the latter) It's black kids are doing poorly in school so let's get rid of merit and dumb down classes. It's George Zimmerman killed a black kid, white people kill black people all of the time and get away with it. It's just nonsensical damaging garbage (unless your goal is to hurt black people, which is many cases it probably is.)

The far left really hates facts and data as they really hurt their bs narratives. I mean really if I wanted to hurt black people and black families I'd do a lot of what the far left wants. I think some of these politicians know that and want to hurt them, some are well intended but extremely ignorant/delusional (AOC) and some will just say whatever gets them votes.

Last edited by djohnslaw; 06-20-2021 at 08:29 PM..

Old 06-20-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
cool 1986 and 2 random videos out of tens of thousands of hours of race baiting and blaming white people for everything
exceptions don't prove rules nor do they make your point.

"this is a non-stop topic on everything from conservative to leftist media. what world are you living in where this is not talked about? politicians in new york have always had these talking points going back decades!"

Larry Elder (being dead right by the way) saying the exact opposite of what is said 99.99 percent of the time doesn't make you right. Of course those who disagree with him will call him an uncle tom while pretending to be anti racism, when telling a black man he has to think a certain way is blatantly racist. It's not a non stop topic. It's literally the exact opposite. it's an almost never mentioned topic in mainstream media (fox news is absolute garbage too btw so it's not like i'm some fox news fan boy), and even if your example it's a republican mentioning it.

I mean really if these dirt bag politicans said " lack of black fathers in the household and black on black violdence are the 2 biggest problems in the black community how can we fix these problems with our policies/correct errors in policy?" that would be wondeful and productive. But is isn't what's done at all. Instead it's George Floyd was murdered so all cops are racist (tons of cops are scumbags who have no business being cops, and some are racist but the former is way more the problem than the latter) It's black kids are doing poorly in school so let's get rid of merit and dumb down classes. It's George Zimmerman killed a black kid, white people kill black people all of the time and get away with it. It's just nonsensical damaging garbage (unless your goal is to hurt black people, which is many cases it probably is.)
which is it? the media doesn't talk about it? which is what you said.... or they do?...because they do... all... of... the... time.

you were given 3 examples and directed to where you can find thousands of news pieces from both left and right leaning news outlets over 30-40 yrs which discuss the topics in detail and does not race-bait or place the blame on "whitey".

thousands of pieces, most of them recent would be very far from "an exception"

you didn't even take "two seconds" to respond which means you didn't bother watching anything or doing any of your own research. rather you just responded with diarrhea. i'm not going to paste thousands of links into this thread. youtube is there, go look yourself.

clearly you want to believe what you want to believe and blunt ignorance is your path. there are thousands out there like you which is as problematic as the problem itself.

"you also said that blacks kill whites all the time and get away with it" (wtf). completely laughable. what alternate realty are you living in?

Last edited by deconstructer; 06-20-2021 at 08:40 PM..

Old 06-20-2021, 08:45 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
While you're at it, have a look at the entry for Useful Idiot

wikipedia:

Useful Idiot

In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as propagandizing
for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders.

ex. follower of of Donald Trump who labels anything they don't like as "Marxist"

Old 06-20-2021, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deconstructer View Post
which is it? the media doesn't talk about it? which is what you said.... or they do?...because they do... all... of... the... time.

you were given 3 examples and directed to where you can find thousands of news pieces from both left and right leaning news outlets over 30-40 yrs which discuss the topics in detail and does not race-bait or place the blame on "whitey".

thousands of pieces, most of them recent would be very far from "an exception"

you didn't even take "two seconds" to respond which means you didn't bother watching anything or doing any of your own research. rather you just responded with diarrhea. i'm not going to paste thousands of links into this thread. youtube is there, go look yourself.

clearly you want to believe what you want to believe and blunt ignorance is your path. there are thousands out there like you which is as problematic as the problem itself.

"you also said that blacks kill whites all the time and get away with it" (wtf). completely laughable. what alternate realty are you living in?

it's ignorant people like you that are part of the problem. turn everyone into a victim, distort facts to fit narratives, ignore data and use exceptions as rules. i mean you're seriously trying to tell us black people aren't commiting murders and violent crimes and a huge disproportionate ract and the main stream media is constantly telling us about the lack of black fathers leading to tons of problems in the black community?neither one of those things is remotely true. you're either completely ignorant a total liar.my gut is you actually believe what you say.I'm sure there are a bunch of videos on youtube where it's been mentioned but big deal. We live in a 24/7 news cycle with a ton of different channels and sources. If .000001 percent of them actually use facts and data on these topics that doesn't make you right. a tiny fraction of 24/7 news on these issues over a decade with produce a bunch of videos for youtube, but overall it's a rounding error.Why should we ignore what's mentioned 99.99999 percent of the time and pretend you've proved your point?

Politicians don't get votes with facts and data.I mean honestly it's disgusting that we have politicians who try and turn everything into a racial issue, pander on these issues, pretend they care about minorities and then do things that directly negatively impact minorities.

The media doesn't get rating with facts and data.The to everyone's detriment race baiting and fear mongering works a lot better.black people murdering black people doesn't get ratings. neither does "police are killing people are an extremely low rate consistent across all races based on incidents of violent crimes committed"." racial biased in testing" sells a lot better than "kids who grow up without good parenting do horribly in school." The media is about getting ratings and sheep eat it up.

The things Larry Elder mentions in the video you posted about a lack of black fathers is way more important than anything that's been mentioned consistently by mainstream media or any politician in the last decade. Until these corrupt scumbags have the guts to say that publicly and figure out a way to fix that issue, we're going to continue to have the same problems.

Last edited by djohnslaw; 06-20-2021 at 11:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City