Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 06:15 AM

621 posts, read 240,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
No, you won't. As evidenced above.

I'm convinced you're an alternate account for someone else who I won't name, but I wait for proof before I act.

My above answer is an indication that I have an opinion. I am not an alternate account. I have no clue who or what you're talking about. I am participating in a civil manner on topical conversations which I thought was the point of this forum. If you're going to resort to not having a civil discussion and accusing me of being some troll, then I won't participate. Simple as that. And then you can just talk in your bubble with everyone else who agrees with your perspective. Easy peazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 06:42 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
So your "opinion" is that unless one lives in Manhattan, regardless of how much time they spend there, they are not affected by a DA who refuses to prosecute crimes. Is this correct?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-14-2022, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
People like Brownpine want to see whitey and those with "means" (aka anyone who doesn't live paycheck to paycheck) suffer. That's always what it's been about with these type of DAs. They know what their policies will bring. They're not dumb. They want whitey (aka whites, Asians, and upper middle Hispanics) to experience the same ****ty QOL that the "oppressed" have.

Adams alluded to the same when he mentioned once that there are people on the city council passing laws just because they want to see things burn.

It's a means of revenge for perceived unfairness. The white wokies who vote for these policies do ao because they think they're insulated since they are of means and live in some of the best neighborhoods. However, once these policies start affecting them, they're the first ones to yell and scream.
Quote:
I believe you're correct, at least in the case of many people in the city's government. And even then, they know we'll just move out, which they can then label as some racist "white flight", earning them a double whammy of street cred.

You know something Airborneguy...people like you and esacni is why this city and country is so divided and nasty. I would respect esacni more if he just comes out the gate and says what he really means without the dog whistles like "whitey", "those with means", "white wokies", and "oppressed". How do you agree with someone like this? And then you turn around and accuse me of being a troll in a later post?

Obviously, this discussion has gone far off the rails. And even you as the moderator is on board for this kind of disgusting talk. Well y'all can stick to your racist echo chamber.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:14 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,831,160 times
New York City is getting it just deserves.

Non Policing.

How many times do I delay strapping on my belt after running quick errands only to pull alongside a police car.
I look at them and wave. They wave back and ....and that's it.

No more tickets for double parking ,running a soft red light, I mean there are motorcycles with no plates, off road vehicles,
motorbikes on sidewalks, vagrants peeing out in broad daylight and so on.

It's a Wonderful Life............
I'm sure Mr.Bragg will eventually earn his wings.
I hope they are not the red ones.

( Sarcasm )

Old 01-14-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post

You know something Airborneguy...people like you and esacni is why this city and country is so divided and nasty. I would respect esacni more if he just comes out the gate and says what he really means without the dog whistles like "whitey", "those with means", "white wokies", and "oppressed". How do you agree with someone like this? And then you turn around and accuse me of being a troll in a later post?

Obviously, this discussion has gone far off the rails. And even you as the moderator is on board for this kind of disgusting talk. Well y'all can stick to your racist echo chamber.
Told you that you wouldn't answer the question.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-14-2022, 07:33 AM

206 posts, read 116,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
So the D.A. is going to prevent people from stabbing or shooting you? You have any hard numbers on out-of-town commuters getting attacked? Not seeing the logic here but I'm open to seeing the data if you wish to share. I live in Queens. My wife commutes to the city daily via NYC bus and train and she hasn't been stabbed or held up at gun point. Nor does she worry about those things happening. And if you're so concerned, why not just stay in Jersey?
People work in nyc for their living. You sound a bit like Marie Antoinette "let them eat cake" in regards to your comment why not stay in jersey??

If your wife isn't concerned that's her perogative. I grew up in Brooklyn. My family was appropriately concerned about safety after have had bad experiences and learning from them.

If you don't think a DA who is trying his best to keep criminals out of jail and keep the revolving doors open after said criminals are catched and released, you should look at all the articles about career criminals still out and harming or killing people in the news.

It's common sense.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:06 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
There is something completely wrong about people who do not live in Manhattan controlling and deciding on who serves in public government when they have no right to a vote. Especially when the voting public was clear in their election choices by an overwhelming majority.
Sure, try to influence the election with political contributions but it is a step too far to override the will of the people.
Having an opinion is fine, having non residents control who serves as DA is wrong on so many levels.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:06 AM

Quote:
So your "opinion" is that unless one lives in Manhattan, regardless of how much time they spend there, they are not affected by a DA who refuses to prosecute crimes. Is this correct?
Quote:
Told you that you wouldn't answer the question.

Sure. I'll answer your question so long as we keep it civil. My opinion - and read my prior posts - is that if you don't live in the city (which you don't), why do you care about petitioning to remove the DA. That's my original post. I expanded my opinion to state that if you're just working in Manhattan and you don't live in Manhattan, why do you care what the DA does. That's the concern of the people who not only live in Manhattan but who actually voted the man in. You don't like the DA? Move back into the city from NEW JERSEY and cast your vote in the next election.

And your question is inaccurate - he's not refusing to prosecute crimes...he's not prosecuting "low level" crimes. Now I also said that I disagree with his approach as one who ACTUALLY lives in the city and is more likely to be impacted by his policy. That being said, I don't think people who just come here to work should have a say in city politics which is what this post is all about - a petition to remove the DA posted by someone who doesn't live in the city. There's your answer. Your turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
People work in nyc for their living. You sound a bit like Marie Antoinette "let them eat cake" in regards to your comment why not stay in jersey??

I get the Marie Antoinette dig :-). And yes, if you don't like the policies of NYC...if you feel like it endangers you and makes you unsafe, stay across the Hudson and work in Jersey. Simple as that. I don't like sitting in traffic and paying $15 tolls each day so I don't work in NJ. You work in NYC - fine. Come, make your money, and go back to NJ. Simple, right? I don't get why people are complaining about elected officials that they cannot even vote for because they don't live here.

If your wife isn't concerned that's her perogative. I grew up in Brooklyn. My family was appropriately concerned about safety after have had bad experiences and learning from them.

Never said my wife was not concerned. I'm just saying my wife goes about her business and God-willing she won't become a crime victim. This is the price of living in a metropolis like NYC. Hell I got robbed at gunpoint many many years ago on the A train in Ozone Park. Was the root cause of that incident the fault of the Queens DA? Or the bastard who put a gun to my head and took my money?

If you don't think a DA who is trying his best to keep criminals out of jail and keep the revolving doors open after said criminals are catched and released, you should look at all the articles about career criminals still out and harming or killing people in the news.

Go back and read my comments on Bragg. I said, ad nauseum, that I do not agree with his approach. I believe that his "low level" crime bar is too high; a person shouldn't have to be murdered in order for the perpetrator to be prosecuted. But your statement about criminals being caught and released is not wholly a DA issue; it's the bail reform that came from the NYS legislature. It's a bill. Have you called up your NYS state rep and complain? In the November election, did you vote for the candidate that wanted to strike down the bail reform bill? You do realize that criminals were being caught and released prior to Bragg taking office, right? So why are you and airborneguy only targeting Bragg? Let me repeat - bail reform is a bill that passed the legislature. That is way over Bragg's head.

It's common sense.
Totally agree with you.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:20 AM

What level of concern is one allowed to have who owns a business in Manhattan but does not reside therein?

Are they not allowed to be concerned with the easy peasy treatment of thieves who impact their business?

Let's keep to a solid line of discussion. This makes it easy to remain civil. When one tries to mix different elements into the conversation it becomes convoluted. When I direct a question or comment towards someone, I will very rarely include anything relating to something someone else said.

For example, I couldn't care a lick about participating in this petition.

But I have every right to complain that I am at increased risk when in Manhattan (which is extremely often) due to the soft on crime policies of this DA.

Further, I have relatives who live in Manhattan and a ton of friends who are cops there. There's plenty of reasons to be concerned about the politics in a region where one does not reside. It's quite odd to say otherwise. I'm asking you to justify that position. Any other topics may or may not be better served directed towards different posters, but this is my only question to you.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:26 AM

870 posts, read 413,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
People like Brownpine want to see whitey and those with "means" (aka anyone who doesn't live paycheck to paycheck) suffer. That's always what it's been about with these type of DAs. They know what their policies will bring. They're not dumb. They want whitey (aka whites, Asians, and upper middle Hispanics) to experience the same ****ty QOL that the "oppressed" have.

Adams alluded to the same when he mentioned once that there are people on the city council passing laws just because they want to see things burn.

It's a means of revenge for perceived unfairness. The white wokies who vote for these policies do ao because they think they're insulated since they are of means and live in some of the best neighborhoods. However, once these policies start affecting them, they're the first ones to yell and scream.
Yup, all in the name of "equity", AKA, leveling everybody to the bottom instead of promoting social upward mobility.
And it is 2022, nobody is oppressed in this country. Whoever claims to be can pick a country from a list, see how sweet life is in the Philippines or Eritrea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City