Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 04:12 PM

1,052 posts, read 452,022 times

Advertisements

Andrew Giuliani and Sliwa have started an official effort to get Hochul to remove radical, pro-crime leftist DA Alvin Bragg. Interestingly, the petition also calls for a recall process in New York similar to California. For that alone, I think it's worth signing.

https://www.change.org/p/constituent...l-election-now

https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/petiti...a-alvin-bragg/

If anything it'll at least help get our egghead NYS politicians talking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2022, 04:16 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
Andrew Giuliani and Sliwa have started an official effort to get Hochul to remove radical, pro-crime leftist DA Alvin Bragg. Interestingly, the petition also calls for a recall process in New York similar to California. For that alone, I think it's worth signing.

https://www.change.org/p/constituent...l-election-now

https://nypost.com/2022/01/12/petiti...a-alvin-bragg/

If anything it'll at least help get our egghead NYS politicians talking
He’s been in office 10 days.
Are they saying the election was fraudulent or has he done something egregious in his first week in office?

Old 01-12-2022, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
He’s been in office 10 days.
Are they saying the election was fraudulent or has he done something egregious in his first week in office?
Yes. The egregious thing is he's changing the laws to suit his hyper-woke ideology. He is not a law maker. If he wants to change the laws he should go to Albany.

The job of a DA is to protect law abiding people, not coddle repeat career criminal scumbags.

Old 01-12-2022, 04:31 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Quote:
Yes. The egregious thing is he's changing the laws to suit his hyper-woke ideology. He is not a law maker. If he wants to change the laws he should go to Albany.

The job of a DA is to protect law abiding people, not coddle repeat career criminal scumbags.
Which law did he change?

Old 01-12-2022, 04:44 PM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
Quote:

He's not changing the laws per se, he's just ignoring them. Par for the course.

Cops in Manhattan simply need to get on board and stop wasting their time. If a DA writes up a fraudulent jurat it's, "progressive right-doing". If the cop does it, it's "more in a long line of law enforcement's lies."

Stop risking yourselves for a population that voted in a clear message proving what they want. Give them what they want!"

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-12-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Which law did he change?
As Airborne pointed out, he didn't change it, but by ignoring the law he is in effect changing it.

He swore to uphold the law of NYS and to protect people, that is his job. He is NOT doing that. That alone is grounds to fire him.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
He's not changing the laws per se, he's just ignoring them. Par for the course.

Cops in Manhattan simply need to get on board and stop wasting their time. If a DA writes up a fraudulent jurat it's, "progressive right-doing". If the cop does it, it's "more in a long line of law enforcement's lies."

Stop risking yourselves for a population that voted in a clear message proving what they want. Give them what they want!"
I didn't vote for this. I don't even live in Manhattan. Unfortunately, my career means I have to go there every now and then, perhaps more in the future if the big banks finally decide to end full time WFH.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:24 PM

19,036 posts, read 13,948,655 times
Same here. Sucks knowing this dude would prosecute me harder for defending myself than the perps he enables.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 01-12-2022, 10:32 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,713,229 times
A District Attorney in New York State cannot be recalled, the only way he can be removed is by majority NYS Supreme Court decision based on failure to perform duties of office

Old 01-12-2022, 10:48 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,726,308 times
”I didn't vote for this. I don't even live in Manhattan.”

Then maybe mind your own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City