Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 12:47 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,268,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What an evil mutha-f’er. Some people just have too much money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I wonder if Bragg realizes he a cog in the machine of a billionaire looking to use social disruption to add to his fortune.
As I have said in a number of posts in this thread and I will repeat it here.
You are welcome and encouraged to contribute to any campaign even if it is not within your voting area.
It is your right. Trump for example has billions in his PAC(funded by his supporters and not his own money)and could have given it to any candidate he wants. The two could go head to head on this race or any other that is important.
Certainly the NYC business community could have come up with a hefty contribution to someone who they feel would benefit their goals. They are not a bunch of paupers.
Don't blame anyone for supporting a candidate they feel agrees with their political ideology.
I'm sorry you don't like it, but if you can't vote for the candidate you like you can still contribute to their campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 01:07 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,245,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
You are welcome and encouraged to contribute to any campaign even if it is not within your voting area.
It is your right. Trump for example has billions in his PAC(funded by his supporters and not his own money)and could have given it to any candidate he wants. The two could go head to head on this race or any other that is important.
Certainly the NYC business community could have come up with a hefty contribution to someone who they feel would benefit their goals. They are not a bunch of paupers.
Don't blame anyone for supporting a candidate they feel agrees with their political ideology.
I'm sorry you don't like it, but if you can't vote for the candidate you like you can still contribute to their campaign.
Eh, no one so far is saying anything about stopping campaign contributions. You literally brought this up yourself.

What is being discussed by that video is how Soros is buying radical DA’s across the country to sow crime, chaos, death and destruction, on purpose.

Your bringing up Trump is just another lame attempt at deflection. The Trump PAC don’t go to radical DA’s that ignore the laws and coddle criminals like what Soros is doing. Trump is also American, Soros is not.

Old 01-15-2022, 01:43 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,268,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Eh, no one so far is saying anything about stopping campaign contributions. You literally brought this up yourself.

What is being discussed by that video is how Soros is buying radical DA’s across the country to sow crime, chaos, death and destruction, on purpose.

Your bringing up Trump is just another lame attempt at deflection. The Trump PAC don’t go to radical DA’s that ignore the laws and coddle criminals like what Soros is doing. Trump is also American, Soros is not.
No lame attempt. I thought I was being obvious.
He is one of the only ones who has very deep pockets who can go up against soros financially. what is the difference between “buying” and supporting?

Trumps pac could fund radical DAs if he so chose. Nothing stopping him.
Bloomberg also spends a lot of money to support progressive candidates and voting efforts that share his vision. Koch brothers do the same thing for an opposite ideology.
I get your angry but there is no election laws being broken. Election contributions are extremely transparent by law.
Only a very very few candidates pledge not to take these giant contributions. It’s a small club. I think Bernie might be one of the ones that takes it seriously.

Old 01-15-2022, 02:34 PM

15,880 posts, read 14,517,338 times
My point is that Bragg is a left wing democrat social justice warrior. I wonder if he would appreciate the irony of the fact that a billionaire investor is using him to manipulate society to intentionally sew chaos, and devalue the economy, which Soros is obviously shorting, and waiting to cover his short when the SHTF, because of the actions of idiots like Bragg (and the other DAs he paid to put in place.) Soros already did this with the UK.

Quote:

Old 01-15-2022, 03:07 PM

12,199 posts, read 7,245,767 times
Quote:
No lame attempt. I thought I was being obvious.
He is one of the only ones who has very deep pockets who can go up against soros financially. what is the difference between “buying” and supporting?
Deep pockets? Trump is like a pauper compared to Soros. I think even Oprah may be richer than him.

Quote:
Trumps pac could fund radical DAs if he so chose. Nothing stopping him.
Bloomberg also spends a lot of money to support progressive candidates and voting efforts that share his vision. Koch brothers do the same thing for an opposite ideology.
I get your angry but there is no election laws being broken. Election contributions are extremely transparent by law.
Only a very very few candidates pledge not to take these giant contributions. It’s a small club. I think Bernie might be one of the ones that takes it seriously.
What a nonsensical argument. Trump could fund radical DA’s but he doesn’t. There is absolutely nothing nefarious that his PAC is funding. Meanwhile, Soros is funding all these DA’s that are literally refusing to prosecute crimes and their goal is to cause chaos in those cities, which is what is happening right before our eyes.

Old 01-16-2022, 06:29 AM

16,157 posts, read 6,899,694 times
I'll take the side of the cops for standing down since any action on their part
to protect the public from harm goes ignored. Why risk dying in the act of doing
what's right ?

Return the power back to the police and rid our offices of radical DA's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City