Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 03:31 PM

6,694 posts, read 6,051,821 times

Advertisements

There’s a small update to this story:

“ He followed her up all six flights. And she never even knew that he was there,' Chin said. 'She walked up six flights of stairs and this man mercilessly stalked her. This was not a crime of mental illness or anything. He stayed one floor below and watched her go up those stairs. And then he moved methodically one flight up at a time. He was absolutely in full control.' ”

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-creative.html

As someone who lives alone, I find this story so disturbing. Last night, I got home around the same time that woman did and before I got out of the cab, I looked all around the area like a nutjob. The driver was like what the heck is she waiting for to get out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 03:33 PM

5,853 posts, read 2,975,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post

“ He followed her up all six flights. And she never even knew that he was there,' Chin said. 'She walked up six flights of stairs and this man mercilessly stalked her. This was not a crime of mental illness or anything. He stayed one floor below and watched her go up those stairs. And then he moved methodically one flight up at a time. He was absolutely in full control.' ”

As someone who lives alone, I find this story so disturbing. Last night, I got home around the same time that woman did and before I got out of the cab, I looked all around the area like a nutjob. The driver was like what the heck is she waiting for to get out
What do people do outside till 5 am?

Oh wait, I remember.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:35 PM

6,694 posts, read 6,051,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
What do people do outside till 5 am?

Oh wait, I remember.
Well I’m coming from Jersey where I spend all of my weekends since the plandemic lol

Old 02-14-2022, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Well I’m coming from Jersey where I spend all of my weekends since the plandemic lol
Why so late? Is recent crime not worrisome?

Unless one is coming back from a bar or club and can barely remember his SS number, let alone to be safe.

Times have changed I guess.

Old 02-14-2022, 03:48 PM
PVW

287 posts, read 165,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
he was hiding under the bed.
Do they know each other?why does he decide to follow her all the way to her apt ?
From the article:

Officers, who were nearby when the call came in, rushed to the scene and tried to break down the victim’s door — as she screamed for someone to call 911 inside, sources said. They even tried using a sledgehammer at one point but were initially unable to get inside until ESU showed up.

One cop who was on the roof at the time spotted Nash on the fire escape trying to flee, the sources said. He spooked him into going back inside the apartment — where he was found hiding under a bed, according to the sources.

Your question about why he followed her? Why presume he followed her because he knew her? This was depravity. He saw an opportunity to attack her and he took it.

Last edited by PVW; 02-14-2022 at 04:05 PM..

Old 02-14-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVW View Post
From the article:

Officers, who were nearby when the call came in, rushed to the scene and tried to break down the victim’s door — as she screamed for someone to call 911 inside, sources said. They even tried using a sledgehammer at one point but were initially unable to get inside until ESU showed up.

One cop who was on the roof at the time spotted Nash on the fire escape trying to flee, the sources said. He spooked him into going back inside the apartment — where he was found hiding under a bed, according to the sources.

Your question about why he followed her? Why presume he followed her because he knew her? This was depravity. He saw an opportunity to attack her and he took it.
Damn so she was still alive when cops got there.
I suppose they could have blasted through the door Dirty Harry style, but then who wants to take the heat for that.

Old 02-14-2022, 04:58 PM

1,075 posts, read 554,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Damn so she was still alive when cops got there.
I suppose they could have blasted through the door Dirty Harry style, but then who wants to take the heat for that.
It was a steel door. I guess harder to shoot thru or they didn’t have right ammunition.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:30 PM

13,513 posts, read 17,055,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofnyclife View Post
Reminds me of the other guy who attacked a Filipino woman in midtown on her way to church. He had previously been in jail for KILLING HIS MOM with a knife. Stabbed her over a dozen times. In front of his 6 year old sister. Then the creep assaulted the child by slapping her around. Why the DA released him is beyond my logic.
The idea that you just empty out jails because of overcrowding or because you think the system is racist is dumb. Violent people aren't in jail because of racism. That's part of the false narrative that you have jails filled with innocent people who just got caught selling a dime bag of pot. It's nonsense. The jails are filled with career criminals who steal things from other people, often violently, and who perpetrate violence against other people. If you made all drugs legal tomorrow, most of those people would still be criminals.

I have no problem addressing inequality of opportunity. But if you believe in de-incarceration because of racism, you should be the first person to get f'd up on the street.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:38 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,154,102 times
Quote:

I find this aspect disturbing also. He was no doubt very quiet also or she had headphones in. Steps and noise echo in buildings like that.

I have been going outside more on my shift and looking up and down the block when residents are returning home now since this story.

I dont think anyone living in this city should be walking around unarmed. Especially women. Its clear whos being most targeted. But the head on a swivel is best. I think we all have looked at somone and got that feeling of danger. It can go a long way.

Old 02-14-2022, 06:16 PM

2,923 posts, read 2,587,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Guy looks mentally disturbed. He wasn't just taken to Bellevue just because. It's sad that we're not having a discussion about the mental ill crisis in our City, which is definitely impacting men (men of color, but also White men). I see so many men in the City that are clearly unstable.
He looks mentally ill AND demonic possessed (that blank hollow-eyes look in this case) but I know most people dismiss anything referred to as demonic because they consider that hocus-pocus. I cannot imagine the terror of that poor woman as she looked in the hollowed, blank eyes of this man as he stabbed her. I've seen many mentally ill with this same look in the city when walking down the street or waiting for the train. Being aware of the state of mind they have, I remain on guard and keep aware of their whereabout relative to where I am, at all times.

They hear voices in their head, which they almost always refer to as a god. This god tells them they are Jesus or tells them to cleanse evil by killing an innocent person (baby, child, girl, or a woman of any age). They will rarely ever randomly attack a man.

The latest iteration of an insane asylum needs to be reinstated especially for the severely mental ill and the deranged. They should not be living on the street and roaming around.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 02-14-2022 at 07:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City