Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 04:56 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,433,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That’s funny - I caught COVID in March of 2020 without any vaccine available and didn’t die from it. Nor was I hospitalized. It was like a common cold. A walk in the park in fact.

Catching COVID is very common but dying from it is extremely rare unless you’re one of those people who eat garbage and therefore have unregulated blood sugars. But the media fools you into thinking that catching COVID is an automatic death sentence. You really do need to relax and stop allowing the fear mongering theatre to affect you that the media spews out.

And I’ll say so 100 times because people need to be more responsible with their own lifestyles instead of forcing everyone to take a vaccine that should be offered on a voluntary basis - not mandated.
I haven’t caught Covid (knock on wood) but everyone I know that got it told me that it’s WORSE than the flu. I’ve caught the flu many times and felt like I was in my death bed. So if Covid is worse than the flu, then I imagine I would react very badly to it and could possibly die.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:53 PM

8,943 posts, read 4,793,023 times
Not to mention lingering, long term effects like losing your sense of smell, brain fog, fatigue, lung damage, brain damage.
Oh, well.

Old 03-09-2022, 08:24 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Not to mention lingering, long term effects like losing your sense of smell, brain fog, fatigue, lung damage, brain damage.
Oh, well.
One will still get COVID with or without the vaccine. What does the vax have to do with preventing these symptoms? Nothing.

Old 03-10-2022, 12:07 AM

3,525 posts, read 1,433,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
One will still get COVID with or without the vaccine. What does the vax have to do with preventing these symptoms? Nothing.
Rule of thumb… if you are not vaccinated, get vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, get boosted.

If you do that, your chances of contracting Covid goes down and your chances of getting really sick, let alone dying, decrease even further.

Old 03-10-2022, 02:48 AM

3,358 posts, read 1,247,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I haven’t caught Covid (knock on wood) but everyone I know that got it told me that it’s WORSE than the flu. I’ve caught the flu many times and felt like I was in my death bed. So if Covid is worse than the flu, then I imagine I would react very badly to it and could possibly die.
see this simply isn't believable. Tons of people who get covid have no symptoms or mild symptoms. Some get very sick or even worse. But somehow magically everyone you know who had it ALL had symptoms worse than the flu? Nope, not buying it.

I will say that if you're someone who catches the flu easily and it makes you that sick, it probably is best to take extra precautions with covid.

Old 03-10-2022, 05:19 AM

2,988 posts, read 1,175,699 times
Some people are in the cult of covid and still try to force people to join their cult!!

Old 03-10-2022, 10:49 AM

1,159 posts, read 875,127 times
Quote:
Rule of thumb… if you are not vaccinated, get vaccinated. If you are vaccinated, get boosted.

If you do that, your chances of contracting Covid goes down and your chances of getting really sick, let alone dying, decrease even further.
Simply not true, even though the paid media Doctors say it is. I know of a few people who were double vaxxed and boosted and ended up in the hospital from COVID. I know of people who got vaccinated and were in the hospital because the vaccine side effects almost killed them. I know others who never went near a vaccine, hung out in crowded bars, never took precautions and are just fine!

Old 03-10-2022, 01:32 PM

2,661 posts, read 1,255,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
Some people are in the cult of covid and still try to force people to join their cult!!
It's gotten beyond ridiculous. And I say this as someone who is 2x vaxxed and boosted. I got the shots and trust that I'll be okay. Hope that those who choose to not get it or do choose to get it will all be okay too.

But if these shots really work like they supposedly do, I should have nothing to worry about regardless of whether the people around me got them or not.

I honestly got the jab mostly for traveling purposes as I was not sure how strict travel restrictions might be as well as visiting some family who are really worried about being around unvaxxed people.

Old 03-10-2022, 10:30 PM

107 posts, read 85,733 times
Wise Shopper, I really don't mean to be disrespectful or insulting, but what rule and who's thumb?

Those on this board who are either more cautious or else are out-and-out opposed to the shot are providing informed opinions, personal experience, and informative sources to support their positions. Yet you simply disregard all of it and answer them with the same circular responses. You don't even hear them, never mind consider the logic or possible validity of anything they are saying. I know no reason to think that you are not an intelligent individual, capable of listening, contemplating, and then giving a meaningful reply to the questions, arguments, and facts being asserted, even if you still don't agree. You are like so many others who have allowed fear to short-circuit their powers of reasoning, and the repeated claims of the media to drown out their own capacity to observe, think, assess, and discuss. You seem to have become like a well-trained parrot who simply, and almost mindlessly, mimics the same phrases over and over again, regardless of what anyone else is actually saying. Apparently you have fully embraced and internalized them, which makes you feel more safe, so when you open your mouth (or type on your keyboard), that's what comes out of you again and again. Based on what I've witnessed in too many people, I am inclined to believe you are smarter than that. Human mortality did not arrive with the advent of COVID, and it won't be eradicated with the existence of these therapeutics. Don't be afraid to face the objections, and actually think them through as you formulate your own responses--first of all, in your own head, and secondly, in your conversations and posts. If it really is a matter of true and false, and you begin to consider that, maybe there is something to what they say after all, don't be scared of the truth. There is more security in facts than in fiction. On the other hand, if after reflecting on what is said, you discover you are more convinced of the accuracy of your perspective than you were before, then know why.

I am weary of witnessing some of the most highly intelligent and typically sensible people I know willingly relinquishing their minds in exchange for an otherwise elusive sense of safety and the mere feeling that either they or somebody they count as qualified and trust-worthy possesses the means and power to protect them and their love-ones from an almost certain death.

Quote:

Last edited by Adopted; 03-10-2022 at 10:50 PM..

Old 03-10-2022, 10:37 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,068,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adopted View Post
Wise Shopper, I really don't mean to be disrespectful or insulting, but what rule and who's thumb?

Those on this board who are either more cautious or else are out-and-out opposed to the shot are providing informed opinions, personal experience, and informative sources to support their positions. Yet you simply disregard all of it and answer them with the same circular responses. You don't even hear them, never mind consider the logic or possible validity of anything they are saying. I know no reason to think that you are not an intelligent individual, capable of listening, contemplating, and then giving a meaningful reply to the questions, arguments, and facts being asserted, even if you still don't agree. You are like so many others who have allowed fear to short-circuit their powers of reasoning, and the repeated claims of the media to drown out their own capacity to observe, think, assess, and discuss. You seem to have become like a well-trained parrot who simply, and almost mindlessly, mimics the same phrases over and over again, regardless of what anyone else is actually saying. Apparently you have fully embraced and internalized them, which makes you feel more safe, so when you open your mouth (or type on your keyboard), that's what comes out of you again and again. Based on what I've witnessed in too many people, I am inclined to believe you are smarter than that. Human mortality did not arrive with the advent of COVID, and it won't be eradicated with the existence of these therapeutics. Don't be afraid to face the objections, and actually think them through as you formulate your own responses--first of all, in your own head, and secondly, in your conversations and posts. If it really is a matter of true and false, and you begin to consider that, maybe there is something to what they say after all, don't be scared of the truth. There is more security in facts than in fiction. On the other hand, if after reflecting on what is said, you discover you are more convinced of the accuracy of your perspective than you were before, then know why.

I am weary of witnessing some of the most highly intelligent and typically sensible people I know willingly relinquishing their minds in exchange for an otherwise elusive sense of safety and the mere feeling that either they or somebody they count as qualified and trust-worthy possesses the means and power to protect them and their love-ones from an almost certain death.
What an excellent post. Can’t rep enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City