Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 09:14 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Great idea.
Last Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 tidbit. Notice in clips train is #6, not #1 heading down towards South Ferry loop.

On April 8, 1960, late night and weekend evening trains were extended to South Ferry. On October 17, 1965, late night 4 service began running express once again, and weekend evening 6 service was extended to South Ferry. Trains were cut back from South Ferry to Brooklyn Bridge on May 23, 1976

NYCT Line by Line History

Old 04-12-2022, 09:14 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
You take this guy out, he's no longer a threat to society. You can't treat one person and expect it to cure another. But you keep feeling for the guilty. I'll save my empathy for the victims.
You see only what you want to see. I posted a list of mass shooting incidents from 1984-2012 in this country. The threat of jail was still not a deterrent for what happened today. Therefore, jail does not work. I said this plainly and you do not respond to this.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-12-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Pointless to respond. He's arguing in bad faith.

The MAIN reason he argues the way he does is because the problem comes from his community and he doesn't want admit there's a problem for political reasons and reason of self pity having to do with failure/lack of contentment in life. If whites or Asians were were the source of killing in NYC, he wouldn't be making this argument.

It's not even an original argument. It's an argument that is so utterly ridiculous that no one buys it except for cynical politicians, race hustlers, and people in these communities that are used by the former two groups.
Look at this word salad. I guess this is why we were born with 10 fingers, so we have enough to point. Lol.

This has nothing to do with race or politics, yet you can't keep either one out of your mouth long enough.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Do you support the release and treatment of all the people sitting in jail for January 6? Do you support the release and treatment of Dylann Roof?
People went to jail for that? I really didn't pay any attention. What were some of the sentences? They clearly should be evaluated. Anybody who commits a crime should be. I think jail is outdated. Use a GPS ankle bracelet instead and save the taxpayers some money.

You should read about how Dylann Roof grew up. So you don't believe in getting people the mental help that they need. Instead lets mentally torture them more by physically constraining them, that should solve it. Look how well the jail concept is working. The jails are practically empty because people are being deterred from committing crime by their very presence.

Last edited by SeventhFloor; 04-12-2022 at 10:01 PM..

Old 04-12-2022, 09:20 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Look at this word salad. I guess this is why we were born with 10 fingers, so we have enough to point. Lol.

This has nothing to do with race or politics, yet you can't keep either one out of your mouth long enough.
I guess if you say so...

Why do you want to drag down everybody in the city to your level? Does it make you envious that others in this city live better and have a few extra assets?

Old 04-12-2022, 09:23 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
I guess if you say so...

Why do you want to drag down everybody in the city to your level? Does it make you envious that others in this city live better and have a few extra assets?
He sides with thugs over good people what do you expect?

Old 04-12-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I guess if you say so...

More personal insults

See why I don't like talking to you, when you do things like that it makes me question your intelligence

We can have a difference of opinion without you attempting to insult me

Makes me have less respect for you to be quite honest

Old 04-12-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
He sides with thugs over good people what do you expect?
Let me guess, you came over here from the Politics forum?

Old 04-12-2022, 09:29 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,257,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
More personal insults

See why I don't like talking to you, when you do things like that it makes me question your intelligence

We can have a difference of opinion without you attempting to insult me

Makes me have less respect for you to be quite honest
Personal insults?

I simply asked why do you want to drag others to your level? When I see others in NYC living better than me (and there's a lot of these people), I keep it moving. I'm too tired most days to even have the mental capacity to think about it.

Why does it bother you so much that you enjoy seeing others hurt via random crime?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Quote:
Aggression-based schadenfreude primarily involves group identity. The joy of observing the suffering of others comes from the observer's feeling that the other's failure represents an improvement or validation of their own group's (in-group) status in relation to external (out-groups) groups (see In-group and out-group). This is, essentially, schadenfreude based on group versus group status.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Personal insults?

I simply asked why do you want to drag others to your level? When I see others in NYC living better than me (and there's a lot of these people), I keep it moving. I'm too tired most days to even have the mental capacity to think about it.

Why does it bother you so much that you enjoy seeing others hurt via random crime?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Insinuating that my "level" is lower than others is not a personal insult? I doubt you're throwing words of flattery my way.

What makes you think I enjoy seeing others hurt? Because I'm not expressing it? Maybe I've seen too much people get hurt by now, and maybe I would like to start the discussions about how we can stop incidents like this from happening permanently. But if you'd rather keep it to race and politics, I find those discussions pointless, repetitive and uninteresting.

Rather, I would like to discuss why people still view jail as the only option in stopping crime, when in a previous post, I posted a link to all the mass shootings in this country from 1984-2012, and as we all know, the threat of jail has not stopped anybody from committing a mass shooting after 2012.

That's if you can manage to have a discussion without trying to insult me. I think you're capable. (I think)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City