Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2022, 09:51 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Insinuating that my "level" is lower than others is not a personal insult? I doubt you're throwing words of flattery my way.

What makes you think I enjoy seeing others hurt? Because I'm not expressing it? Maybe I've seen too much people get hurt by now, and maybe I would like to start the discussions about how we can stop incidents like this from happening permanently. But if you'd rather keep it to race and politics, I find those discussions pointless, repetitive and uninteresting.

Rather, I would like to discuss why people still view jail as the only option in stopping crime, when in a previous post, I posted a link to all the mass shootings in this country from 1984-2012, and as we all know, the threat of jail has not stopped anybody from committing a mass shooting after 2012.

That's if you can manage to have a discussion without trying to insult me. I think you're capable. (I think)
I'm not insinuating. I'm practically positive it is because your schadenfreude is so evident. There's no other rational explanation besides questioning your ability to reason in the first place. I think you're very capable of reasoning.

Old 04-12-2022, 09:57 PM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
I'm not insinuating. I'm practically positive it is because your schadenfreude is so evident. There's no other rational explanation besides questioning your ability to reason in the first place. I think you're very capable of reasoning.
I'll just repeat my last post, I guess for some reason you just missed it (maybe font too small), or maybe for some reason, you just choose not to address it:

What makes you think I enjoy seeing others hurt? Because I'm not expressing it? Maybe I've seen too much people get hurt by now, and maybe I would like to start the discussions about how we can stop incidents like this from happening permanently. But if you'd rather keep it to race and politics, I find those discussions pointless, repetitive and uninteresting.

Rather, I would like to discuss why people still view jail as the only option in stopping crime, when in a previous post, I posted a link to all the mass shootings in this country from 1984-2012, and as we all know, the threat of jail has not stopped anybody from committing a mass shooting after 2012.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-12-2022, 10:02 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I'll just repeat my last post, I guess for some reason you just missed it (maybe font too small), or maybe for some reason, you just choose not to address it:

Why are you diverting with the jail talk? This isn't about jails.

You've been excusing crime in every thread for a long time. You like seeing others suffer.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:51 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,225,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtGovBenjamin View Post
The solution is to keep voting Democrat, eliminate cash bail, release criminals within 24 hours of arresting them, and to wear your damn mask!!!

Get your second booster shot!!!!!

Arrest and impeach Drumpf!!!

Come on man!

I bet the shooter was unvaccinated, they are the worst!!

We also need to send a few billion dollars over to the MTA!! RAISE THE FARE!!!
You're pretty sharp.

Have you ever considered running for office in NYC or NYS?

Old 04-12-2022, 10:55 PM

2,625 posts, read 1,225,595 times
Quote:
Anybody who does anything crazy isn't all there so what's your point?
His point is that the shooter is clearly crazy for not considering how much money those commuters were going to spend at Midtown Deli's later in the afternoon before shooting them up and sending them to the hospital.

Clearly anyone with such flagrant disregard for generating revenue for deli owners in midtown must be certifiably crazy.

Old 04-13-2022, 02:35 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,038,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
Don't worry guys the governor is on it:

“We say no more — no more mass shootings, no more disrupting lives, no more creating heartbreak for people just trying to live their lives as normal New Yorkers. It has to end, and it ends now,” Hochul said.

Problem solved!
I don't know why I expected more from her. I'm like Charlie Brown with the football and NYS government is Lucy.

Hochul is a disgrace.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:26 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
This terrorist just did something no one has been able to do in years, flood the subway system with cops for upcoming months, maybe years.

I feel bad for the people who got injured but I support more police presence. Let's clean up this mess
More police only works if you’ve got some teeth behind the laws. Every criminal now knows that it will only be a slap on the wrist if caught so no need to worry.

For the poster that asked what Republicans would have done differently. Well, for starters, Republicans wouldn’t have done all the stupid things the Democrats have done, like for example bail reform.

If NYC and NYS had even just enough Republicans to keep the Democrats in check in from just passing all those looney laws in just the last 5 years, the NYC of today would be drastically in better shape.

Dumb NY’er did it to themselves to giving unfettered power to one destructive party and thought they were doing a good thing.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:32 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,889,690 times
Quote:

You've been excusing crime in every thread for a long time. You like seeing others suffer.
It's a legitimate argument and you shouldn't tap dance around it

Old 04-13-2022, 05:51 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,182,519 times
Quote:

You hit the nail on the head

Old 04-13-2022, 05:55 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,089,639 times
I wonder who the person is that took the video of the people leaving the train. He or she was in the next subway car and obviously knew something had happened in the other car because they were recording as the train was still moving. Probably they were an innocent bystander but what if they knew what they guy was doing ahead of time? I also find it weird that the passengers weren’t panicking more. They seemed to be reacting more to the smoke and confusion than being in a confined space where 33 shots were just fired. Gunshots are loud. I can’t imagine how 33 shots must sound like in one subway car. I was outside the LIRR train that was shot up in 1993 and the gunshots were very loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdX0NftRfNc

Edit: I guess the recording might have been made by the same person who recorded the gunshot sounds from the next car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYkadxHjljc

Last edited by martinjsxx; 04-13-2022 at 06:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City