Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2022, 04:43 PM

1,107 posts, read 554,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
People went to jail for that? I really didn't pay any attention. What were some of the sentences? They clearly should be evaluated. Anybody who commits a crime should be. I think jail is outdated. Use a GPS ankle bracelet instead and save the taxpayers some money.

You should read about how Dylann Roof grew up. So you don't believe in getting people the mental help that they need. Instead lets mentally torture them more by physically constraining them, that should solve it. Look how well the jail concept is working. The jails are practically empty because people are being deterred from committing crime by their very presence.
Re the bolded above. Where did I say that? I do believe in rehabilitation and treatment for the mentally ill. I DON'T believe in leaving them free to hurt more people during the process. And while you're feeling for this terrorist and whatever trauma you think he must have experienced, where's your concern for the trauma he's caused to all of his victims? But you think he should be free. Un-effing-believable.

Using your logic, our welfare system doesn't work and should be discontinued, because no matter how much money the government gives to the poor, poor people still exist.

Old 04-13-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Who's to say someone else won't do it in a few years time?
Omg, why treat one person's cancer when someone else will get cancer anyway?

Old 04-13-2022, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
The dude lived in another state. Why was he so mad at Eric Adams? Why is he upset about NY and New Yorkers? Why NYC and not a state/city closer to him?

They are going to hang him by the toes. He will get a very long sentence.
He's from the Bronx and has a lengthy criminal record that spans many decades and many states.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:26 PM

34,135 posts, read 47,370,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Re the bolded above. Where did I say that? I do believe in rehabilitation and treatment for the mentally ill. I DON'T believe in leaving them free to hurt more people during the process. And while you're feeling for this terrorist and whatever trauma you think he must have experienced, where's your concern for the trauma he's caused to all of his victims? But you think he should be free. Un-effing-believable.

Using your logic, our welfare system doesn't work and should be discontinued, because no matter how much money the government gives to the poor, poor people still exist.
Give them GPS ankle bracelets. Save the taxpayers some money.

Leave the welfare system alone, without the poor, there would be no rich. Poor people are needed so that people will be scared into working their meaningless jobs, and when I say meaningless, I mean the jobs that don't contribute to the advancement of human society on this planet. 1% needs you guys as distracted as possible with "jobs" and "paid entertainment."

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-13-2022, 05:27 PM

34,135 posts, read 47,370,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Omg, why treat one person's cancer when someone else will get cancer anyway?
Comparing cancer to a jail sentence? How are the 2 comparable? I'll let you explain.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-13-2022, 05:35 PM

1,062 posts, read 551,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppressedracist View Post
The news is reporting he called Crime Stoppers on himself - and told them he will be around the vicinity of the local McDonalds (where they found him).
Spending his waning last years in a federal prison was clearly his retirement plan.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:57 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,436,330 times
Quote:
Leave the welfare system alone, without the poor, there would be no rich. Poor people are needed so that people will be scared into working their meaningless jobs, and when I say meaningless, I mean the jobs that don't contribute to the advancement of human society on this planet. 1% needs you guys as distracted as possible with "jobs" and "paid entertainment."

So true. You need Losers to have a Winner. Everybody has a role to play in Capitalism.

Old 04-13-2022, 06:35 PM

811 posts, read 551,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsGirlOne View Post
Well this topic got derailed.

The excitement is all over, too. He is caught and he will be treated with kid gloves for being black, and then some other wacko will take the spotlight.
Black males wouldn’t be the most incarcerated group if they were dealt with kid gloves.

Old 04-13-2022, 06:40 PM

811 posts, read 551,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
The Democrats that run this city wasted billions on so many programs, spent so much installing red light cameras, speed cameras but did not spend any money upgrading or fixing the cameras in this station and I’m sure plenty of others.

Democrat leadership failing their constituents once again but how much you wanna bet that the fools in this city will vote for all Democrats again, and again. What exactly has this party done for them that they are so loyal to it?

There are many rural areas (think MS, AL, WV) that are red with poor citizens that vote Republican consistently. Areas with no jobs, resources, adequate healthcare, etc but they still vote red.

Maybe the poor Republican constituents get the same thing the poor Democrat constituents get.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Black males wouldn’t be the most incarcerated group if they were dealt with kid gloves.
Nah, they wouldn't be the most Incarcerated group if they didn't commit most of the crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City