Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 07:21 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,400,915 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear from people on this sub who are actually going to vote for Hochul come November and why they are planning on voting for her to continue to remain NY Governor. I personally will not and I can't come up with one solid reason why anyone would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 08:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,066,350 times
My support for Hochul comes mostly from my extreme disdain for her opponent Lee Zeldin.

I am completely pro-choice, allowing abortion until the time the fetus is viable on its own after birth.
I am repulsed by those whose values are dictated by their church dogma.

I am against ant pro-religious zealots and against those whose life has been spent largely in the military learning little more than FOLLOWING ORDERS, the be-all and end-all of military training.
I want a governor who can think for herself.

So, HOCHUL IN NOVEMBER. Her election is assured.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:32 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
I would like to hear from people on this sub who are actually going to vote for Hochul come November and why they are planning on voting for her to continue to remain NY Governor. I personally will not and I can't come up with one solid reason why anyone would.
You can't think of a reason? Really? I mean, I would never vote for that evil hag, but there are tons of people who will:

- The elites and their free stuff army will turn out for her in droves. Remember that the Democratic party is now the party of the very wealthy and the very poor. As we see in places like Los Angeles, they don't make any connection between their preferred policies and the decline of their cities. Instead, they keep voting blue even as their children are assaulted by drugged-out maniacs on the street. You did qualify it with a "solid" reason - and for the poor, there is a solid reason. The right can never out-do the left on free stuff, or pandering to real or imagined racial/cultural grievances.

- The single-issue culture warriors who think abortion or gun control are the most pressing issues of the moment. There are tons of people who think like this on both sides, which is why both sides pander to these types of issues.

- The brainwashed NPCs that think 1/6 was worse than 9/11 and that everyone to their political right is a literal Nazi/Russian asset. I've given up even talking to people who think like this, but they're absolutely a non-insignificant portion of the voting base.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:54 AM

3,488 posts, read 1,407,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
My support for Hochul comes mostly from my extreme disdain for her opponent Lee Zeldin.

I am completely pro-choice, allowing abortion until the time the fetus is viable on its own after birth.
I am repulsed by those whose values are dictated by their church dogma.

I am against ant pro-religious zealots and against those whose life has been spent largely in the military learning little more than FOLLOWING ORDERS, the be-all and end-all of military training.
I want a governor who can think for herself.

So, HOCHUL IN NOVEMBER. Her election is assured.

Old 10-12-2022, 08:59 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,397,082 times
What other option do we have ? I see none

Old 10-12-2022, 09:06 AM

3,488 posts, read 1,407,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
What other option do we have ? I see none

Ummm....... Lee Zeldin?

Old 10-12-2022, 09:14 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,397,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Ummm....... Lee Zeldin?
He's okay... I wish we had more options.

Old 10-12-2022, 09:15 AM

2,614 posts, read 1,213,322 times
Mayor Adams supports KH.

I support Mayor Adams.

Ergo, I support KH!

Old 10-12-2022, 10:15 AM

5,810 posts, read 2,938,488 times
Some people want to see gun free zones as much as possible as long as criminals are free to carry a weapons.

Im usually anti abortion after a certain period of time, but let’s be honest, those aborting late in the stage are people who should not have kids anyhow. If anything, abortion should be mandatory for those idiots.

For those Hochul is the candidate. She sings the right songs for the deranged.

Old 10-12-2022, 10:43 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,488,192 times
Zeldin is an election denier. That alone should disqualify someone from getting a vote from anyone with half a brain.

Nobody loves Hochul, just like nobody loves Biden. But the alternative is way worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City