Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 06:42 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Bloomberg was the inflection point on a giant sine wave

We started as a clean post-war booming city, hippies got bored and rebelled against their parents and the establishment and everybody got disillusioned because of Vietnam, so standards got lax and the criminals took over.

20 years later we just couldn't take it anymore and Rudy cleaned house and people's lives got much, MUCH better. Bloomberg continued the trend and was probably the very best manager of a large city the world has ever seen. He was so effective that people got bored and they were literally nostalgic for the "grit" and "authenticity" of old NYC. People were jaded, black people noticed everybody getting rich except them, the bored trust fund babies developed a white savior complex

In comes De Blasio and destroys everything. State Republicans are all voted out, next thing you know Cuomo says criminals can't be held for bail anymore and they empty out Rikers. Then people get wound up locked in their home afraid of a novel virus, George Floyd is stomped to death by a bad cop, and all hell breaks loose. Everybody turns on the police, NYPD suffers mass resignations and the cops left are the least competent and any of the good ones left just stop enforcing anything they don't have to. Why put their neck on the lines for people who hate them?

Well here we are again, at the bottom of the sine wave. Crime is out of control, people are not safe, things are falling apart and the crazies are telling your kids they can have sex change operations if puberty is too inconvenient.

What did people think was going to happen at this point? Of course, all the incompetent politicians are going to get voted out and replaced.

Cycle continues
I second all of this, and couldn't agree more, and I couldn't have of said it better.

I agree with everything you have just stated in this post!!!!!
I "third" all of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 06:46 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Quote:
We started as a clean post-war booming city, hippies got bored and rebelled against their parents and the establishment and everybody got disillusioned because of Vietnam, so standards got lax and the criminals took over.
I truly think that is the dumbest thing I have ever read...and I have read some DOOZIES.
I actually agree. People got bored with normalcy and functionality. Then "bam-bam-bam" and it's destroyed. Then Giuliani and Bloomberg and then, like a toddler wrecking his block construction, "bam-bam-bam" and it's destroyed again.
Quote:
In comes De Blasio and destroys everything. State Republicans are all voted out, next thing you know Cuomo says criminals can't be held for bail anymore and they empty out Rikers. Then people get wound up locked in their home afraid of a novel virus, George Floyd is stomped to death by a bad cop, and all hell breaks loose. Everybody turns on the police, NYPD suffers mass resignations and the cops left are the least competent and any of the good ones left just stop enforcing anything they don't have to. Why put their neck on the lines for people who hate them?
The excuse for the empty-out of Rikers was Covid. There were more worthy people to save.

Old 11-27-2022, 04:46 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgobrandon84 View Post
Your favorite color is orange and mine is green. I hate green and you hate orange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City