Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2022, 10:35 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,241,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevils3027 View Post
I really think that if Zeldin distanced himself from Trump more and didn't, stupidly, vote to NOT certify the 2020 election, he would have won this race. If he ran like Jack Ciattarelli did in NJ a year ago.
Perfect example of why I said he's a Maga Republican
A lot of people are sick of the way things have been going in NY
But NY is largely Democratic and despises Trump.
If you want to flip some Democrats into voting for a Republican you're not gonna do it with someone who backed crackpot conspiracy theories to overthrow an election for Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 10:37 PM

3,351 posts, read 1,241,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
He did better than any other Republican in decades despite these "shortfalls", losing by only 400k votes. The state is 50% Democrats, so that's pretty incredible. Ironically, approximately 800k NY's moved to Florida in the last few years, helping turn it from purple to red, so you could say the people who would have voted for Zeldin already left.

We see this nationwide; the blue states are getting bluer, and the reds are getting redder. Eventually this will lead to a national divorce... or a civil war. I say let's get it over with. I've long since given up arguing with the left. I don't want to convince them, but I don't want to live in the same country as them either.
That's a reflection of people sick of woke bs,rising crime rates inflation etc. People who have long been democrats but are sick of what the party has turned into. It's not a reflection on him being a good candidate.

If we had Democrats from 25 years ago running he would have gotten smoked.

Old 11-10-2022, 03:38 AM

5,842 posts, read 2,961,655 times
Check the news and firings that are taking place all over social media platforms and tech
If the recession kicks in next year like they all say. I see lots if Detroit in the future if this city. Factor in the new welfare governor and the revenue is all there.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:51 AM

25,376 posts, read 37,110,432 times
I called Hochul by 5%,,,As of this morning she has beaten Zeldin by 5.6%. Not bad.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:12 AM

2,606 posts, read 3,407,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I called Hochul by 5%,,,As of this morning she has beaten Zeldin by 5.6%. Not bad.
Yeah good for you. When you get assaulted and the perp gets off without any charges, or when your neighborhood starts going downhill due to the rising crime rate, or when all the stores are closed in because they can't stay in business due to rampant shoplifting you just remember that you voted for this Administration.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:26 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,667,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

and don't forget how safe she is gong to keep you, that should make you happy.

Old 11-12-2022, 01:55 AM

608 posts, read 240,098 times
Again to answer ths original question(s):

Who voted for Hochul and why?

Idiots voted for her, because they're idiots.

Old 11-12-2022, 09:49 AM

3,514 posts, read 1,420,320 times
Apparently we’re all mourning over the results of this election, but the media is making this sound like a good thing. First female elected governor of NY… woohoo!!

It’s like, who cares? I don’t care what gender she is. She is not fit to be our governor. How naive can people get?!

Old 11-13-2022, 11:00 AM

15,868 posts, read 14,504,042 times
I thought that the current crime and economic problems would have been enough to break the psychological stranglehold the worthless NYC/S Democratic political machine has over NYC in particular. But I guess the TDS is to strong for the majority of NYers to see where their best interests lie.

Old 11-13-2022, 01:51 PM

5,842 posts, read 2,961,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I thought that the current crime and economic problems would have been enough to break the psychological stranglehold the worthless NYC/S Democratic political machine has over NYC in particular. But I guess the TDS is to strong for the majority of NYers to see where their best interests lie.
Most packed up and left outside nyc. Look at the map. What’s left over is obvious.
Only nyc and Albany was mostly blue. Rest is all red.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City