Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2022, 05:54 PM

7,675 posts, read 8,760,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Why they think Hochul is a better fit tho is beyond me...
I'm disappointed no one has commented on the video I linked in #317. If you watched it, you'll know that some vote for Hochul for the sole reason that she is a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2022, 07:04 PM

250 posts, read 253,111 times
I’m going to be so disappointed if Hochul wins. People will vote for her simply because she’s a woman and because they don’t want a republican taking office. NY has turned into such a joke.

Old 11-08-2022, 07:15 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,433,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
I'm disappointed no one has commented on the video I linked in #317. If you watched it, you'll know that some vote for Hochul for the sole reason that she is a woman.
Women do a better job than men!! Lmao! This election has turned into a big joke indeed!

Old 11-08-2022, 07:54 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,247,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Keep voting for your masters.
Most people on both sides do this

Old 11-08-2022, 07:55 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,963,974 times
Quote:
Women do a better job than men!! Lmao! This election has turned into a big joke indeed!
Quote:
If Zeldin doesn't win this, then we really need to consider better Republican candidates. Because if Pataki was able to win back in 1994, then it just goes to show that a Republican CAN win if we have the right candidate! Apparently, New Yorkers don't see Zeldin as a good fit, for some strange reason. Why they think Hochul is a better fit tho is beyond me...
I don’t know about ‘better’ candidates. What is inherently wrong with Zeldin? He needs the MAGA vote and can’t be pro choice. I don’t think Rob Astorino would do better and Guilanis kid was a nonstarter.

If Zeldin loses then New Yorkers will get what they voted for!

Old 11-08-2022, 08:00 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,765,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I don’t know about ‘better’ candidates. What is inherently wrong with Zeldin? He needs the MAGA vote and can’t be pro choice. I don’t think Rob Astorino would do better and Guilanis kid was a nonstarter.

I was disappointed Rob Astorino wasn't the candidate, he does a great job and is a nice guy, I never heard of Zeldin. A problem the GOP has in NY is the unions back the Democrats. I don't think you would get an honest election in NY anyway. When I voted in person some years back there were pamphlets for the Democratic candidate right on the tables where I got my ballot, that's not allowed, but the Democrats get away with it. I can just imagine the other stunts they pull to win elections in NY.

Old 11-08-2022, 08:03 PM

7,675 posts, read 8,760,867 times
Not looking good as of now:

25% reporting · The Associated Press has not called this race · Learn more

New York

Candidates
Vote %Vote count

Kathy Hochul
Democratic Party

64.6%

Lee Zeldin
Republican Party

35.4%

Old 11-08-2022, 08:13 PM

1,853 posts, read 1,963,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I was disappointed Rob Astorino wasn't the candidate, he does a great job and is a nice guy, I never heard of Zeldin. A problem the GOP has in NY is the unions back the Democrats. I don't think you would get an honest election in NY anyway. When I voted in person some years back there were pamphlets for the Democratic candidate right on the tables where I got my ballot, that's not allowed, but the Democrats get away with it. I can just imagine the other stunts they pull to win elections in NY.
I like Rob Astorino as well but wouldn’t say that he is far superior candidate, both he and Zeldin have been good candidates. Remember that Pataki was a small town mayor and came out and won despite having even less name recognition especially against a well known Cuomo.

I have already written off NYC as hospitable grounds for Republicans due to demographics, if Zeldin loses, I’m afraid NYS is done as far as the Governirship is concerned for the Republicans. I sincerely hope that I’m wrong and this isn’t the case!

Old 11-08-2022, 08:21 PM

2,607 posts, read 3,414,796 times
God help us all. That witch has a commanding lead. These brain dead Dem voters are going to ruin this state..

Old 11-08-2022, 08:21 PM

3,525 posts, read 1,433,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post

I don’t know. But why was Pataki able to win but somehow now, every Republican candidate gets crushed in every election?! I just don’t get it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City