Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 04:45 PM

18,479 posts, read 31,670,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
LOL, I don't know what that person was ranting about nor have I read about anyone criticizing her for her good fortunes. But anyways I was a life long Democrat. I last voted for Barry O back in 08 but that was it for me. After that I haven't voted for another president since. But I have seen the tide change. I was so blinded by the blue because as a minority you are lead to believe that Democrats have your best interests in mind.

But I was wrong. Look at what De Blasio, Cuomo, Hochul, Biden and the rest of these left losers have done to this state, city and country. It seems like their main priority it to allow the criminals to go free and make kids feel insecure about their biological gender. Another thing is that they are always squandering funds. The MTA is a disaster. They just make poor choices because they hire out of diversity instead of competency. How is that a fair and wise choice? I never thought I was going to change sides but I'll never vote Democrat ever again.

exactly!!!

This whole group, they are like a cult...and you forgot the best of the best, AOV, a total idiot, she talks and talks and yet, says nothing. I cant stomach her at all, but thats JMO.

and then Schummer, wanting all the migrants because he feels we aren't producing enough children for the population, something to that effect....none the less, he is not for the middle class at all.

as for the MTA, they have been crying poverty since the 70's, all the fair hikes and they still cry it int enough.
it is never enough, ever. 15 years from now, the MTA will still be crying, it isn't enough.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 05:00 PM

35,124 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
as for the MTA, they have been crying poverty since the 70's, all the fair hikes and they still cry it int enough.
it is never enough, ever. 15 years from now, the MTA will still be crying, it isn't enough.....
They've been crying poverty for a lot longer than that.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:27 PM

18,479 posts, read 31,670,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
They've been crying poverty for a lot longer than that.

lol, meaning that in 15 more years from now, they will still be crying poverty

Old 11-17-2022, 11:11 PM

6,692 posts, read 6,047,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Who here criticized you for participating in the affordable lottery program and how do you know they were conservative?
Read the forums. There are people saying that women in affordable housing are "welfare takers" when in fact, their own wives do not make good money. These wives literally stay with their husbands for a comfortable life. I know it's offensive, but it's the truth: Many women stay in crap marriages for financial or other reasons - even Hillary herself.

Old 11-18-2022, 01:13 AM

18 posts, read 10,976 times
Quote:
and then Schummer, wanting all the migrants because he feels we aren't producing enough children for the population, something to that effect....none the less, he is not for the middle class at all.
What religion is he involved with?

Old 11-18-2022, 01:29 AM

18 posts, read 10,976 times
Quote:
I think we have either reached Max Stupidity, or just being introduced to a more blatant replacement theory and genocide even. Sometimes I wonder if people like Chuck Schumer really have our best interests in mind.

Doesn’t Schumer live in Brooklyn or have family roots or religious connections in Brooklyn?

You have all these illegal aliens with citizenship elsewhere while living here and working here illegally, and Their countries have emptied out.

I feel like the last of all common sense Americans have left the building.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:46 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,959,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I never said all conservatives are "far right" leaning individuals. I myself have plenty of conservative views and have voted for Zeldin to end the crime and the mandates. But there are some so called conservatives who have an air of superiority for reasons they may have no control over.

So for instance, I was a NYPD cadet back in the 1990's, but I couldn't pass the physical fitness. Then, I joined the FBI in early 2000's but I couldn't fire a shotgun to save my life and therefore failed out of the academy.

Right now, I could've been retired in style, however I am not since 1. I work for corporate America, not the city or government; and 2) I don't want a husband and therefore miss out on the second male income that would have glorified me into affording my Manhattan 5600 a month rent. But instead these nasty conservatives on city data criticize this single non problematic woman for participating in the affordable lottery program in which lucky for me, I have won.

So now that I am the recipient of the unempathetic arguments from conservatives towards me, I kind of have become a bit more sympathetic as to why people vote left. I literally think before I speak or lash out. One doesn't always have to be right and not everything is black or white
I'm highlighting your last two paragraphs as this is news to me. I don't think you need to be worried about those individuals. They are horrible humans not because they are conservatives but rather due to who they are. Please keep in mind that folks who like engage in these types of personal attacks, have their own underlying issues and problems in real life. I recommend that you ignore them.

Old 11-18-2022, 09:47 AM

1,853 posts, read 1,959,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
And New York City is certainly one of the places suffering from the "catch and release" policies for criminals. Go figure.
Exactly right. The voters have spoken and they deserve what they voted for -- it's a shame that the rest of us have to suffer along with them.

Old 11-18-2022, 02:47 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,265,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Read the forums. There are people saying that women in affordable housing are "welfare takers" when in fact, their own wives do not make good money. These wives literally stay with their husbands for a comfortable life. I know it's offensive, but it's the truth: Many women stay in crap marriages for financial or other reasons - even Hillary herself.
At least you're slowly starting to show your true beliefs. The typical "woe is me" take.

Old 11-18-2022, 06:08 PM

6,692 posts, read 6,047,195 times
I am watching a Netflix series open before my eyes. No, maybe it's ShowTime...

My best friend who is originally from Poland, made the mistake of bringing her childhood friend who's married to an immigrant from the Chech Republic to a club here in NYC. (The husband makes a very good life here in the United States by owning a construction company). Well... at the club, this married woman started to make out with a gay girl who also happens to be a friend. When we confronted the wife about her cheating, she said to us, "I'm very much in love with her, but due to financial reasons I cannot leave my husband, and it's time to do ME. I'm willing to leave him but I want to make sure she's going to commit to me."

My best friend let her go as a friend, but here I am begging her to allow the cheater back into the circle because I really want to know what's going to happen! I want to see this Netflix/ ShowTime series!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City