Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 02:40 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
87 past Lake George is very pretty and you can hit 100-125 in some of the parts it’s so empty. Haven’t done those speeds in a long time as well and probably never will.
That's nuts because that I-87 stretch in the Adirondacks is infested with speed traps, the small towns there rely on fines for a big chunk of their budget. So small that when I've contested tickets I can get the judge on the phone and negotiate without setting foot in a courthouse. And yes it's empty but you ain't seen nothing - instead of keeping North head West and you will truly understand what nothingness is. That mountain chain is so vast and unpopulated, this is where you go to escape civilization without having to fly to Alaska
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2022, 02:56 AM

5,813 posts, read 2,940,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That's nuts because that I-87 stretch in the Adirondacks is infested with speed traps, the small towns there rely on fines for a big chunk of their budget. So small that when I've contested tickets I can get the judge on the phone and negotiate without setting foot in a courthouse. And yes it's empty but you ain't seen nothing - instead of keeping North head West and you will truly understand what nothingness is. That mountain chain is so vast and unpopulated, this is where you go to escape civilization without having to fly to Alaska
You are correct. State troopers up there are plenty. I guess I got lucky back then. I don’t remember last time I pulled a 100. Also these days we have wAze thank god.
I’ve driven cross country a few times and yes, the landscape is amazing. Made me wonder why people cluster in dirty cities so much.

Old 11-17-2022, 12:43 PM

5,813 posts, read 2,940,694 times
Had shortys today.
I had it delivered.
It was good. Not bad, but not incredible.

Solid 7 or 8.

Old 11-17-2022, 02:02 PM

2,604 posts, read 3,401,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Easy - head to 34th and 8th, walk down the stairs twice til you get to the platform and get on the train that says "Philadelphia" and when you get off ask the cab driver to take you to Pat's
Pat's?! Common man. I thought you were better than that. That place and Geno's are both mediocre tourist traps. Not saying they are trash but there are certainly better places in Philly and in Jersey. Check out Steve's and Sonny's famous. Both are top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Had shortys today.
I had it delivered.
It was good. Not bad, but not incredible.

Solid 7 or 8.
You gotta eat them fresh. They lose so much flavor once they've cooled down. Next time try to go there and eat it at a table.

Old 11-17-2022, 02:33 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,215,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
You can order Pats on Goldbelly
Pats & Genos?

YUCK !

Old 11-17-2022, 02:34 PM

2,618 posts, read 1,215,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Check out Steve's and Sonny's famous. Both are top notch.
I'll have to check those out.

I like Jim's on South.

And Tony Luke's on 3rd and Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: