Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 06:44 AM

156 posts, read 327,288 times

Advertisements

Just a reminder... We have gotten 0 0 before with no retro... By Americas Mayor... Giuliani.

Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trag672 View Post
Just a reminder... We have gotten 0 0 before with no retro... By Americas Mayor... Giuliani.
Well then, history will repeat itself. For a little change
of topic, now I have been called a DSNY Buff before but
I have never gone around taking pictures of DSNY trucks
and its workers. Is there such a thing as DSNY groupies?

I hope they don't stalk you guys outside your garages,.
Chasing Sanitation is looking to do a photo gallery in Manhattan and needs some funds, Harry (831) will match what she gets, check out her blog, CHASING SANITATION: Falling in Love with New York's Strongest by Lisa Dowda & Liz Ligon — Kickstarter page to donate.

Chasing Sanitation

Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM

246 posts, read 593,496 times
Mayor to Impose Job Freeze - WSJ.com

Old 10-05-2010, 02:47 PM

289 posts, read 746,195 times
Default Getting on the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW I SPOKE TO MY FRIEND AND HE TOLD ME HARRY IS FIGHTING TO GET THE 200 NEW SANITATION WORKER'S HIRED. GUY'S I HAVE SEEN THIS GO ON BEFORE IT'S A GAME THEY PLAY BELIEVE ME WHEN THE GARBAGE PILE'S UP ,AND THE SNOW IS COMING THEY WILL FIND MONEY TO HIRE.GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:27 AM

372 posts, read 830,271 times
this job is in trouble honestly n if people dont wanna believe it there ignorant.. this new deputy mayor wants to slash everything he wants to minimize city spending, he wants to minimize the car n truck fleet of all agencies..he wants all agencies to work together so if there is a snow storm he wants parks dot mta etc to help out drive our trucks or even there own....I'm telling you DSNY has a big bulls eye on its back, I believe only 3 other citys or mayb even 2 have a city runned sanitation..he looks @ wat they do for ideas like weps etc.... weps ready willing able they r doing our hand broom n our MLP....big belly baskets..this job is not going to survive at the rate were moving....he wants to privatize sundays n baskets ,( you gotta love the response of people they cant do that.... lol y not give me one good reason?)the city can do wat eva they want i bet people thought there was never going to be a 2 man truck or a one man ro-ro,,, next is the one man ez pack......the union delegate said some young guys are running against the union r u nuts....harry does the best he can for us (he has so much respect from many people n has alot of connections)...its not the union its us for years the union has sed watch ur times protect your jobs but no one listens they say ok pal wat do u know...all im saying something big is going to happen this year watch tension is gonna rise this job is going to push on us big time n its either were gonna run in a corner n let them do wat ever they want to us or were gonna fite bak..tuff times have hit us b4 n we gotta stick together n work as team not the usual everyman for himself which killed this job...sorry for the rant just how i fell n in my very short time on this job i have seen some serious changes already....

Old 10-08-2010, 12:47 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,024 times
Why is John "the drunk" Doherty 's pay already above base for the year? I didn't know he qualified for OT, OH I forgot he is Mayor Reubens puppet and his main concern is all about fattening his soon to be 6 figure pension.....

I stand corrected, he is not only getting a generous salary but also a generous pension at the same time!

Snippets from a NY Times article,2006:

"Beyond the waivers, Mr. Bloomberg has also gone to unusual lengths to the sanitation commissioner, John J. Doherty, to collect pensions while they are still working. He approved a bookkeeping maneuver in January in which the city "retired" the two men and immediately rehired them, making them eligible for retirement benefits on top of their salaries."

"The qualifications necessary to be a New York City commissioner are unique," Mr. Barowitz said last week. "Given the job John Doherty did leading the Sanitation Department in the snow-clearing operation this week, for example, he's clearly worth his weight in gold." ok, whatever....

Last edited by vantastic10; 10-08-2010 at 01:48 PM..

Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM

12 posts, read 27,971 times
What's the official date list 6063 expires?

Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 AM

88 posts, read 197,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageDude View Post
What's the official date list 6063 expires?
Feb. 20 2014.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:08 AM

87 posts, read 227,966 times
while I took the 2007 fdny exam, I've been out of the loop with that list...is the reason between the DSNY exam being extended vs. the fdny not being (at least so far) due to the lawsuits with that list or something else?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:43 PM

53 posts, read 103,653 times
yes go to 6019candidates.com...........also you can google 6019 and click on the first thing that pops up. its firehouse forums with a thread on exam 6019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City