Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 01:16 PM

372 posts, read 830,037 times

Advertisements

I heard in december there will be an announcement that doughety is coming back and that he will hve to cut the force by 4% I dont know when he would cut the force and how but i think this is actually gonna happen so be prepared...so im guessing between 200-250 guys maybe 300 the most....now say layoffs happen and were under teier 4 could we be brought back under tier 5?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:28 PM

876 posts, read 2,141,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
According to my notes, exam 2052 was given on May 10,2003. They laid off 515 on the same month and bought everybody back by December of the same year.

For the record they hired zero sanmen in 2002 and obviously in 2003. In 2004 they had 4 classes(412 new hires). From what list I don't know but most likely from the 2052.
This time it is different. More and more districts run and dump routes have been cut, mlp has been cut. From what I hear they can layoff 500 people and wont have that many charts made after that. This is a dark time in dsny and the workers are blind to it all. Keep running and dumping your job away geniuses.

Last edited by DSNYSANMAN; 11-23-2009 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 PM

372 posts, read 830,037 times
the job still got done after people retired no one has been hired in a year nd half cleaning was cut and everything is still good....so if were even now we would they hire if there getting the job done now there gonna layoff and then realize wow these morons are still getting the job done get my point were just digging our own graves....once you show them you can get the job done thats it then ur expected to do more and more.....if layoffs happen then what we mite slow down (prb not) dont count on people caring if u have work or not the same person that says hello to you in the morning is the same guy that will push you out the door and stab you in the back as long as they get a good day...thats the problem with this job people look at the now instead of the future the big picture i guess they dont realize what happened in the past how much change has hppened on this job the cut the workforse from 13k to 7k what makes you think they wont cut it from 7k to 5k??? the dc/df trucks pack like maniacs the blade doesnt even move lol but no one sees this or the extra line they throw on your route lol hello wake up people..

Old 11-23-2009, 02:00 PM

200 posts, read 576,828 times
More Sanitation workers should be reading this forum. Pass it around your garages so they can get info on what's to come especially the junior ones. Maybe some will wake up and see the era of their ways.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:02 PM

200 posts, read 576,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
the job still got done after people retired no one has been hired in a year nd half cleaning was cut and everything is still good....so if were even now we would they hire if there getting the job done now there gonna layoff and then realize wow these morons are still getting the job done get my point were just digging our own graves....once you show them you can get the job done thats it then ur expected to do more and more.....if layoffs happen then what we mite slow down (prb not) dont count on people caring if u have work or not the same person that says hello to you in the morning is the same guy that will push you out the door and stab you in the back as long as they get a good day...thats the problem with this job people look at the now instead of the future the big picture i guess they dont realize what happened in the past how much change has hppened on this job the cut the workforse from 13k to 7k what makes you think they wont cut it from 7k to 5k??? the dc/df trucks pack like maniacs the blade doesnt even move lol but no one sees this or the extra line they throw on your route lol hello wake up people..
My DF Loads out at 10.5 tons

Old 11-23-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcals View Post
I heard in december there will be an announcement that doughety is coming back and that he will hve to cut the force by 4% I dont know when he would cut the force and how but i think this is actually gonna happen so be prepared...so im guessing between 200-250 guys maybe 300 the most....now say layoffs happen and were under teier 4 could we be brought back under tier 5?
Where did you get this info? Where do they show how many sanitation workers we have? I was under the impression we had 8000 s/w which would be 320 layoff if the number is 4 percent.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 PM

360 posts, read 735,941 times
I find it funny that dsny falls in the catagory of teachers/other city jobs.. Where the fdny and (what I believe destroyed all city jobs pensions and put us in this deficeit) the NYPD ..*cringe* and reading a article saying layoffs in those departments most likekly not happen..

Old 11-23-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
I find it funny that dsny falls in the catagory of teachers/other city jobs.. Where the fdny and (what I believe destroyed all city jobs pensions and put us in this deficeit) the NYPD ..*cringe* and reading a article saying layoffs in those departments most likekly not happen..
And when you look at the numbers those dept have the most people. Police have over 40,000 personal, fire has over 10,000 personal. You can cut the fat more with them then with us.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:08 PM

172 posts, read 448,008 times
Mod cut: personal attack just how did the FDNY and NYPD ruin the pension system? and You talk about cutting fat? are ya joking? I worked DSNY amd I can tell you where you can trim fat from, but I would never call out another city job, especially on a public forum!

Last edited by Viralmd; 11-24-2009 at 04:51 AM..

Old 11-23-2009, 07:33 PM

360 posts, read 735,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombero2811 View Post
wow, you guy's are delusional! just how did the FDNY and NYPD ruin the pension system? and You talk about cutting fat? are ya joking? I worked DSNY amd I can tell you where you can trim fat from, but I would never call out another city job, especially on a public forum!
I respect the fdny and dsny to a decree everyone has there problems childs .. But I will never ever sit here and tell you I see a cop pass by and salute them with respect.. There the money makers for mike bloomberg and they are a very large reason this citys pension program went to the toobs .. Noone wants to be nypd most friends I know did it to transfer to fdny or dsny!! They get hired young and retire young and have the longest life expectincy out of the 3 departments... I am not calling out anyone and google the city deficeit and see how many times the nypd massive massive massive pension payouts at this current time and the future is destroying it for ALL the city personal...when I read a news article saying the nypd due to the new hike tax will save there jobs and not other departments .. There's the frustration... But there ain't nothing I can do about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City