Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 01:58 PM

372 posts, read 830,176 times

Advertisements

what is the financial emergency act...?

Old 01-19-2010, 02:52 PM

156 posts, read 370,166 times
New York Law: NYS Financial Emergency Act for the city of NY 868/75 :: Justia

^^^ here you go Kingcals, it's a lot to read though

and thanks for the info FULLTRUCK, from what I get out of that, I guess that means the DSNY headcount can fluctuate as long as it still "maintains an adequate workforce for purposes of cleaning and collection"...kinda like how the NYPD headcount has decreased by 5,000+ over the last decade, but Bloomberg/Kelly still put out their own statistics that show the city is "safer than ever"

I guess time will tell if we ever get back to that pre-hiring freeze headcount number, or if "more with less" will continue to be the unofficial slogan even after the freeze is lifted...which is why I wouldn't play the numbers game at this point

Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM

360 posts, read 736,005 times
If they were to go back to prehiring freeze how many would that be about ..? And regardless .. Wouldent this list get extended. Regardless..?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:23 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,062,021 times
It has been 2 years since the 6063 list has been established. Time sure does fly by, even though the list is frozen like a block of ice.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 PM

246 posts, read 593,407 times
Ok I don't know how true this is so don't hold your breath .I was at the uniform store last week picking up a new hoodie for work. The owner of the store I know very well I used to work for him back when I was a Teenager.So he was telling me when ever there going to have a class (Sanman or Supervisor )they call him up to notify him so he can stock up on pants ,shirts etc.He told me they do this so they are not caught off gaurd of the hiring and everyone can get there uniforms on time.So he said he got a phone call just after Christmas and was told if all go's right(IF ALL FALLS INTO PLACE)there will be a class of Sanmen and a Supervisor class at the end of June or early July.He did not say any amount of numbers for these class's.So Someone some where Down town is talking Hiring.
Now like I said take it for what it's worth nothing is writen in stone but like I said I know the guy for over 20 years and he would have no reason to lie to me .So I'm not saying there is or there isn't gonna be a class i'm just passing alone some info So hopfully we get a couple of you guys on the job this summer.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:03 PM

200 posts, read 576,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
Ok I don't know how true this is so don't hold your breath .I was at the uniform store last week picking up a new hoodie for work. The owner of the store I know very well I used to work for him back when I was a Teenager.So he was telling me when ever there going to have a class (Sanman or Supervisor )they call him up to notify him so he can stock up on pants ,shirts etc.He told me they do this so they are not caught off gaurd of the hiring and everyone can get there uniforms on time.So he said he got a phone call just after Christmas and was told if all go's right(IF ALL FALLS INTO PLACE)there will be a class of Sanmen and a Supervisor class at the end of June or early July.He did not say any amount of numbers for these class's.So Someone some where Down town is talking Hiring.
Now like I said take it for what it's worth nothing is writen in stone but like I said I know the guy for over 20 years and he would have no reason to lie to me .So I'm not saying there is or there isn't gonna be a class i'm just passing alone some info So hopfully we get a couple of you guys on the job this summer.
Sounds pretty solid. Try to keep in touch with him because if they are going to hire it makes sense that he would be notified. Your post should make a lot of people feel good.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:05 PM

146 posts, read 280,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
Thanks for the info offwing i hope all goes well then and that goes threw but that gives alot of people hope like myself about the hiring so thanks

Old 01-21-2010, 04:47 PM

360 posts, read 736,005 times
With a list number at #1450 how many classes would have to be called round about to get the job.. ? Say there looking for 100 sanman a class.. Thanks guys...

Old 01-21-2010, 05:38 PM

49 posts, read 83,025 times
My guess is fourth or fifth class going forward, this could change if there are more than 100 Sanman per class.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:15 PM

9 posts, read 20,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deac39 View Post
With a list number at #1450 how many classes would have to be called round about to get the job.. ? Say there looking for 100 sanman a class.. Thanks guys...
You never know with sanitation. I remember the head of hr said that the ratio is like 5 to 1. For every 5 people called only 1 or at the most 2 make it into the classes. People fail physicals, medicals, some people miss thier appointment dates, with your list number dont be suprised if your called relatively quick. I was talking to my uncle, and another sanman, and they were saying that the first 4000 should be ok. But we'll see what happens when everyone is weeded out. Hopefully our time will come man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City