Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 AM

234 posts, read 1,157,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
New Yorkers are in better shape than Californians...
//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...st-states.html

Deer in Los Angeles... Thank you for proving my point. It's not a real city. What fricking city has deer walking throught it? And a lot of Californians are living in NYC and like it. It can go both ways. I know a dozen Californians who will never move back to that smoggy, sprawling mess you like to call a "city."

LA can't hold a candle to NYC.

yeah your right New York is a true city and LA is way bhind bcuz LA was more into scenery. but thats cool having a deer in your yard but not the mountain lion or even the bears. But thats griffith park which is a real forest or the Angeles nation forest. hey but im not bias i like NY alot, it was perfectly made to me. the architects really did there job. LA is working on there downtown right now to be more tourist friendly. LA has alot of potential bcuz we have so much land where we can build on while New York is already a real city and there spaces to build is already filled. NY is still amazing though but i would still rather live in LA.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
DonJuan, I have a question. Are you bringing anything to the table, or you're just trolling? I have nothing wrong with you bringing up your arguments, however, it does seem you're just here to troll. On other web-forums that I am a member of, you would of been banned a long time ago.

I dont know what trolling is. hey this is a discussion. LA vs NY. im just telling the truth just like you guys are doing but i see alot of lies here also. i like both places. Oh and im not from LA either or dont live there. im more neutral. both places have there ups and downs. the futurecop guy would of been banned a long time ago too. some things he is saying is true and some are lies. I might be the only non-bias person here
A city stand point New York ****s all over LA. NY had a plan from the start while i dont have a clue what LA was thinking. LA just have random buildings popping up and different areas of the city. I know more about LA and i can amit there faults but can you guys amit New Yorks faults?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,498,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
DonJuan, I have a question. Are you bringing anything to the table, or you're just trolling? I have nothing wrong with you bringing up your arguments, however, it does seem you're just here to troll. On other web-forums that I am a member of, you would of been banned a long time ago.
It's only a matter of time before he's banned. I'm looking forward to it. When that happens, I'll dog LA and he won't be able to do anything about it.

The dude's a troll. I'm a mod on another forum (sports) and I'd ban his ass in a second. Where are the mods on here?

LA CANNOT HOLD A CANDLE TO NYC. LA isn't good enough to **** in the same toilet as NYC. We have far more business, financial, media, athletic, and cultural power. The only thing Angelenos can bring up is "stars." You guys can keep them uneducated retards who contribute nothing to society. I'm going to be a Cop, I'll be making a fraction of what they're making, and I'll be the one contributing to society, going out to work not knowing if I'll be back home. That's a respectable career.

Look at this country now. Ever since Los Angeles came into play we've been going downhill. Wannabe gangstas, materialisitc people, and the more pimped out the better. Los Angeles has been nothing but a cancer for this country.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
I dont know what trolling is. hey this is a discussion. LA vs NY. im just telling the truth just like you guys are doing but i see alot of lies here also. i like both places. Oh and im not from LA either or dont live there. im more neutral. both places have there ups and downs. the futurecop guy would of been banned a long time ago too. some things he is saying is true and some are lies. I might be the only non-bias person here
A city stand point New York ****s all over LA. NY had a plan from the start while i dont have a clue what LA was thinking. LA just have random buildings popping up and different areas of the city. I know more about LA and i can amit there faults but can you guys amit New Yorks faults?
Trolling is when you come into another forum and start trouble which is what you did. You post positives about LA and negatives about NYC. I don't see you making any contirbutions in any other topics here, the only topic you've posted in in this forum is NYC vs. LA.

Why would I be banned? I don't recall being a troll. I stick mainly to the New York and General US forums.

I have posted many of NYC's faults. Crime here is becoming a bigger problem. We're not the cleanest city you'll visit. There's some faults. But the postives here outweigh the negatives.

At least my comments sound somewhat educated. You leave comments that look like an 8 year old typed it. You sound uneducated and closed-minded. You obviously only came here to start trouble and you got your wish. You haven't even been a member for a month and you come here and troll. Really, really, sad and pathetic.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Christ, I'm trying soooo hard to hold it in.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
It's only a matter of time before he's banned. I'm looking forward to it. When that happens, I'll dog LA and he won't be able to do anything about it.

The dude's a troll. I'm a mod on another forum (sports) and I'd ban his ass in a second. Where are the mods on here?

LA CANNOT HOLD A CANDLE TO NYC. LA isn't good enough to **** in the same toilet as NYC. We have far more business, financial, media, athletic, and cultural power. The only thing Angelenos can bring up is "stars." You guys can keep them uneducated retards who contribute nothing to society. I'm going to be a Cop, I'll be making a fraction of what they're making, and I'll be the one contributing to society, going out to work not knowing if I'll be back home. That's a respectable career.

Look at this country now. Ever since Los Angeles came into play we've been going downhill. Wannabe gangstas, materialisitc people, and the more pimped out the better. Los Angeles has been nothing but a cancer for this country.

hahaha calm down why are you getting so worked up about this? Your pissed bcuz im speaking the truth? dont come at LA like they have wannabe gangsta bcuz everyone knows New York is copying LA with the bloods and crips when like 10 years ago New yorkers used to laugh at them and say its corny but now look in harlem and other parts of NY you will see blood and crip gangs. I speak the truth!! Have you heard of dipset. New Yorkers are loving the LA gang banging lifestyle its a fact. but there is some who dont. Im the only one on here who speaks the truth. being a cop is a good field to be in and you are going to be helping the problem. Im going to school to be a Nurse so i will be helping also. plus i live in the hood and is wanting a way out. when someone gets banned all they have to do is make a new account.
Face it LA and NY is america's 2 big stand out cities. dont start bragging about cops making more than what we are making bcuz everyone knows nurses make more than a cop. even thought i think cops should make more bcuz they are putting there lives at risk, but the same can be said about nurses bcuz u dont know what u might catch working in a hospital

Old 08-29-2007, 12:45 PM

Donjuan, you dog NYC too much. You've crossed the line.

You say NYC is dirty, graffiti-covered, too dense, full of homeless people, full of hookers, full of druggies, full of nutcases, etc.

Now it's my turn...
LA is a smoggy, polluted, dirty, sprawling, low-rise, poorly-planned, materislistic, overly-expensive, over-polished, homeless-infested, glitzy, fake, hole with no architecture, history, character, or identity.

Feels good, huh?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
hahaha calm down why are you getting so worked up about this? Your pissed bcuz im speaking the truth? dont come at LA like they have wannabe gangsta bcuz everyone knows New York is copying LA with the bloods and crips when like 10 years ago New yorkers used to laugh at them and say its corny but now look in harlem and other parts of NY you will see blood and crip gangs. I speak the truth!! Have you heard of dipset. New Yorkers are loving the LA gang banging lifestyle its a fact. but there is some who dont. Im the only one on here who speaks the truth. being a cop is a good field to be in and you are going to be helping the problem. Im going to school to be a Nurse so i will be helping also. plus i live in the hood and is wanting a way out. when someone gets banned all they have to do is make a new account.
Your IP address can be banned.

I'm not pissed because you're speaking the "truth." I'm pissed because you are so closed-minded. You don't realize that NYC contributes so much more than LA. You don't realize the importance, character, history, etc. of NYC. You show no signs of common sense.

Copying LA? No, you're wrong. Gangbanging started out in Europe. Major gangbanging started out in NYC with the Mafia. If there were to be a gang war between the Crips and the Mafia, the Mafia would win. But God knows why I'm taling about this. As if gangs make a city great.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Trolling is when you come into another forum and start trouble which is what you did. You post positives about LA and negatives about NYC. I don't see you making any contirbutions in any other topics here, the only topic you've posted in in this forum is NYC vs. LA.

Why would I be banned? I don't recall being a troll. I stick mainly to the New York and General US forums.

I have posted many of NYC's faults. Crime here is becoming a bigger problem. We're not the cleanest city you'll visit. There's some faults. But the postives here outweigh the negatives.

At least my comments sound somewhat educated. You leave comments that look like an 8 year old typed it. You sound uneducated and closed-minded. You obviously only came here to start trouble and you got your wish. You haven't even been a member for a month and you come here and troll. Really, really, sad and pathetic.

well where im from is not on the list so i can go to any board . Hey your bashing LA and im sticking up for it bcuz i know alot of facts about it but ur the one who is telling some lies about NY. NY is a great city but you and I know that people compare LA and NY alot so they are comparable. im not getting mad at what ur saying but ur getting mad at the facts im telling you. its good to stick up for ur city. NY is way more complete than LA city wise.whateva i seen u in the LA room too talking about you want to be a cop in LA bcuz it pays more or something. i said i like NY. i love manhattan and times square area and the china town sections and i was amazed at how much it looked like your living in china. NY was doing good to me until the LA gang lifestyle made its way into new york and now you guys are going to have to deal with that crazy madness too. hey i said it too new york has alot of good things going for it. its whooping LA's ass in certain catagories. IT dont matter if your comments sound educated this is not a english class. why are you crying. lol you sound like a woman: you came here to troll. hey if NY was that good as you say it is why are you sitting in front of ur pc right now. i dont live in LA but u live in NY so good have some fun and stop getting upset over some words on ur pc screen

Old 08-29-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
well where im from is not on the list so i can go to any board . Hey your bashing LA and im sticking up for it bcuz i know alot of facts about it but ur the one who is telling some lies about NY. NY is a great city but you and I know that people compare LA and NY alot so they are comparable. im not getting mad at what ur saying but ur getting mad at the facts im telling you. its good to stick up for ur city. NY is way more complete than LA city wise.whateva i seen u in the LA room too talking about you want to be a cop in LA bcuz it pays more or something. i said i like NY. i love manhattan and times square area and the china town sections and i was amazed at how much it looked like your living in china. NY was doing good to me until the LA gang lifestyle made its way into new york and now you guys are going to have to deal with that crazy madness too. hey i said it too new york has alot of good things going for it. its whooping LA's ass in certain catagories. IT dont matter if your comments sound educated this is not a english class. why are you crying. lol you sound like a woman: you came here to troll. hey if NY was that good as you say it is why are you sitting in front of ur pc right now. i dont live in LA but u live in NY so good have some fun and stop getting upset over some words on ur pc screen
I'm home alone right now and I live in a suburb of NYC. I usually take the train into the city with friends but today nobody's home. So the only thing I have to do is this. And besides, I go into the city at night. That's when the city really comes alive and shows its "realness." Hell, I was in the city at 5 AM last night and the streets were packed with businessmen, druggies, hookers, angry Italians, honking horns, squeaky breaks, alleyway fires, etc. **** Times Square, I like the realness of the NYC districts that have character--the Meatpacking District, Chelsea, Chicatown, Little Italy, Greenwich VIllage, DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass in Brooklyn), etc.

I never said it was an English class. But because you can't type for ****, I have a harder time reading your comments and actually respecting your opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City