Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:10 AM

234 posts, read 1,157,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
TV, TV, TV. Come up with a new one. That's the only thing you hold over our head.

20 million? Umm, nice try, but last I checked the Census said 13 million.

No room to grow my ass. How about up? Kind of like NYC, Chicago, and HK? You know, the true cities.

Man, **** what I said about this thread. I love it. Nothing beats giving it to Fantasy Land natives.

lol robocop please show us a pic of your small 1 bedroom house thats in a bad nieghborhood in queens. U wake up to the people next to your apartment having sex or getting beat. lolol. i cant live like that. i would feel so trap. what can you do out there to stay in shape? you would have to catch a cab to central park and jog around the same park over and over. boooooooooooo
.. but its a pretty park though. LA has many parks and we also have forest if u want to go hunting and the beaches and you can ski/snowboard. LA has deserts, a canal in venice,the pacific ocean, a cave with real bats inside and some neighborhoods u would see deer walking around and other wild life. the other day a mountain lion attacked some lady dog. all of that is exciting. walk around on the streets and you will see so many models and stars. alot of new yorkers are out in LA and southern cali and they love it.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 AM

Quote:
What? You mean in a fight? Let's see... A little Mexican gang vs. the Mafia... Is this a joke? What a ridiculous comeback.

what are u talking about a little mexican gang vs the mafia? do u know how crazy gangs in cali are? U cant be serious aint nooooooo LA gang scared of any mafia NY have. LA is the home of the MS-13 which is the most dangerous gang in the world. they are on some demonic ****. they whorship the devil and have tats all over there faces so u know they cant get a normal job. they say they are worst than the taliban. read it up

Old 08-29-2007, 03:21 AM

Quote:
I doubt that. I think you're a little internet gangster trying to make Angelenos sound harder than they really are. LA is full of softies.

hahah how is LA full of softies? now ur hating. come to LA those dudes are the real deal not like that fake new york dipset gang crap. even though i hate gangs period. i even want to be a cop but i wont be a cop in LA. do u know how many new york rappers get beat up and robbed out in LA?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,632,267 times
Okay. Time to bust some chops.

I'm trying my best to read your contributions to this forum, DonJuan, but your lack of English grammar and syntax are making it very difficult (Thank your LA Education System for that).

You can keep your MS-13s, and your Mexigangs. We here in NYC are more interested in bigger fish, such as the economy, class, arts, and being a real city .

London is the economic center of the world? No. NYC is still #1, even with the lost of the World Trade Center(The WTC had the same office space as Downtown Cincinnati) . Loosing the WTC only pushed Lower Manhattan to the nation's 4th Largest CBD. Only behind Midtown Manhattan (go figure, eh?). Chicago's Loop, and Washington DC. source.

Sad to think that a city of only 582,000, will have a bigger downtown than a city of over 4 million. Oh, when the next WTC is back and running, Lower Manhattan will move back into #3. Hell, Manhattan has 2 CBD in the top 5? Global Economic Center!

NYC is more older than LA? Yes, that is true. But think about this: NYC is the YOUNGEST Alpha Class World City (12 points) and the only one that is located in the "New World". London is over 2,000 years old. Paris dates back to the BC era. Tokyo dates back to the 1400's. NYC is goes back to New Amsterdam (1614) While the Modern City of New York goes back to 1898 (The 5 Boroughs) So, how is it that this young city is the center of the world? While LA was still a desert outpost, New York (Manhattan at the time) was the LARGEST city in America. Face it. These are facts.

Another fact: The LAPD can't hold it's own weight when it comes to policing a city. NYPD is by far the nation's best big city department. Over 37,000 sworn porfessionals protecting the world's greatest city. While LA only has 9,500 protecting a city over 400 Sq miles. No wonder you guys have a gang problem..

So you can just continue to troll the NYC forum. Funny, you're the only guys who come to this forum to start a "LA vs. NYC" gig. Face it. You want to be us. You want to be New York. You guys can't stand that this city is still the center of the known universe. So you can keep your Kobe, Lakers, Angels of Anaheim that is a part of California (or what ever the hell you call them) Give Brooklyn back the Dodgers. NYC is the baseball mecca of the known world. Have one of your teams win 26 World Titles and go to the fall classic 39 times (This is coming from a Mets Fan) and we will see who is the center of the sports world.

Oh, one more thing:

NYC still has the best skyline.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
what are u talking about a little mexican gang vs the mafia? do u know how crazy gangs in cali are? U cant be serious aint nooooooo LA gang scared of any mafia NY have. LA is the home of the MS-13 which is the most dangerous gang in the world. they are on some demonic ****. they whorship the devil and have tats all over there faces so u know they cant get a normal job. they say they are worst than the taliban. read it up
Dude, I'd be a hell of a lot more scared if I got involved with the Mafia than if I got involved with some LA gang. A HELL OF A LOT MORE SCARED. Believe me, I've seen what these guys can do, and they'd take over all of LA in less than a week.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
hahah how is LA full of softies? now ur hating. come to LA those dudes are the real deal not like that fake new york dipset gang crap. even though i hate gangs period. i even want to be a cop but i wont be a cop in LA. do u know how many new york rappers get beat up and robbed out in LA?
No NYC rappers will get beat up and robbed in LA. Biggie is an exception, but supposedly he was shot by an LAPD Police Officer. That says something about LAPD!

Actually, The Game's brother was shot outside Hot 97 studios in Harlem. Tupac was shot 5 times outside a recording studio in Manhattan. Fabolous was shot in a parking garage in Brooklyn. 50 Cent was shot 9 times in Queens. You hear about a lot more serious stuff going on in NYC. Angelenos are too sensitive to live in NYC.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
lol robocop please show us a pic of your small 1 bedroom house thats in a bad nieghborhood in queens. U wake up to the people next to your apartment having sex or getting beat. lolol. i cant live like that. i would feel so trap. what can you do out there to stay in shape? you would have to catch a cab to central park and jog around the same park over and over. boooooooooooo
.. but its a pretty park though. LA has many parks and we also have forest if u want to go hunting and the beaches and you can ski/snowboard. LA has deserts, a canal in venice,the pacific ocean, a cave with real bats inside and some neighborhoods u would see deer walking around and other wild life. the other day a mountain lion attacked some lady dog. all of that is exciting. walk around on the streets and you will see so many models and stars. alot of new yorkers are out in LA and southern cali and they love it.
New Yorkers are in better shape than Californians...
//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...st-states.html

Deer in Los Angeles... Thank you for proving my point. It's not a real city. What fricking city has deer walking throught it? And a lot of Californians are living in NYC and like it. It can go both ways. I know a dozen Californians who will never move back to that smoggy, sprawling mess you like to call a "city."

LA can't hold a candle to NYC.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
hey if NY is so good than why in another post you was saying you want to live in LA and be a cop? face it boy NY pays way too much attention to LA while LA only pays attention to other cali cities. like i said b4 london is the finance capital of the world. what music is NY running? last time i checked the south is on top. while everyone comes to LA to shoot there videos. why not shoot there videos in ur greatest city in the world? NY is a tight city i cant lie but im only talking about manhattan/times square. LA has the media bcuz we have hollywood and the actors and actresses. Your NY companys as in Mtv dont want to show NY they rather show LA and the OC places. a tornado hits brooklyn NY and no one cares but paris goes to jail and the whole world is watching. when u start to make enough money you come out to LA and get urself a house Mr. new yorker lol. who wants to be crammed in a small apartment for the rest of there lives. why is so many new yorkers moving to LA than the other way around? Why when 9/11 happen all we seen out here on the news was New Yorkers complaining about how people in "LA" are sleeping while they are going thru that. they aint complaining about san fran or seattle or chicago or london or paris but the first city that came out there mouth was LA. east coast vs west coast beef all it was New york vs LA. face it NY see's LA as a threat while people in LA aint even thinking about what others are doing. they are in there own world
I don't even know where to start with this clueless clown.

We don't see Angelenos as a threat as much as we see them as uneducated snobs.

SilkCity, you're right. This poster makes me not want to even visit LA. There's no way in hell, telling from this poster, I would EVER send my kids to a Los Angeles public school.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
You can surf on LI. Nothing like surfing Hawaii, but we get surprsingly large waves due to our location. We're the 3rd most prone city to hurricanes in the US. I remember on LI we saw surfers out during a hurricane that came from FL. I doubt you could ever surf that.

lol you can surf my ass. How you going to surf on lil 3 ft waves. cali has real waves. Come to newport beach and try to surf on the wedge. Look up the wedge where the waves can go over 20 ft high. Ny period is not known for surfing

Old 08-29-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Ohh, but the threat of an earthquake, tsunami, wildfire, and mudslide. We get the aftermath of a hurricane, just winds and rain, nothing too major.

Surfing isn't a big thing here. We're a sporting city.... Baseball, football, baketball, hockey, etc. All but one of our teams were on the list of most loyal and rowdy fans. That team was the Islanders. When we are on the list, we're either 2nd, 3rd, or no lower than 7th.

lol what about the New York Knicks? the clippers>>>>>>>>>>>>>the knicks.
A tsunami is not a LA problem but its a NY problem. you even have movies where a Tsunami is whippin NY out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City