Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 01:38 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,353,738 times

Advertisements

I think what i don't like about NYC is that there is barely any natural scenery. mountains are my favorite thing to see in a skyline. second is water. the disgusting hudson and east rivers dont count. so, honolulu and cape town, and san diego, and seattle are better than NYC in my opinion in terms of skyline. i really like the miami skyline as well. it's modern, but not as modern looking as Hongkong or Shanghai and it's right on the beautiful water.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:44 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,502,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
b/c they're retarded states. they're full of rednecks.
California is full of rednecks. It has 33 million people in big ass area. Now that's lacking density. Retarded states... That's just ignorant.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
I think what i don't like about NYC is that there is barely any natural scenery. mountains are my favorite thing to see in a skyline. second is water. the disgusting hudson and east rivers dont count. so, honolulu and cape town, and san diego, and seattle are better than NYC in my opinion in terms of skyline. i really like the miami skyline as well. it's modern, but not as modern looking as Hongkong or Shanghai and it's right on the beautiful water.
Whooa, disgusting? Hold on there, boy. At least our rivers have water in them. And Los Angeles was named the most polluted city for air and water. This can be found easily on google.

Mountains are your favorite thing in a skyline? Well, buildings are my favorite thing in a skyline, and they're also the most important.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:51 AM

Quote:
I think what i don't like about NYC is that there is barely any natural scenery.
A city isn't there to look beautiful. It's there to be an important business, financial, cultural, governmental, and economic center. NYC offers a greater variety of everything that makes a city a true city.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
California is full of rednecks. It has 33 million people in big ass area. Now that's lacking density. Retarded states... That's just ignorant.
the mountains are very difficult to live in. the central valley has mostly farms. the coast has beautiful mountains. all the urban areas are on flat coastlines.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 AM

Quote:
the mountains are very difficult to live in. the central valley has mostly farms. the coast has beautiful mountains. all the urban areas are on flat coastlines.
How about that flat piece of land that takes up half the state smack dab in the center of California? And the mountains are not difficult to live in. Sure, the 14,000 foot peaks are, but CA doesn't have a ton of those. You could easily live on an 8,000 foot peak.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 AM

thats called the central valley. without, the US would be very low on most produce.

our mountains are beautiful. i would love to live there. mammoth lakes is where i would have a winter home if i become rich.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:28 AM

Quote:
thats called the central valley. without, the US would be very low on most produce.

our mountains are beautiful. i would love to live there.
There you go, Redneck Valley right there.

I prefer CO mountains, AK mountains, and Canadian mountains. Forested at the bottom, green, lush valleys, crystal clear water, snow-capped, rocky peaks.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:46 AM

234 posts, read 1,158,387 times
Quote:
All the famous people from NYC don't come to live in LA. That's the most ridiculous comment I've eve heard.

I'm going to say it again...

NYC is the largest city in America. It always will be. It's a world-class urban centre on par with Lodon, Tokyo, and Paris.

LA can’t hold a candle to NYC economically. NYC is a leader in business, finance, media, music, culture, etc. NYC’s skyline is an urban masterpiece. The lights, the people, the activity, the energy, the people, the diversity of NYC can’t be beat. This is why it is named the Capital of the World, the Greatest City in the World, the City That Never Sleeps.

LA is a world leader in film. It has beautiful natural scenery. The weather is nice, although I prefer 4 seasons. The palm trees, the mountains, the beaches, etc. It is a major trade and manufacturing center, but not as major as NYC.

I prefer urbanity. I want to be able to walk out my apartment door and have a corner store right there. NYC offers that. It’s so convenient. It seems to me that Angelenos like LA because of the weather and scenery… That’s it. They don’t like it because of it’s density or urbanity. NYC is the true city when comparing the two.

hey if NY is so good than why in another post you was saying you want to live in LA and be a cop? face it boy NY pays way too much attention to LA while LA only pays attention to other cali cities. like i said b4 london is the finance capital of the world. what music is NY running? last time i checked the south is on top. while everyone comes to LA to shoot there videos. why not shoot there videos in ur greatest city in the world? NY is a tight city i cant lie but im only talking about manhattan/times square. LA has the media bcuz we have hollywood and the actors and actresses. Your NY companys as in Mtv dont want to show NY they rather show LA and the OC places. a tornado hits brooklyn NY and no one cares but paris goes to jail and the whole world is watching. when u start to make enough money you come out to LA and get urself a house Mr. new yorker lol. who wants to be crammed in a small apartment for the rest of there lives. why is so many new yorkers moving to LA than the other way around? Why when 9/11 happen all we seen out here on the news was New Yorkers complaining about how people in "LA" are sleeping while they are going thru that. they aint complaining about san fran or seattle or chicago or london or paris but the first city that came out there mouth was LA. east coast vs west coast beef all it was New york vs LA. face it NY see's LA as a threat while people in LA aint even thinking about what others are doing. they are in there own world

Old 08-29-2007, 02:56 AM

234 posts, read 1,158,387 times
Quote:
CA's density is nowhere near NY's density. So many people live there because it's fricking huge. Cut that state to New York's size and we'd be larger.

Typical New York bashing. Slum, kind of like Compton, Watts, Inglewood, and Oakland, huh? So you're telling me LA has no nutcases? There are streets in Los Angeles that are covered with homeless people. The whole damn street is crawling with them every square inch. New York looks dirty because it's so old. But when it comes right down to it, Los Angeles was actually named America's Dirtiest City.

Those palm trees and beaches are fantasies. Sure, you guys have them. Hollywood makes LA seem glamourous but the middle-class, average Angeleno is living in a 1960s bungalow with mustard-colored shag carpeting, is living like ****. LA is glamourous and beautiful if you make $5 million per year.

At least we keep our city real, not all polished, glitzy, lala land bull****.

New york was a city wayyyy b4 LA was. New York builds up while in LA they give you open land with pools and jacuzzi's. lol see ur speaking the truth too compton and watts and inglewood is the slums. but so is the bronx and queens and brooklyn and staten island or whateva the name is, oh and the lower east side oh and harlem.. when we see NY on tv we only see times square/manhattan and nothing else. the only movies they can make in New York is super hero movies. funny thought bcuz i heard alot of shots in spiderman was shot in downtown LA. yeah ur right with the homeless people and that street name is skid row. hey that new york rapper named pras filmed a documentry about that and he was living on the streets of LA with the bums. but everywhere has bums. hey what about NY, when u make alot of money then u move to new jersey or miami or atlanta or another city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City