Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 AM

234 posts, read 1,158,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Okay:

1) NYC is STILL the financial capitol of the world. It's a fact.

2) NYers don't care about Hollywood. The only reason why famous people live out there is because...... Hollywood!

3) Nyers never compare their city to LA. Even the person who started this thread wasn't from NY. It was a tourist who came to the city some time ago, and said they liked NYC better than LA. Then all of a sudden, these LA people come to this thread to compare LA to NYC. This thread would of been over with by now if it wasn't for people from out of town bringing up this issue.

I heard after the twin towers went down thats when london became the financial capitol of the world

I see post from New Yorkers who are sick of ny so they moving to LA bcuz they like LA more also. they have so many NY vs LA threads on this board and other forums. NY media always ****ting on LA and thats a fact. IF New York didnt care then why LA is always in there mouths. Why LA gets the most tourist. So many new yorkers live in LA now and love it and some hate it. Hate all you want but NY see's LA as a rival. LA is the most hated city but still has the most tourist. just like lakers is the most hated team but when the lakers are in town they sell out everywhere they go and you will always hear beat LA beat LA. Kobe is hated too bcuz he plays for LA and he has the number 1 selling jersey. nobody is saying beat NY beat NY. but i do agree alot of poeple hate the yankee's but still the staduims are packed. i do say NY is a true city and so is chicago. LA is does not have that true big city feel bcuz its different than everyone else and is doing its own thing. every other city in the USA is trying to be like new york and LA is not. IF i was flitly rich i rather live in LA than NY. I like land and space. I dont want to be trapped in a penthouse. give me one of those $1,000,000+ homes is bel air or malibu or the hollywood hills and so many other places in LA .. why u think so many east coast folks get money and leave NY? so many NY rappers moving to ATL and miami and new jersey and CT and LA. Puffy wife left him and moved straight to LA and is loving it. Will smith made a song about how miami is his second home but he is from philly but he is living in LA. 50 cent even has a house in LA. when people want to make a video or movie they come to LA. I like both NY and LA but i still think give vegas like 15 more years than it will be better than both.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:55 AM

234 posts, read 1,158,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Okay:

2) NYers don't care about Hollywood. The only reason why famous people live out there is because...... Hollywood!

lol so what your saying is the only reason people praise NY is bcuz of manhattan/times square section?

famous people with millions can live anywhere they want and alot of them have homes everywhere but there main homes be in LA. look at kanye west he is from chicago and we all knows he has alot of money and him and his wife just bought a house in LA and is living there enjoying themselves

Kanye West calls Beverly Hills home - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/classified/realestate/hotprop/la-re-hotprop25mar25,0,5906703.story?coll=la-class-realestate-hotprop - broken link)

facts dont lie

Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
london has already taken the financial capital of the world from new york. look everywhere u see its LA vs NY. even look at this thread. all these boards have LA vs NY. NY does see LA as a threat and i think thats bcuz of hollywood and all its media coverage and award shows. even the NY based shows like mtv. all MTV shows is LA. The Hills, Newport harbor,Laguna beach, pimp my ride, wildin out and etc. MTV should be showing more about NY. Its like all the reality shows are shot in LA and all the music videos. All the famous people from the east coast come to live in LA. Its all facts. LA building wise aint nowhere close to NY's or even chicago.
All the famous people from NYC don't come to live in LA. That's the most ridiculous comment I've eve heard.

I'm going to say it again...

NYC is the largest city in America. It always will be. It's a world-class urban centre on par with Lodon, Tokyo, and Paris.

LA can’t hold a candle to NYC economically. NYC is a leader in business, finance, media, music, culture, etc. NYC’s skyline is an urban masterpiece. The lights, the people, the activity, the energy, the people, the diversity of NYC can’t be beat. This is why it is named the Capital of the World, the Greatest City in the World, the City That Never Sleeps.

LA is a world leader in film. It has beautiful natural scenery. The weather is nice, although I prefer 4 seasons. The palm trees, the mountains, the beaches, etc. It is a major trade and manufacturing center, but not as major as NYC.

I prefer urbanity. I want to be able to walk out my apartment door and have a corner store right there. NYC offers that. It’s so convenient. It seems to me that Angelenos like LA because of the weather and scenery… That’s it. They don’t like it because of it’s density or urbanity. NYC is the true city when comparing the two.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
Youre kidding about the economy right? CA, which includes LA, would be the 5th strongest economy in the world if it were a country. There are more LA based TV shows. LA doesn't have diversity? What the f*** are you talking about? Apparenty, almost 20 million people like LA for various reasons. There would be more, but we have no room to grow in the desirable areas. NYC metro can grow and thats why it has more people.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:01 PM

9 posts, read 51,697 times
Calfornia has 36 million people. New York has 20 million. That tells you something there. 36 million people don't just live in a single state for sh*ts and giggles. New York is a slum. It's filthy and vile. Some of the most dirtiest streets and graffiti ridden walls in the entire country. Alot of nutcase kooks there. The people in NY aren't pleasant and open minded people. They're mean and rude. You call that something to see as beautiful and full of culture? I've been to NY and it was a total slum. I had never seen such dirty-filthy streets and poverty full of homeless people in my life. I'd take Palm Trees, Beaches, Sunshine and Blonde Bombshells over crackheads and subways anyday.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaL_78 View Post
Calfornia has 36 million people. New York has 20 million. That tells you something there. 36 million people don't just live in a single state for sh*ts and giggles. New York is a slum. It's filthy and vile. Some of the most dirtiest streets and graffiti ridden walls in the entire country. Alot of nutcase kooks there. The people in NY aren't pleasant and open minded people. They're mean and rude. You call that something to see as beautiful and full of culture? I've been to NY and it was a total slum. I had never seen such dirty-filthy streets and poverty full of homeless people in my life. I'd take Palm Trees, Beaches, Sunshine and Blonde Bombshells over crackheads and subways anyday.
CA's density is nowhere near NY's density. So many people live there because it's fricking huge. Cut that state to New York's size and we'd be larger.

Typical New York bashing. Slum, kind of like Compton, Watts, Inglewood, and Oakland, huh? So you're telling me LA has no nutcases? There are streets in Los Angeles that are covered with homeless people. The whole damn street is crawling with them every square inch. New York looks dirty because it's so old. But when it comes right down to it, Los Angeles was actually named America's Dirtiest City.

Those palm trees and beaches are fantasies. Sure, you guys have them. Hollywood makes LA seem glamourous but the middle-class, average Angeleno is living in a 1960s bungalow with mustard-colored shag carpeting, is living like ****. LA is glamourous and beautiful if you make $5 million per year.

At least we keep our city real, not all polished, glitzy, lala land bull****.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,346,611 times
You're kidding about the salaries right? The San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel are not that expensive but they are nice. My family makes about 150,000 a year and we live in a very upscale hood on a hill with a nice front and backyard which u cant find in NYC. we also have a PRIVATE pool and hot tub. we have 2 BMW's

Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Youre kidding about the economy right? CA, which includes LA, would be the 5th strongest economy in the world if it were a country. There are more LA based TV shows. LA doesn't have diversity? What the f*** are you talking about? Apparenty, almost 20 million people like LA for various reasons. There would be more, but we have no room to grow in the desirable areas. NYC metro can grow and thats why it has more people.
TV, TV, TV. Come up with a new one. That's the only thing you hold over our head.

20 million? Umm, nice try, but last I checked the Census said 13 million.

No room to grow my ass. How about up? Kind of like NYC, Chicago, and HK? You know, the true cities.

Man, **** what I said about this thread. I love it. Nothing beats giving it to Fantasy Land natives.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 PM

9 posts, read 51,697 times
Don't be Jealous.....you'll never prosper.....California has 2 times more people than NY has and will always have more forever. NY is cracked out people and muggings everywhere. NY is like a roach motel that never goes dry. Take your puerto ricans wearing gold chains like MR.T and I'll take my palm trees and sunshine.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
You're kidding about the salaries right? The San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel are not that expensive but they are nice. My family makes about 150,000 a year and we live in a very upscale hood on a hill with a nice front and backyard which u cant find in NYC. we also have a PRIVATE pool and hot tub. we have 2 BMW's
Well good for you. San Fernando Valley? Since when was that a part of Los Angeles? You want to play the suburbs game, fine. You can find all that in my town, Scarsdale, NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City