Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 07:07 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,555,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success71 View Post
Would anybody that's been through the process be able to tell me if they will let us know if we're gonna be hired the day of the pre-interview/medical or will they tell us to come back at a later date? Also will they give us that date to come back when were done with the medical or will they tell us to wait on another letter in the mail?
They will not tell you if you're going to be hired the first day you attend the pre-employment. They call you once they have a date set for the medical after your pre-employment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 PM

12 posts, read 37,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
They will not tell you if you're going to be hired the first day you attend the pre-employment. They call you once they have a date set for the medical after your pre-employment.
Ok but the medical is being done the same day as the pre-employment interview. The letter states they are both being done on the same day.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 PM

14 posts, read 61,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleone6969 View Post
My score was actually 97.333 and my list number still was 782... I guess its because a lot of people took the test with veterans preference. I'm going to go tomorrow do what I have to do and find out what I can do to postpone. I want to graduate college!!!!!
WOW, does this mean that they are already up to at least #782 on the list? That seems too good to be true!

Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 AM

15 posts, read 66,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynpsd View Post
WOW, does this mean that they are already up to at least #782 on the list? That seems too good to be true!
No, that person is talking about being #782 on the conductor exam 8094.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:59 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormanhopeful View Post
got the letter to report on monday. this is a godsend. i really want the job but i am very worried about my criminal history that has been sealed and/or expunged. i am not sure if i should disclose it on the application. stupid things i did in my early 20s. ive always gotten a conditional discharge meaning you plead guilty to a lesser crime and as long as u stay out of trouble for a year the record is sealed. i never been incarcirated. just the one nighters in central bookings and i never had to pay bail and always kept my court dates. i will be 30 in a few months and have my first child on the way. this would literally be a lifesaver for me. it would be devastating to lose out on this oppurtunity because of mistakes i made as a young adult. the view on life is much different when ur 21 22 as opposed to when you are 29 30. any thoughts or advice or if anyone has been in a similar situation and still got the job any info would be deeply appreciated. thank you
I can tell you for a fact that MTA will not hold any criminal past against you--provided that you list it on the forms you'll have to fill out. When I got hired, there were two people who had records. One listed them as instructed, and the other didn't think they were important enough, so he left them off.

The first guy was hired and still works here. The second guy was let go as soon as MTA found out about his omission. (We get fingerprinted, and the prints are sent to the FBI).

But as long as you tell the truth...no, it won't affect your employment.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:20 PM

23 posts, read 52,483 times
was told today that the only class to start will be on october 8th. As of now no other classes scheduled.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:25 PM

23 posts, read 52,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success71 View Post
Ok but the medical is being done the same day as the pre-employment interview. The letter states they are both being done on the same day.

Just got back from the pre interview. The only thing you will do is **** in a cup. after the paperwork is given in and u pee u go home. I suggest getting there earlllllly. I got there at 615 am for a 730 appointment. was done by 9 20 am. When I go in for the medical I plan on being there at the same time or earlier. I want to get in and get out.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 PM

12 posts, read 37,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleone6969 View Post
Just got back from the pre interview. The only thing you will do is **** in a cup. after the paperwork is given in and u pee u go home. I suggest getting there earlllllly. I got there at 615 am for a 730 appointment. was done by 9 20 am. When I go in for the medical I plan on being there at the same time or earlier. I want to get in and get out.
Your processing and class dates are totally different then this forums topic. We are processing to be Train Operators/Motorman, not conductors as you are. So the info you relay has nothing to do with exam 8098.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:41 PM

2 posts, read 6,470 times
Guys, should I be worried that Im in the mid 90's on the list and haven't received a letter yet?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,690 times
I just got a letter to show up at Livingston Street. Anyone know how the postponement process works? Please advise. Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City