Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2012, 11:30 AM

1,121 posts, read 6,552,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobleone6969 View Post
Can I still complete my obligations with my current job but not loose this current opportunity?
You can go to the initial "interview" to at least get that over with, but you'll have to postpone the medical if you want to oblige w/ your current employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 03:23 PM

23 posts, read 52,464 times
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
You can go to the initial "interview" to at least get that over with, but you'll have to postpone the medical if you want to oblige w/ your current employer.
\

Thanks. Ill be there an hour before hand. I hope i can postpone it i want this job but i dont know how to break my current contract that ends in Jan. I also graduate college in March or at least my last class will be then. If they say no I will not loose this opp i will take it.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:58 PM

16 posts, read 50,888 times
Just called dcas again. I guess they fixed the glitch. It now says, "you are on an outstanding certification". Guess I'm getting close!

Old 09-23-2012, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,502 times
How d U find out your list number

Old 09-24-2012, 03:26 AM

16 posts, read 50,888 times
Call dcas 212 669 1357 to find out your list number. You also should've gotten a letter in the mail with your list number on it a couple of years ago.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:36 AM

23 posts, read 52,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinthiamorrison5272 View Post
How d U find out your list number
Exactly call DCAS u will provide them with your SS number and then if its the automated system which is most likely they will give you the option to hear all of the civil service exams you have taken your status and list #

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM

20 posts, read 64,693 times
Just curious about the hiring process.
Does anyone know how long the appts last and how close they are to each other?
Also typical times?

My concern is taking too many days off and giving little notice to my current employer.

I know they are not going to work around my schedule.
But dont want to anger my current boss.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straphangernyc View Post
Just curious about the hiring process.
Does anyone know how long the appts last and how close they are to each other?
Also typical times?

My concern is taking too many days off and giving little notice to my current employer.

I know they are not going to work around my schedule.
But dont want to anger my current boss.
Appointment? There's no appointment. You'll receive a notice, and you report to the specified place at the specified time. If you don't show up, it's like turning down the call. (See, the problem is this: MTA doesn't care about your present situation--nor is it obligated to care. If you made the list and your number comes up, you'll get a call. What you do at that point is entirely up to you...and that includes resigning from your current job).

Old 09-24-2012, 12:21 PM

20 posts, read 64,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Appointment? There's no appointment. You'll receive a notice, and you report to the specified place at the specified time. If you don't show up, it's like turning down the call. (See, the problem is this: MTA doesn't care about your present situation--nor is it obligated to care. If you made the list and your number comes up, you'll get a call. What you do at that point is entirely up to you...and that includes resigning from your current job).
I understand. Guess what im asking is Typically would i get a letter on a friday asking to report Monday Morning and is it usually an all day process. Just trying to gauge my time

Old 09-24-2012, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,870 times
You guys can take this to the bank. I'm in the top 85 on the O/C list. Got a letter today and need to report Monday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City