Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 07:57 AM

15 posts, read 38,344 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I have tried this entire thread but I think i made myself even more anxious. I have the pre interview this friday. I was #1700. i have so many questions.

For the medical portion, I am overweight but I have no medical problems, will this disqualify me?

Also I read in the beginning of the thread about all of the things you have to pass and if you get one thing wrong you will fail. My fear is that I will resign from my job that I have been at for the last 12 years and fail this class, then boom I am out a job and all.As we all know being unemployed in NYC isnt really what you want to do with your life. So I guess that is a fear of mine

Also does anyone know about the pscyhogical test? I do get anxiety but I dont need medication or anything. Will this disqualify me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 08:23 AM

6 posts, read 25,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgombo View Post
It said it on the first page of your notification 30.370 phr. Not bad for training
Thank You. I thought so at first, then I wasn't sure. Thanks again. Definitely not bad for training. What's top pay as of this contract?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:30 AM

1,121 posts, read 6,555,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabsalt View Post
Thank You. I thought so at first, then I wasn't sure. Thanks again. Definitely not bad for training. What's top pay as of this contract?
You practically start at top pay as a Train Operator. Top pay is only like a dollar more.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:33 AM

23 posts, read 61,013 times
Just got back from D/T. Word to the wise, if anyone has ever been arrested and had to go to court for any reason you have to bring a court disposition. They wont process you without it. I had to go to court 2 blocks away and have one printed out by the clerk. I brought it back and management reviewed it and approved me for the drug test. Now i'm anxiously awaiting the call for medical.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 AM

Nervouswreck. As I've been told by other train operators, they are looking for reasons not to hire you. If you show any sign of not being able to handle operating a train they wont hire you. There are hundreds and hundreds of lives that are in your hands on an hourly basis and they are very careful about who they hire. If you are worried that you wont be able to handle the job, you may not be. Poise and control are 2 things you definitely need for this job. You need to look inside yourself and really ask yourself if your ready to give up your life for a job you may not be able to handle. Personally, am I nervous about the prospect of operating a train? Not at all, I cant wait to get into school car. I know I can handle it and that's the attitude you have to have. I'm more anxious about the interview process than I am about the actual job. Its out of my hands right now, its up to them if they want me or not. I know I gave them a clean drug test and was completely honest on my pre employment application. Once I get in, its all on me to make it work and that's how I like it. I know I wont fail.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM

The pre interview is basically going over the pre-employment application and once approved they send you to the lab for a pee. Get there early so you get a good number.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 5,779 times
Default Did I miss out?

Hello,

While I was living out of state, I received a call that I was scheduled to go in. Needless to say, I didn't make it in. Now back in NY, I called DCAS, entered my SS & Exam # and the automated system had no record of me. My list # was in the mid-teens. Did I miss out or can I still get in?

Thanks.
JM

Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 PM

47 posts, read 140,628 times
Try calling Mrs.Shivers @ (347)643-8218 she is in charge of the train operators list at nyc transit. She can tell you what's really going on with your list#

Old 09-20-2013, 07:35 PM

captgombo, have you been called for the medical yet?

Old 09-21-2013, 12:56 PM

47 posts, read 140,628 times
No im still waiting i will post as soon as i hear something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City