Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 AM

47 posts, read 140,628 times

Advertisements

FYI I believe the November schoolcar starts on the 11/18 because of thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 AM

23 posts, read 61,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgombo View Post
FYI I believe the November schoolcar starts on the 11/18 because of thanksgiving.
Captgombo, have you gotten the call yet? Should be any day now for both of us.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:33 PM

13 posts, read 33,456 times
Captgombo. New York Jim, what list ranges are you guys in? Im in the 157? Range and went in on the 9th of September for the Preinterview. Called and left a message for the mrs shivers that people have spoken about on this forum last night.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:21 AM

23 posts, read 61,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkgentlrmen View Post
Captgombo. New York Jim, what list ranges are you guys in? Im in the 157? Range and went in on the 9th of September for the Preinterview. Called and left a message for the mrs shivers that people have spoken about on this forum last night.
My list number is in the 164* range and I went in for pre interview on the 10th of September. I don't know if they go by list number or pre-interview date when it comes to calling for medical.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:22 PM

88 posts, read 261,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgombo View Post
I'm goin to see about that tmrrw if I can get in that class if all goes well that would be s huge plus for me. Anybody goin tmrrw for medical? ?

Old 10-11-2013, 12:51 PM

Whoaaaa was sworn in today and I got the nov 18th class which gives me much needed time for personal things. Also everyone at 180 was amazingg and helpful some really nice ppl there.

Anyone else getn called??

Hopefully some of u will be my classmate in nov =)

Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM

15 posts, read 38,344 times
Justin that is awesome. Can u give me step by step instructions on what takes place? God willing they call me next week before the 18th so I can give proper notice to my job. Were you there all day like ppl say?

Old 10-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Thanks nervouswreck appreciate it =)

Sure thing glad to help out. I suggest getting there 630 645 the receptionist gets there 7am and will let ppl come upstairs and sign in and get your ticket. I was number 4 in line. Right at 730 they ask who's here for medical you get in line fill out a couple papers with your name and ss# nothing crazy and then they call your tix number.

Bye 8am I was in the medical portion. Again they call bye ticket number so I was 2nd to be called for the process. Youll take the questionaire asking medical history on the computer nothing big at all.

You get a copy of that questionaire and wait to be called by the nurses. When they call you will first give a small urine sample they check for sugar I believe diabetes.

Then from there its the EKG & Blood Pressure check

Then vision which is a machine that u look into and it has shapes and u nees to identify which ones look different but there's like 10 different sizes and then they blink red lights on both sides to check ir perphial vision then check your color sight naming the numbers inside a colliage like painting.

Then its the hearing test. You go into a booth and put headphones on and when u hear a beep you hit the clicker in your hand and there's diff levels of sound from obvious to very faint

Last the doctor reviews all the results and does a reflex test and makes u follow her finger nothing crazy at all and signs off on your paperwork w a Q for Qualify or N Not Qualify

Next you take that slip to human resource rep fill out more paperwork as far as beneficeries some tax info etc and you hand in your 21 page booklet. Make sure you have your drivers license. .passport..ss card

Last you meet with the human resources rep she goes over your paperwork making sure you didn't miss anything if you did shell point it out and you fill it in then. Some more signing papers. You take your fingerprints and she puts your info in the computer and you get your pass Id number so when you start schollcar you'll get on the first day She swears you in and you take a photo Id and your a new employee =)

Everyone was extremely nice and everyone wants you to suceed and make it here I was very impressed bye everyone. Gl to you and everyone I hope to meet some of you =)

Old 10-11-2013, 06:52 PM

47 posts, read 140,628 times
Congratulation Justin. I got the call today to come down for final processing hoping to get in the November class. List #1520s took D/T 9/6 looks like the list is moving again good luck to all.i will keep you posted.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:16 PM

5 posts, read 13,095 times
If there is anyone that has experience with the medical exam portion of the hiring process that can please advise on the MTA will respond to somebody with Type II Diabetes that is in control with oral medication?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City