Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 AM

23 posts, read 60,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainguy View Post
I have just received the same letter and will be calling on Monday. This has to be a mistake since the D/T should be good until early December. List #17XX. and they already have my accepted my pre-application. Anybody else receive this letter again? I do not believe that this is for the Final Medical since they specifically said my next contact will be a phone call from them with my medical appointment.
I was told by a friend who is currently a train operator that they very rarely make mistakes, he thinks that it is the letter for the final medical. They wouldn't want to spend more money on another D/T. I still am going to call and find out. Maybe they couldn't read how I wrote my phone number but I doubt it. Other possibility is that I did not have my high school diploma at the first appointment ( I have it now) and they wanted all of my paperwork. We'll find out on Monday I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 05:41 PM

9 posts, read 23,758 times
*Any help is appreciated*

I read through all 100 pages and my my eyes are bugging out but I am still unclear.

Tues I am going in for my 1st pre-interview/pre-medical and got my packet to fill out my 10 year employment history. I got the packet Sat.

1) I tore up my house trying to find my pay stubs/tax forms from years ago but no luck. WILL I BE DISQUALIFIED IF MY DATES OF EMPLOYMENT IS NOT 100% ACCURATE ??

2) What is the fastest way for me to get my employment history ??

Any help I would greatly appreciate it !

Old 10-27-2013, 06:15 PM

15 posts, read 66,475 times
SoloArtist what is your list # ?

Old 10-27-2013, 11:20 PM

13 posts, read 33,449 times
You need to fill it out as much as you can going back 10 years. You will be filling another one out that is more comprehensive that goes back all the way to high school. If you want to be accurate the social security administration will have accurate records of work history. That's if it was a regular job I.e. you paid taxes and it was on the books. They sat self employed means unemployed

Old 10-28-2013, 06:29 AM

9 posts, read 23,758 times
Thank you for your replies. My list # is low 1600s. <<== Is my list # good or bad? The reason I ask if I have to be exactly 100% accurate with the employment times is because I remember reading somewhere in this thread someone forgot to put down how many hours they worked a week and was disqualified and had to fight it with the appeal. The social security office will have the work records but from my research online you can only get it by filling out a form, MAILING IT, then WAITING for them to send you the info.. Though I read on here someone went down to the office and got it the same day which no where online does it even mention that.

Btw, do they give you automatically the 21 page booklet once you go to your 1st pre-interview?

Thanks again

Old 10-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I have just received the same letter and will be calling on Monday. This has to be a mistake since the D/T should be good until early December. List #17XX. and they already have my accepted my pre-application. Anybody else receive this letter again? I do not believe that this is for the Final Medical since they specifically said my next contact will be a phone call from them with my medical appointment.
I spoke to Ms. Shivers this morning and she told me to disregard the letter. They are only up to #1520 or so for new hires. My number is in the mid 1600's and she told me that if I don't get called for the November class then definitely the December class.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:53 AM

5 posts, read 13,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJim View Post
I spoke to Ms. Shivers this morning and she told me to disregard the letter. They are only up to #1520 or so for new hires. My number is in the mid 1600's and she told me that if I don't get called for the November class then definitely the December class.
Thanks NewYorkJim I had the same phone call with the same outcome. As I patiently continue to wait. Hope it will be good Christmas news for both of us! Good Luck!

Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks NewYorkJim I had the same phone call with the same outcome. As I patiently continue to wait. Hope it will be good Christmas news for both of us! Good Luck!
Well I hope so. It takes about 100 numbers to get the 40-50 they need per class from what I've heard so we'll have to wait and see. I should've asked when they will begin calling again but I didn't want to be too pushy. So we wait.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:28 PM

8 posts, read 20,866 times
Hi guys, here is what I posted in another forum, keep in mind is just from my now experience but it may help, this was october 16, when I got hired.

well, once you receive your notification letter for the pre-interview you jump off your shoes, lol.
I gonna teel you my case:

I receive the letter late, meaning I live in Rockaway Beach lost everything by Sandy so when I open the mail box the citation was for the past friday, anyway I went to the appointment the right next monday and explain the situation, so first tip:
if you are about to miss your appointment, call them, explain the situation and they may change your date.

-Fill it up the booklet with you info:
---10 years address
---10 years job
---education
don't leave any gap doesn't matter if you were homeless or unemployed just fill it up without gap. unemployment period you must explain how you support yourself, unemplyment benefits, family supported (thats the most used) put everything together, high school or college degree copy, my case foreign education I have the translation and certificated by an official entity, passport, drivers license, etc
-Make it to the appointment (BE THERE EARLY) 30-45 minutes early, believe me you are gonna be grateful
-front desk give u a number
-go to the main waiting room, pay atenttion what the lady has to say, some instructions, easy stuff just pay attention, consider there are lot of people to deal with they are not in the best mood all the time so be ready, they gonna handle the 21 booklet to take it to your home and return it when they call you back (usually after one month or so)
-fill it up some pages, asic info, return it to the lady and wait wait wait...the call you to get the 10 pages booklet, check it in front of you make a new file with your name, receive all the docs and put in the file, the gonna handle another piece of paper to give to the doctor in the drug test room...wait, wait ,and wait...
- they call you in to take urine sample, they might ask you to strip, they are very anal about this, they don't touch the container or any other stuff, you will handle everything following their instructions.
- return to front desk, gave back the paper signed by medical and go home.

after one month and one week received the call:
fill it up the 21 booklet, basically the same info from the first one but in details
DON'T LEAVE ANY GAP.
put everithing together
- go to 180 livingston EARLY!!!
-fill it up some forms
-make a questionary in a computer, you have to check if you have asthma, surgeries, pain, bloor urine, back pain, etc regular questionary
-go to examination:
----EKG:
they will connect all those plugs and test your heart
----AUDIOMETRY:
you will wear some headphones and a joystick/trigger, ehan you hear a sound just press the button, my case they went all the sound to the left ear first then the right one.
----VISION:
look into a machine (with and without my lenses). first some circles with an aperture on one side (left, right, up, down) you have to tell where is the aperture. color blind test, some card multicolor with a different color in the middle forming a number. shape test, some cubes deifferent colors
----PHYSICAL:
make you strip, they will give you those surgery aprons, they will go over the questionary you filled up in the computer, the, reflexes, squad, lift the arms, legs, cough, etc regular check up...wait until they give you the results "Q" qualified "N" no qualified .

After that go to HR, they go over to your booklet, page by page word by word, check up all the papers, explain some administrative stuff, fill it up more form and...you are hired!!!!...good luck man, i think I dont forget anything and I hope this help, it did to me when Justin08 and catgombo told their experience or th info they were getting...see you GL!

Old 10-29-2013, 08:36 AM

15 posts, read 38,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJim View Post
My list number is 17xx so safe to say ill probably have a December class or January lol. I'm employed so it's no big deal I just want to make sure I have enough time to give my current job cause they need 4 weeks notice of resignation orelse I forfeit my vacation and personal time which is about 2 paychecks.

Gl to us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City