Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2013, 07:07 AM

88 posts, read 261,591 times

Advertisements

Captgombo congrats man when are you goin down?? You might get into the Oct 28th class.

Trainguy not sure abt your question but if you have a personal doctor I would make sure he's ready to be onboard if you do get put on hold. You can get put on med hold and literallly the next day be taken off so its not the end of the world. Gl too you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 AM

47 posts, read 140,599 times
Thanks Justin going down on Wednesday i was thinking of doing the same thing you did and get in the November class but now I think I will take the October class if offered. I will let you guys waiting how it go's list# 1520s

Old 10-13-2013, 12:11 PM

23 posts, read 61,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgombo View Post
Thanks Justin going down on Wednesday i was thinking of doing the same thing you did and get in the November class but now I think I will take the October class if offered. I will let you guys waiting how it go's list# 1520s
Congrats man. As far as everyone knows they call people for medical based on list numbers right, not by date of drug test.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:59 PM

Yes they go bye list number not D/T date.

Something I just realized I totally forgot to put a stupid job I had for I'm not even sure how long I had it probably 3wks selling ice cream at a civic center for events prob 15yrs ago on my work history.

I've been at my present job 13yrs and only 4 jobs since HS I'm obviously not trying to omit this job anybody have exp with something stupid like this after being sworn in??

Should I see if they ask me or should I tell them?? I can't see getn in trouble for something so stupid but I'm definitelyaasking

Old 10-14-2013, 08:27 AM

15 posts, read 38,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin08 View Post
Yes they go bye list number not D/T date.

Something I just realized I totally forgot to put a stupid job I had for I'm not even sure how long I had it probably 3wks selling ice cream at a civic center for events prob 15yrs ago on my work history.

I've been at my present job 13yrs and only 4 jobs since HS I'm obviously not trying to omit this job anybody have exp with something stupid like this after being sworn in??

Should I see if they ask me or should I tell them?? I can't see getn in trouble for something so stupid but I'm definitelyaasking
I would probably go tell them. You can just let them know that you forgot and just remembered after you were sworn in. Maybe it will show good faith. Plus im sure it will look better then them having to come to you and tell you what they found you know.

I have been with my job 12 yrs and only had about 4 jobs in total. Trying to remember all of this information was soooooo hard . I had a job at age 15 with summer youth, im wondering do I need to add that too LOL.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:09 AM

Nervouswreck I did call them and spoke to someone and they told me if its over 10yrs don't worry about it so that's good. I wouldn't think forgetn a job selln ice cream for 3wks tops 15yrs ago would get you in trouble but better to come forth then them comin to you.

And work employment to HS should be efficent enough for you. Gl to you

Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 AM

5 posts, read 13,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin08 View Post
Captgombo congrats man when are you goin down?? You might get into the Oct 28th class.

Trainguy not sure abt your question but if you have a personal doctor I would make sure he's ready to be onboard if you do get put on hold. You can get put on med hold and literallly the next day be taken off so its not the end of the world. Gl too you
Thanks Justin, Good luck to you!

Old 10-16-2013, 01:00 PM

47 posts, read 140,599 times
It's official I'm a NYC transit employee going in the Oct 28 class. I was there at 0625hrs and out the door at 1300hrs. Good luck the all that are waiting hope to see you on the 28th. List 1520s D/T 9/6.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Captgombo congratsss man that's awesome..keep us in the loop as to which Div u get and if u can pick which one you want. Which Div do you want btw?? I'm hoping I can pick the A Div

Old 10-16-2013, 03:09 PM

13 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captgombo View Post
It's official I'm a NYC transit employee going in the Oct 28 class. I was there at 0625hrs and out the door at 1300hrs. Good luck the all that are waiting hope to see you on the 28th. List 1520s D/T 9/6.
Congrats Captgombo, I'm sure it's been a long time coming. I'm 1570's hoping to get the call within the next couple of weeks. Especially with there bein a mid November class. Waiting patiently lol. Seems you got in and you got out quickly. They say bring lunch but it seems from the past few individuals who have been sworn in, if you have your ducks in a row you will be out before it would be needed. Good luck you have about two weeks to celebrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City