Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 PM

8 posts, read 20,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captgombo View Post
Yes we got keys brake handle safety vest and a lot of books and conductors also got their badges
captongo, we are in the same division, what class are you? I'm the guy with the light blue shirt, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 PM

8 posts, read 20,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urraca View Post
captongo, we are in the same division, what class are you? I'm the guy with the light blue shirt, lol
no, really we have to find each other we are just 20 people in the A division, ask me monday, just say..."Hey URRACA"

Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 PM

88 posts, read 261,685 times
Where did u guys report today?? Any train interaction yet??

I'm starting to get worried is there anybody on here for Nov 18th?? It seems quiet

Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 AM

22 posts, read 52,917 times
Hi guys,
So a bit of bad luck came my way. Had a Pulmonary Embolism this past week and it knocked me so hard off my feet it fractured my foot. after a few calls, i found my job is secure, i just have to have transit clear me for duty, but i do not have to start school car from the beginning again. Basically, they hit the pause button on me and i will pick up right where i left off in the program. hopefully I'm not out too long, I'm itching to get behind the controls of a train again.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:44 AM

5 posts, read 14,667 times
Default How long for Medical

Hi,

How long after the initial drug test do you get called for the medical?

Thank you

Old 11-07-2013, 10:08 AM

22 posts, read 52,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtavasun View Post
Hi,

Thank you
Some people take longer than others, but average is about 2 weeks

Old 11-07-2013, 11:04 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtavasun
Hi,

Thank you

Some people take longer than others, but average is about 2 weeks

Thank you so much.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:06 AM

Default Anyone done it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkgentlrmen View Post
I think with the situation that you are in its up to you to decide. If you are happy where you are at. I know starting pay with the MTA leaves you in the high 60k a year and even with top pay you earn about 2 dollars more hourly. I don't know what the benefits at your job are like but the one main benefit with the MTA is their health benefits. Low premiums and full coverage. One of the best health plans you can get anywhere accounting for cost and no to minimal out of pocket expenses. There are no bonuses though. I would say the train operator position is one with stability once you pass your probation period of one year. TWU 100 is a good union. Buses nd subways are still working without a contract though but I'm sure they are looking to give no concessions and some percentage of a pay raise to there members. I believe the last contract had a 3.5% pay raise yearly might not seem like much but anything is better than zero. I also believe the MTA is looking for more in concessions concerning payment into pensions and increase in employees health premiums. Once again it's your choice. If you want more info just go to the TWU website and check it out. If you are looking for division specific info trsin operator would fall under the RTO section of their website. Hope my humble opinion helped.

Hi,

I was hoping to hear from someone that did the same but Thanks so much for your comment.

Thank you

Old 11-08-2013, 09:20 AM

15 posts, read 38,344 times
Hey everyone still waiting on a call back for the physical come Wednesday it will be 2 mos since I did the preinterview.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:49 PM

4 posts, read 12,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nervouswreck View Post
Hey everyone still waiting on a call back for the physical come Wednesday it will be 2 mos since I did the preinterview.
If you went in on 9/11 like me,you must have received a letter to go back in. I received a letter to go back in,thinking it was the callback,but I was told the drug test expired,and was good for only 30 days. So I had to do it all over again,on 10/30.
Now,are they supposed to call you on the phone to come back in,as I heard,or do they send a letter again? It's been two weeks since I was there,and really hope that I get a callback this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City