Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 08:55 AM

47 posts, read 140,628 times

Advertisements

sorry 1650s for drug test people in the low 1400s are getting job offers DCAS phone is off they had a class go in at the end of Aug and it still has the number of the last hired at 1340 its been that number for 6 weeks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 09:57 AM

23 posts, read 61,013 times
I should've received something already for D/T then. My number is in the 1640's. I guess any day now. Thanks for all your info.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:34 PM

Any day was right. Just got it. Next problem, I cant find my high school diploma and it seems impossible to get one instantly so please say a prayer for me that I can locate it.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Anyone know what they tell you if you don't have your high school diploma. I am scheduled to go down for pre interview and medical in a couple of days and I can't find it. I am a graduate I just can't locate the actual diploma. I'm going to call the school on Monday and hope they can give me something official stating I'm in the process of getting a copy. I've been told they may let this slide and they tell you to bring it when you get it and I've also been told that they could tell me to come back when I get it. Hopefully the school can help me.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM

I had the same problem NYC public schools do not give duplicate diploma they will give you a letter stating You graduated takes about a week to get. It was no problem when I told them at the D/T that I requested it wastold me to bring it to the medical. The letter from the school was in my mailbox when I returned home from D/T so now I have all my paperwork in order. Now just waiting for the call for the medical. Glad to see you got your letter for the D/T when do you have to go down.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:04 PM

Yeah I figured I'm not the only guy to have lost their diploma. They don't give you much time to get all that stuff if you've lost it. I'm going down on Tuesday the 10th. I've heard they will call you back in about 2 to 3 weeks if everything checks out. Hopefully if all goes well for both of us, we may be classmates in school car. Did you have to actually go down to the school or was a phone call good enough to get that letter?

Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 PM

13 posts, read 33,456 times
Heading to 180 Livingston st tomorrow 9/9/13 for the pre employment interview. My list range was in the 158? Range. I have been through the process before. As I was taken on as a probationary bus operator but I failed the DMV driving test. I should have taken bus lessons before I tried. It was hard for me and once you go over a curb even slightly you fail. Oh well I think I'd like the train operator job better especially since it pays better sooner. I'm actually wanting the job because of the superb health benefits. The only people I heard with better health benefits are politicians. If I remember correctly with the bus operator process I went in for the ore interview handed in the mailed paperwork sat around for a while tool a urine test (my train operator interview sheet says there will also be a hearing test that day) sent me home with the 21 page booklet which is just a elongated version if the pre interview packet. They called me a about a week later I handed in my 21 page booklet they sent me to the back and I took a vision test, I'm not sure if I took another urine test, a EKG test than went to another room to speak to a doctor which she asked some basic health history questions. Took the BOSS test which was a basic psychological test on a computer near the waiting room. Finished that in less than 30 minutes. I had a badly mutilated copy of my birth certificate so they allowed me to go downtown and procure one. Took me about 1 1/2 hours came back before 330 I believe sat around again and they called me into one of the cubicles by the waiting room the nice woman just verified my 21 page report with me, and swore me in. I went to a back room that was close to the cubicle offices and took my fingerprint test which is done on a computer and also took a picture I believe. So when I got to my first day of class I have my MTA ID/METROCARD. By the way they always say don't swipe your card as you can destroy it that way. Just flash it to bus operators or station agents to open the gates for you. Only swipe when needed to I.e. no station agent at the station or bus operator is being a jerk if you know what I mean. Well I guess I'll be seeing some people from this forum there eventhough I probably won't know it lol. Good luck everyone.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 PM

I went down to the school and filled out a form and had to pay $5 then they mailed it out.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 AM

6 posts, read 25,799 times
Just went on pre interview and D/T on Friday, does anyone know what the Training Pay is?

Old 09-10-2013, 07:54 AM

It said it on the first page of your notification 30.370 phr. Not bad for training
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City