Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 05:20 PM

423 posts, read 1,281,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
i thought sunbset park was the only hispanic area that didnt have no dominican gangs. i guess i was wrong.
They're out here. They're just not that strong out here. Here it's mostly the mexican gangs NM and all it's subordinates and rivals and LK scattered throughout.

and Sobroguy, you're saying gangs don't affect normal people? Trust me, when people are in a bigger group they feel they have more balls to do something to someone which in turn could lead to robbery, assault, etc. Believe me a lot of neighborhoods would be safer without gangs.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:44 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,415,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andez View Post
They're out here. They're just not that strong out here. Here it's mostly the mexican gangs NM and all it's subordinates and rivals and LK scattered throughout.

and Sobroguy, you're saying gangs don't affect normal people? Trust me, when people are in a bigger group they feel they have more balls to do something to someone which in turn could lead to robbery, assault, etc. Believe me a lot of neighborhoods would be safer without gangs.
hell yeah always knew about the mexican gangs and lk, and thats crazy everyone knows gangs effet everyone.

a lot of people would even walk through a gang that was posted up in the corner.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 AM

160 posts, read 1,679,395 times
true dat

Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,381,509 times
Andez I don't need to believe you to know that we would all be safer without gangs, however on a day to day basis for the average person, the gangs are busy conducting their business and don't want to bring heat to their spot. They have learned (the ones that are still functioning and "successful') how to operate without bringing attention to yourself, which is good superficially for the community, but means they are harder to find/and probably more prevalent than we know.

Yes gangs are in NYC, always have been, likely always will be...it's a part of NYC (and most other places these days). However, the ones that want to shoot up the neighborhood, or bring heat to their spots are the ones that end up closing shop/getting busted by the police..and they know this. That's not how you run a business, and the "successful" ones keep the kids inline and away from petty crimes that only bring unwanted attention. It's the wannabees that cause problems.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:07 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,340,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Really? As anon said the Trinitarios are all over the place. There heaviest spots are all of Inwood and Washington Heights, spread throughout the Bronx, Corona, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Ridgewood, Sunset Park, Williamsburg, Bushwick, East New York/Cypress Hills, and Port Richmond. They're literally all over the city. They are always in the news too. But along with the 5 boroughs they are deep in places like Jersey City, West New York, Trenton, Newark, Camden..concentrated especially in North Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Florida, Connecticut, Massachusets, Alaska, Spain, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Switzerland all have Trinitario sets.

DDP's are more limited and you probably could spot a them in the Bronx, Harlem, LES, some parts of Brooklyn, North Jersey ,and Florida.
Yeah I'm rarely ever in those areas.

However the HS I went to was mostly Hispanic, never heard of a Trinitario or DDP until now. Man that first year was WILD, having multiple gangs (Bloods, Crips, MS13, and smaller gangs) under one roof plus those annoying ass security guards that like to go overboard. They loved trouble, walking in the halls with rival gangs flag's tied to their shoes (walking on their flags). Threatening to kill the principal during a gang initiation (rumor, never happened), 50 cops in there the next day making everybody (parents too) go through metal detectors (regular ones plus the handheld ones).

I hate that place lmao.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:47 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,415,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Really? As anon said the Trinitarios are all over the place. There heaviest spots are all of Inwood and Washington Heights, spread throughout the Bronx, Corona, Jackson Heights, Elmhurst, Ridgewood, Sunset Park, Williamsburg, Bushwick, East New York/Cypress Hills, and Port Richmond. They're literally all over the city. They are always in the news too. But along with the 5 boroughs they are deep in places like Jersey City, West New York, Trenton, Newark, Camden..concentrated especially in North Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Florida, Connecticut, Massachusets, Alaska, Spain, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and Switzerland all have Trinitario sets.

DDP's are more limited and you probably could spot a them in the Bronx, Harlem, LES, some parts of Brooklyn, North Jersey ,and Florida.
ALASKA? this must be a joke aint no dominicans in alaska lmaoooo hell are their even mexicans in alaska?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,504 times
@ Infamous92 what school did you go to? Sounds like a jungle in there. My school was bad but kids weren't that stupid to go running their business around for everyone to see...

Old 09-22-2010, 03:34 PM

916 posts, read 2,247,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ supermario we're not talking about how dangerous the gangs are and i specifically said that i wasnt comparing the danger aspect but I am a junior high school teacher and if at least 75% of the guys in the school that I teach in which isn't a school in the hood aren't in a gang then it'll come as a shock to me. Unfortunately I cant do anything without solid proof but you see the handshakes, the beads, what they talk about... When i went to school back then I remember having to watch for my life everyday not to get shot but it wasn't because of the gangs, its cause the whole neighborhood in general was a hellhole... I never saw gangs as prevalent as they are nowadays. The difference is they have wised up aside from the Trinitarios they dont go spreading there business out or do their business in broad daylight so nobody realizes how big a problem they really are.

To give an example, trinitarios, Latin kings and Bloods have been fighting for territory in Ridgewood since the early 90s (trinitarios since the early 2000s) and to this day the 104 precint which covers about 75% of Ridgewood still claims that the precint doesnt have any gangs in the area... These are the numbers that we are fed which lead us to believe that gangs aren't as big, but the reality is much different. Again, not saying more dangerous than back then, just a larger number of gangs out there and more and more people joining...
During the early 90s to 2000s, I used to see very large group of gangs
at P.S 81 at night. It's like 30-40 of them meeting up there for something
once every 1-2 months. They usually don't bother people when they
have meetings there. Sometimes the cops would break them up, most
of the time nothing happen. I can't really tell the differences between
all the Hispanic gangs from Ridgewood, So.... don't know what gangs
they belong to.

I also have no idea some of those graffitis on the streets are gang signs
marking the territory, until one of my Dominican classmate pointed out
to me one day after school, like the crown looking graffiti represent
LK, and DDP is a gang name.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:11 PM

At jaydata yea I know what you're talking about. Thats at the end of Ridgewood right on the border of Bushwick. Back then thats really the only parts where stuff like that happened. From Seneca Ave. and on. Then the neighborhood had a bunch of hispanics from Bushwick move over to Ridgewood and little by little the neighborhood started changing. It wasn't so much the changing demographics but moreso the types of hispanics that were moving in...

What happened eventually was that the cops wised up to their act and they put cameras all over the hot spots for gang activity. My block about 4-5 years ago was one of those blocks but now the police are over here all the time so it stays quiet. That doesnt mean they've left though. They're more prevalent than ever, they're just smarter about how they go about their business. Thats why you may not see them as much. but if you pass by seneca ave and himrod or woodward and gates ave. you'll see guys with the green and yellow dourags walking around and you know thats their territory...

Old 09-27-2010, 01:01 PM

Quick question... can someone put up the up to date statistics for violent crime and overall crime this year with the comparisons of previous years... i havent kept up with crime over the last month so i was just wondering if someone could post it up. thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City